District 5-AAA

alt1958

hopefully Bradley can make it to state this year. I remember when we dominated district and region, and went to state a few times. :( enjoy it buddy :)...you guys have the right mixture of talent to get it done.

Oh you bet we'll enjoy it as long as we can. But that Sub State play in game won't be easy. Riverdale is nationally ranked and the second place team out of that region (probably Blackman) will be nearly as good.

Big thing is to get the home stand for Sub State (sectionals they call it now I think) and not slip up in that. You don't want to get Riverdale until the actual tourny if you can avoid it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you bet we'll enjoy it as long as we can. But that Sub State play in game won't be easy. Riverdale is nationally ranked and the second place team out of that region (probably Blackman) will be nearly as good.

Big thing is to get the home stand for Sub State (sectionals they call it now I think) and not slip up in that. You don't want to get Riverdale until the actual tourny if you can avoid it.

As long as the girls stay focused they should have a problem winning region. Riverdale is always tough. Wish you guys could have scheduled them for the regular season. I'm excited for you guys, yall can do big things this year.

As a Bradley fan I like that, but ..... I really hate to say too much, because it looks like disrespecting the other members of the district. The big thing, I think, is that no one can match up inside with the Bearettes. Outside shooting and perimeter play may be closer, but not inside.

And it's telling in the games I have followed so far. Cleveland and McMinn was a great match with Cleveland holding the upper hand after that game. Rhea isn't shabby, but suffered the first loss of the season by a pretty good margin to McMinn. Walker Valley will be in the mix with them, but lost an important cog to injury. Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy are going to fight to see who is the last place team.

At least that is the way I see it early.

It's not bragging on your part or being disrespectful when you state the truth. No one in this District is even in the same light year as the Bearettes.

I think the surprise team so far this year has to be the Lady Cherokees, who were picked 4th or 5th in the District. Cleveland is the only District team to beat them. It was a close game late until McMinn had to foul a lot at the end to get the ball after falling behind by 3. I think the second place team will be Cleveland or McMinn.....with Walker Valley as a long shot. Rhea County apparently hadn't played anyone when they were 7-0, because the Lady Cherokkes destroyed them.

Bradley's biggest challenge will be to win the substate game.

Beware of the sleepers through February. The worst feeling in the world is when a team is almost promised a substate birth and a team is 3-24 or worse put you out at district or region. 1984 Bradley should have swept the District and Region. Cleveland, had no shooters or scores on that team, but they had 5 girls that got after every loose ball and beat Bradley to end their run. It is very possible for Bradley to make that run again this year, but the "Basketball Gods" have alot to do with it in the end.

It is funny how it is 0-0 when you start the district tournament. You have to start all over trying to prove what you have proved all season. I mean Walker Valley two years ago was suppose to walk into state also, beat Cleveland by almost 60 the first game they played, and then beat Cleveland by 3 the second time , and in District tournament Cleveland beat them and then Bradley ended Walker Valleys run in Region. It is truly the "Basketball Gods". So it will be interesting. :popcorneater:

It's not bragging on your part or being disrespectful when you state the truth. No one in this District is even in the same light year as the Bearettes.

I think the surprise team so far this year has to be the Lady Cherokees, who were picked 4th or 5th in the District. Cleveland is the only District team to beat them. It was a close game late until McMinn had to foul a lot at the end to get the ball after falling behind by 3. I think the second place team will be Cleveland or McMinn.....with Walker Valley as a long shot. Rhea County apparently hadn't played anyone when they were 7-0, because the Lady Cherokkes destroyed them.

Bradley's biggest challenge will be to win the substate game.

True, but everyone else is so far behind it seems like dishing on them to say so. McMinn is playing good ball.

Bradley played riverdale in a scrimmage day a few weeks ago and got beat 62-17 or something like that. Nobody from 5AAA will make it to state.

Bradley can make state, they don't necessarily have to beat Riverdale to get there. All it takes is a little luck, its a long season and their is no telling what will happen. Way too early to say they can't make it, there's a reason the games are played. They just need the ball to bounce in their favor. Anything is possible

Bradley can make state, they don't necessarily have to beat Riverdale to get there. All it takes is a little luck, its a long season and their is no telling what will happen. Way too early to say they can't make it, there's a reason the games are played. They just need the ball to bounce in their favor. Anything is possible

well said