Midseason report for Class A

archangel

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i were to set the AP top 10, which i know comes out very soon, this is how I would set it.

1. Jackson Co (14-2)

2. Union City (13-3)

3. Clarkrange (13-3)

4. Summertown (10-2)

5. North Greene (13-4)

6. Moore Co (15-3)

7. Hampton (13-4)

8. Clay Co. (10-5)

9. Houston Co (11-4)

10. Cosby (12-2)

Hon, Mention: Lake Co, Collinwood, Oliver Springs

I have not seen all these teams play, but I have seen most of them. This is how I would place them today, but things can always change.

Moore county girls are coming together, developing something they haven't had in years--

-DEPTH!!! They are playing very well right now and can play 8 to 10 girls if needed. They just knocked off the #1AA girls team in Alabama over Christmas. Look for them to mak a run this year

Sounds like my old high school classmate Coach Slatten has Moore Co. rolling!

Was Clay County's run last year a fluke? Could all 10 of these win State or will it be a two pony race, UC - JC? That is if they dont meet before the finals?

No sir, Clay Co was no fluke last year, they were VERY good. JC was just better for the most part of the season, they just got hot at the right time and had a great game plan in the finals and had a few things go their way. The score in the finals looks bad, but it was basically a 2 point game right before the end of the 3rd quarter. In the 4th it just fell apart for JC. Anyway, last year is in the past. Clay Co will have a hard time getting past JC or Clarkrange this year, but they are still a good team.

Edited by bob77