9AAA in 2013

REDSMAN

Southernfried, if you are 46 and went to CU, then we were there together. Saw Dr. Jon Franklin last week. I coach against Redsman all summer long.

Class of 89, Next time you see Jon tell him I said Hey, I got his cell phone number around here some where. Super great guy. That was for sure a special time. I played behind some of the best first basemen I ever met, lol. Had to quit my senior year to graduate on time, lol. Biggest mistake I ever made, giving up my senior year. But, things all work out for the best. Redsman lives in my parents neighborhood now, lol.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, cutting players, fundraisers etc.....

Being VERY close to the program, I can tell you that Coach Purvis built a very elite program. That takes parents, booster club, school administration and players. we have a very good JV program and while we do carry 44 players, all get a chance to contribute.

You don't win as much as MJ has in the past 15 years by accident. I read in one post that the new coach does not have exp. with an AAA team. From what I have seen he will do fine.

Dont misread in anything I have wrote, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Purvis and the program he built, and would never, say a negative thing about him or his program. I wished he was still there, and should be. I know nothing about fund raisers, except I like candy bars. I also agree I think Carter will do fine there, had a great program at DA and done a ton for his players......as far as cutting players, what school doesnt cut players each year, from looking around on most of the schools rosters there have been several either cut or quit from last year. Gobig7, you had some pretty dang good leftys last year, specially in one Freshman I know and think the world of. Yall also have a very nice facility. Always wish yall well each year. Last couple of years always had good games with their "middle school" team. Dont see why that should change. Good luck to yall sir..........BigChief let me know who ya are. I have my name posted in my profile, plus ya can find me on facebook. Good luck to yall

Couldn't find your name on here. 1st base when I got there was Joe Modica. Seems like Big Murph was there also. I live in Mt. Juliet so I run into Mickey Martin some. I know Hunn is preaching at Emmanuel now. I did not finish undergrad at CU. Could not afford it. Finished at MTSU. I did get my Master's degree from CU in '97.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, cutting players, fundraisers etc.....

Being VERY close to the program, I can tell you that Coach Purvis built a very elite program. That takes parents, booster club, school administration and players. we have a very good JV program and while we do carry 44 players, all get a chance to contribute.

You don't win as much as MJ has in the past 15 years by accident. I read in one post that the new coach does not have exp. with an AAA team. From what I have seen he will do fine.

No one is doubting Coach Purvis's abilities to coach and run a program. Anyone who knows anything about baseball should be able to coach the MJ team.

Personally, I think Coach Brown should have been elevated to HC, but will support Coach Carter.

To be honest I was surprised Brown was passed over as well. Former player for the principal. He teaches at the middle school, but that could be fixed easily. Now he got out of coaching completely. Sad.

Carter teaches math so he could get a job anywhere. Anxious to see how the public school setting agrees with him. He didn't stay long the last time he was in a public school. We shall see.

I hope Purvis can move on from this and get another shot down the road.

Couldn't find your name on here. 1st base when I got there was Joe Modica. Seems like Big Murph was there also. I live in Mt. Juliet so I run into Mickey Martin some. I know Hunn is preaching at Emmanuel now. I did not finish undergrad at CU. Could not afford it. Finished at MTSU. I did get my Master's degree from CU in '97.

Just click on my user name, but, I'm Randy Dixon, Joe was a senior my Freshman year, Murph was a sophomore. After Joe left in 86, Murph left right after, then Dave Stauss was the starting fb, then the next year Steve King, my senior year I had to quit to graduate on time in 1989 with Jon. I think he wound up being the only true Freshmen that came in when I did to actually graduate as a player in 4 years.lol. I was young and dumb. I also ended up taking a management class at MTSU in the summer of 89 to get my degree. Here is a link to everyone on CU's page and the years they played http://www.gocumberlandathletics.com/media/pdf/alltimestats/all-timestats.pdf . I dislocated my shoulder on the first ground ball, first day, first practice my sophomore year and had to redshirt. That sucked lol. But, its life.

Bigchief you probably know me as well. I remember that injury very well Randy. I had to run all the way to the cafeteria to get you some ice. Purvis will be ok and so will MJ. Follow the Macon County team this year as I am now their head coach. We will be playing in the Wilson Co. Tournament again this year. Good luck to all teams this season!

To be honest I was surprised Brown was passed over as well. Former player for the principal. He teaches at the middle school, but that could be fixed easily. Now he got out of coaching completely. Sad.

Carter teaches math so he could get a job anywhere. Anxious to see how the public school setting agrees with him. He didn't stay long the last time he was in a public school. We shall see.

Think it was a slap in the face for Mel to bring Rob Brown over as an assistant coach. Get his 2 sons to play there, and then go and hire Carter as the coach. Brown took a big paycut to leave Metro, probably with the idea that when Purvis moved on, the job was his.......especially with his sons coming into play.

I don't see Coach Carter staying around very long.

I think Brown would have been fine for the job, but anyway Carter is a good one. I see Brown going back to coaching once his sones are through HS

Think it was a slap in the face for Mel to bring Rob Brown over as an assistant coach. Get his 2 sons to play there, and then go and hire Carter as the coach. Brown took a big paycut to leave Metro, probably with the idea that when Purvis moved on, the job was his.......especially with his sons coming into play.

I don't see Coach Carter staying around very long.

As far as I know RB was never promised anything.... he lives in MJ, his sons go to school in MJ, he was hired at the middle school, IF he was promised something when Purvis left, then why was he not hired at the HS? "get his two sone sot play there" hey they are good players, but MJ would be fine with or without them. MJ has kids trying out from other counties and states , then if they make the team the parents move. They are not lecking any talent to the point of making deals that for sure. And when RB came over, who knew how long it would be before MP left? You really think Mel was the only one that had a say in this?

Edited by FightinIllini