Top 10 teams in Chattanooga Area for 2013 Season

Oop

If Walker Valley chose to sit out a tournament to have their players recover or whatever, then that is their choice. If I recall, the Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah tournaments have their lowest turn out in years according to the head coaches. I also checked out Walker Valley's schedule on here and they participated in the Franklin and Riverdale Tourneys, both of which were more competitive of tournaments than the ones around here this year. I do agree that the late pullout is unfortunate as I would have liked to have seen Walker Valley against some of the teams there today.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the coach new that grace was only an extra game that didn't count in pool play and wanted to get some of his younger players some experience. Maybe if the pitching was better the defense wouldn't have to work as hard. Maybe you don't know anything about TEAM ball. Maybe you need to stay home and leave the coaching to the coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right I don't know about coaching but I do understand about pride. A lot of these girls take pride in playing for the Meigs County Lady Tigers and all during the year play with girls from different schools. Then during school ball they play some of the girls they have played during the summer and they want to show what Meigs has. The one thing I need to know if you don't coach to win then can you ask the girls to play to win all the time. So the Grace game and the Marion co was a game that we should not try to win. Would you please mark the games on the schedule that we are not going to try and win? So those of us that don't know anything about TEAM ball can stay at the house. I think you for all your wisdom on the subject I am always trying to learn about the great game of softball. You are right the pitcher are very average pitcher and don't work enough for you. But I recall when your daughter played the pitching was average and you played defense and hit the ball and you won a lot of game. But the talent level was 100%+ more than the current team. I have always ask myself every time that I coached a team can I see my players improving and getting better by the end of the year then I have done my job. I really did not worry about wins and losses because if you out work everyone the wins and losses will take of their self. You answer me one question are the current girl being worked to their full potential.

You are right I don't know about coaching but I do understand about pride. A lot of these girls take pride in playing for the Meigs County Lady Tigers and all during the year play with girls from different schools. Then during school ball they play some of the girls they have played during the summer and they want to show what Meigs has. The one thing I need to know if you don't coach to win then can you ask the girls to play to win all the time. So the Grace game and the Marion co was a game that we should not try to win. Would you please mark the games on the schedule that we are not going to try and win? So those of us that don't know anything about TEAM ball can stay at the house. I think you for all your wisdom on the subject I am always trying to learn about the great game of softball. You are right the pitcher are very average pitcher and don't work enough for you. But I recall when your daughter played the pitching was average and you played defense and hit the ball and you won a lot of game. But the talent level was 100%+ more than the current team. I have always ask myself every time that I coached a team can I see my players improving and getting better by the end of the year then I have done my job. I really did not worry about wins and losses because if you out work everyone the wins and losses will take of their self. You answer me one question are the current girl being worked to their full potential.

It's not for me to judge how the team is being worked. I do know however, that when my daughter played, parents were not on coacht bashing the coach for his decisions. We may not have agreed with every decision, but we certainly never vented publicly. That's what made that team better. Parents and players put differences aside and came together as a team to accomplish the task at hand. More of you could learn from that. Oh yeah, that team also stuck together in the summer instead of moving to which ever team best suited "their need" thus keeping Meigs County pride at home year around instead of seasonal!! Correct me, as I'm certain you will, if I'm wrong, but is it more important to you to win every game in the season, or to work as a team to get better as a team to reach the ultimate goal of post season? I also find it humerous how you buddy up with the coach and then talk about him here as if he or anyone else would t know you lol!!

It's not for me to judge how the team is being worked. I do know however, that when my daughter played, parents were not on coacht bashing the coach for his decisions. We may not have agreed with every decision, but we certainly never vented publicly. That's what made that team better. Parents and players put differences aside and came together as a team to accomplish the task at hand. More of you could learn from that. Oh yeah, that team also stuck together in the summer instead of moving to which ever team best suited "their need" thus keeping Meigs County pride at home year around instead of seasonal!! Correct me, as I'm certain you will, if I'm wrong, but is it more important to you to win every game in the season, or to work as a team to get better as a team to reach the ultimate goal of post season? I also find it humerous how you buddy up with the coach and then talk about him here as if he or anyone else would t know you lol!!

You are right I never seen anyone post anything on CoachT but I did happen to hear several times people talking about the Coaches in Public but not to there faces. I think the Coach knows that we do agree on coaching styles and I have expressed my opinion to him several time.( The Coach knows who propel is because I told him) I have even expressed my opinions at time when I should have kept my mouth shut. I have a problem with making people mad. I am sorry if I have offened you with my opinion of the softball team but this whole thing started because some one taking about what was wrong with Meigs Co. I will take up for the girls any time I can. I may have not went about it the right way but you know how I am and how my passion for the game. I will end this thread for me saying if I have offended you I am sorry to you and the coach. The one thing you need to understand is when all the chips are down and you have not one to turn to I will have your and the coaches back. I hope I never lose the passion for the game I hope I just learn to control it. Oh by the way I love this game and you too.

You are right I never seen anyone post anything on CoachT but I did happen to hear several times people talking about the Coaches in Public but not to there faces. I think the Coach knows that we do agree on coaching styles and I have expressed my opinion to him several time.( The Coach knows who propel is because I told him) I have even expressed my opinions at time when I should have kept my mouth shut. I have a problem with making people mad. I am sorry if I have offened you with my opinion of the softball team but this whole thing started because some one taking about what was wrong with Meigs Co. I will take up for the girls any time I can. I may have not went about it the right way but you know how I am and how my passion for the game. I will end this thread for me saying if I have offended you I am sorry to you and the coach. The one thing you need to understand is when all the chips are down and you have not one to turn to I will have your and the coaches back. I hope I never lose the passion for the game I hope I just learn to control it. Oh by the way I love this game and you too.

I'm not offended. Only defending my opinion and the coach. It's all good and I look forward to our next hooters trip.

I've got a question about Walker Valley. They have a very impressive record. My question is what are there signature wins this season? Not trying to get anything started, just curios. Trying to get a feel for the Chattanooga teams heading into the post season.

I've got a question about Walker Valley. They have a very impressive record. My question is what are there signature wins this season? Not trying to get anything started, just curios. Trying to get a feel for the Chattanooga teams heading into the post season.

Walker Valley has a very potent offense (30 Home Runs), and a Division 1 pitcher in the circle. They have a few quality wins. However, they don't have a signature win yet. The best team they played this year was Ravenwood in the Franklin Tournament. That game went into extra innings tied 0-0, then Ravenwood rattled off three runs. The one thing that might hurt Walker is their defense. They can be lights out one game, and then error-prone the next.