Div. II A Districts in 2013

orangecrush

The East/Middle districts have changed due to FC, BGA, and King's Academy coming in and other teams changed districts. East/Middle District 1 has DCA, Ezell-Harding, Friendship, King's Academy, MJCA, and Webb. East/Middle District 2 has BGA, Davidson, FRA, and Zion. Does anyone know if the West Districts are staying the same or have they changed too?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info. Thanks. Interesting that it's 6 and 4 team divisions. Why not 5 and 5?

Comments from November re: west districts. Still don't know if Lausanne plays a varsity schedule in 2013 or not.

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/227936-d2-a-new-districts/

I have no idea why it is not divided 5 and 5. Either Ezell or DCA should be in East/Middle District 2, but it will be how it is for at least the next 2 years.

I have no idea why it is not divided 5 and 5. Either Ezell or DCA should be in East/Middle District 2, but it will be how it is for at least the next 2 years.

It is my understanding that the 6-4 FB split has to do with a geographic region spilt - the other schools on that side do not have FB.

Edited by Bucksfan

Wonder how the playoffs will be calculated?

From my understanding, the regions have been matched up East/Middle District 1 v. West District 2 and East/Middle District 2 v. West District 1. I for one really like this format because the 2nd and 3rd place teams won't have to go through the 1st place team from their district. This is a big complaint of many teams in Division 1. For example, Friendship and Trousdale Co. would always have to go through each other just to get to the semifinals. This will prevent a District, which might have the 2 best teams in the state, from knocking each other off before the championship game. If USJ and St. George's are the 2 best teams, then they will meet in Cookeville. Edited by orangecrush

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know zip about Bishop Byrne but am interested to see with combining it with Memphis Catholic if they will b able to assemble a football team? Did BB play on their home field?

Bishop Byrne did play on their home field. It did the job. Catholic has a field but they haven't fielded a team in a few years. They did play 3 games a couple of years ago as, I guess, an independent. No idea if they plan on playing football or not or if they'll get the leftover BB students. Definitely sad to see it go. It was a nice private alternative for kids in Whitehaven. Obviously a catholic school still a good financial, private option for non-catholics, too.

Really disappointed to see SBEC lose that old rival especialy from the early DII days w/ 3 classes in football. The school and athletic programs will be missed. Hope that Catholic will thrive and pick up some of those kids. They've done some nice things especially with getting their HS kids into co-op type programs w/ Memphis area businesses parts of the week. Good businesses with exposure to professional jobs.