Peabody 2013?

bearcat22

You know how rumors go, so I could be wrong, but the rumor is that Tab Vowell was offered the job but turned it down.

I could be totally wrong.... but I had a retired coach, who is a close friend, tell me that Tab Vowell from North Side will be the next coach at Peabody.

Its true. Vowell rejected the deal that includs a big paycheck.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article in our paper quoted him as saying that he just wanted to go back "home" and that many former players and fans from Oak Ridge had been in contact with him. I choose to believe him. He said he loved it here and most of us could tell that. He may have gotten a substantial raise because we don't pay all that well and Oak Ridge likely does. Either way, he turned our program around and y'all got a good one, as I'm sure you know. With the right hire, we will be fine and I know Oak Ridge will be.

Thanks Bearcat..We are so happy to have Joe back!!!! Best wishes to Peabody!

Offer it to another good coach one will eventually take it. Call Coady, Comer or Swenson or another good coach. All they can do is say no.

I am not associated with Trenton Peabody football. However, I hope the best for them with there coaching search. But time is running out. I would expect there will be a coach at the helm in Trenton, but its not. So its time to just pick a coach and hope for the best. But again, time is running out might half to pick an assisstant, lick your chops and hope for the best.

I am not associated with Trenton Peabody football. However, I hope the best for them with there coaching search. But time is running out. I would expect there will be a coach at the helm in Trenton, but its not. So its time to just pick a coach and hope for the best. But again, time is running out might half to pick an assisstant, lick your chops and hope for the best.

We disagree. The right hire is more important than the fast hire. I would prefer to hire the best instead of "hope" for the best. I like many of you all have no real say in the decision making process but feel our adminstration will make a good decision.

We disagree. The right hire is more important than the fast hire. I would prefer to hire the best instead of "hope" for the best. I like many of you all have no real say in the decision making process but feel our adminstration will make a good decision.

Of course ya'll want the right hire, but with spring practice coming in a few weeks, all of the coaches are basically set on where they will be this fall. However the only head coach that is out there is Montez Edwards. If not, IMO Shane Jacobs is the person ya'll have to go with for the hire.

Milan will be good. Dresden will be young on offense but return 8 on defense. McKenzie will be a bit better than last year but not a whole lot. Yall should finish 7-3. Could go 8-2 if Humboldt's new coach doesn't utilize the loaded team he has been handed.

People don't realize Coach Reed coach these kids in Middle school & won the Middle school championship in basketball & football a couple times over the past four years. They have a lot of talent returning & will compete in 1A this year instead of 2A! McNilly will return after rushing for over 2200 yards last year & all of the skill players returns with a couple lineman!!!