9AAA in 2013

REDSMAN

CM the team you forgot was Hendersonville. They have their program set up right, all the way down to the 8-12 age groups. I like seeing programs that go that young. It should help them in their future if they stay with it. It will be an interesting district this year. Several coaching changes at Beech and Mt. Juliet. Funny, best two teams in the district went through coaching changes. Beech changed head coaches and some assistants. I know we lost Patterson at Portland as an assistant and he went back home to Beech. He should do them well as an assistant. The rest is pretty much up in the air. Yes Beech and Mt Juliet should be the top 2 teams based on talent alone. Funny most of our district is now 6A level schools:

Mt Juliet-6a

Hendersonville-6a

Wilson-Central-6a

Station Camp-6a

Lebanon-6a

Beech -5a

Portland -5a

Gallatin-5a

We at Portland have another team this year with a small senior class of 5 players, makes it tough on the younger guys but they do get experience early, lol. I believe last year we had 2-3 Freshman playing on a regular basis. I believe in the last 3 years we have graduated 12, those numbers alone makes for a challenging season each year. Good luck to everyone in our district, cant wait till we get the season started.......Redsman, brother, good luck to yall.

MJ will win the district again will little effort. They have more talent and are deeper than the other schools . New coach is solid... the pitching coach has not changed, the asst coaches are still there. MJ has 10 sr's and 3-4 solid jr's with varisty exp..... a new jr from Lexington they will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

MJ will win the district again will little effort. They have more talent and are deeper than the other schools . New coach is solid... the pitching coach has not changed, the asst coaches are still there. MJ has 10 sr's and 3-4 solid jr's with varisty exp..... a new jr from Lexington they will be fine.

Great to hear. MJ has produced ALOT of great pitchers over the years. Go BEARS!

Beech returns two starters in the outfield, first base and lots of arms on the mound, including two of their top three pitchers from last year. New coaches will have to find a catcher and middle infielders. Hopefully the pitching staff can carry them until new position players step up.

Edited by tandem

• 4 weeks later...