what are your thoughts on butch jones? is he a good hire or bad hire?

Governm

It'll take time..lots of rectruiting to be done of correct players for each position..give him time..we struck on last two hires so lets give him time.;.dont know if he bit off to much in SEC ..going to take time to get players to buy back into the Vols ..they want instant success too ..cant win with 3 star + a few 4 star recruits

It's a bad hire for UT fans who think they deserve better. It's a good hire for an AD that is trying to fill the position with a coach who has been a head coach before with a winning record.

Only time will tell. This is a 'wait and see' project if any there were such a thing.

I'll give him credit in one regard. Out of the past few recent coaches that have been at UT. Coach Jones has the best relationship with the city of Memphis High School coaches then any other recent hire. While at Cincy his staff made recruiting Memphis a priority. Those endeavors should help benefit UT in recruiting in Memphis in the future whith him as the HC at UT.

Edited by kwc

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I think it was a solid hire, but he will never match the unrealistic expectations of the UT fanbase. UT fans just need to hope they can stay above Kentucky, because if Mark Stoops gets it going there, UT and Missouri will be hanging out at 6th and 7th place in the East for a while. Just my opinion though.

Edited by DialItUp

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/1/2016 at 8:40 AM, OakRidgeWildcat said:

He's a great hire because he's turned the Tennessee football program around from the wasteland Derek Dooley turned it into! Tennessee will win the SEC East in 2016.

Eat them words!!!LOL.I thought theu would too.Now look at this dumpster fire.SMH.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2015 at 8:58 AM, fallguy17 said:

Butch Jones had better start looking for a Defensive Coordinator and Offensive Coordinator that are WAY smarter than he is or he will be looking for a new job after the 2016 season.

After this Saturday we all wont have to worry about Jones anymore. Imo he will not beat South Carolina I may be wrong but to me he is just average coach and cannot get a team ready for game day! All of the Vol fans are ready to get him out. He will never win no more than 8 to 9 a game and cant win the games he must win!

Edited by JungleJim125