District 5-AAA

alt1958

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baconbreath, that was what I meant about the tiebreaker. Obviously Bradley will win the District but being seeded 2nd will be a huge plus for either McMinn or Cleveland

Playing the Regions at Cleveland will certainly be handy for all the "local" District 5AAA teams, which is why I think the two substate teams from our Region could be from District 5AAA. No doubt in my mind that Bradley will win the Region, BUT getting past substate will once again be a challenge for the Bearettes.

Edited by blitzinbuc

cookeville can beat Bradley, not saying they will, but they've gotten pretty close.

I will agree Cookeville has the best shot at the Bearettes. I don't consider Bradley to be unbeatable by any means. Cleveland, McMinn or White County all could catch Bradley on a off night and pull off an upset. But the odds of that is not great.

I will agree Cookeville has the best shot at the Bearettes. I don't consider Bradley to be unbeatable by any means. Cleveland, McMinn or White County all could catch Bradley on a off night and pull off an upset. But the odds of that is not great.

No team is unbeatable, but it would take nothing short of a miracle for either McMinn, Cleveland, or White County to beat them.

Didn't the starters play the other day? Any way WV Won tonite.

I'm not sure when all the suspended girls came back, but thought for sure they were back after their loss to McMinn. Really surprised they lost to WV, though. McMinn only has Soddy left on their schedule, so if they beat them they'll have second place sewed up. Seeded second means they won't have to face Bradley until the District Championship - assuming the Lady Cherokees win out. Finishing second in the District Tournament is important too when it comes to Regional seeding.