District 8AA

Tgoad

Just wondering what the problem at York is. They seem to have a lot of talent, very nice field, nice indoor facility, and a decent feeder program. I know the Goad kid, the wright boy, and the Roysden boy were excellent playrers when they were young. I know this is a tough district, but these kids should be very competitive. How many district games have they won since the woman coach took over the program? Does anyone see them being more competitive in the future? I heard the middle school team has a lot of talent. I would love to see this program reach its potential.

Not until major changes are made.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tgoad

Posted 10 hours ago

Just wondering what the problem at York is. They seem to have a lot of talent, very nice field, nice indoor facility, and a decent feeder program. I know the Goad kid, the wright boy, and the Roysden boy were excellent playrers when they were young. I know this is a tough district, but these kids should be very competitive. How many district games have they won since the woman coach took over the program? Does anyone see them being more competitive in the future? I heard the middle school team has a lot of talent. I would love to see this program reach its potential.

Heard 3 or 4 quit before season ended, 1 or 2 just went on to track or spring football, and rumors are flying of some are heading to the other end of the county. I think they have 4 district wins in 4 years now. Seems like the higher ups would be making some changes but then again the parents may not be voicing their concerns or maybe just not to the right people. That team had more overall talent that that program as had had in years and was still not able to compete, but hey, you play the way you practice, and well, their record should speak for itself on that.

The parents taht care have voiced their opinions to the athletic director. I know at least 4 are thinking about leaving 2 of them are 2 of the top 3 pitchers that they have. They may need to express their concers to the state since the people that run the school don't show any interest in the program.

Which boys are talking about going to the other high school in the county? I heard most of the middle school players were going there. Is this true? Wouldn't that make for a very strong single A team during the next few years? I think Clarkrange only lost 1 starter and had only 1 junior on the team. Combine all these things, and the boys could have one fine baseball team. Esp. in single A baseball. I am afraid the administration will do nothing at York. Baseball means no more to them than track, cross country, or golf. General Patton will be in command there until SHE decides to give it up or SHE runs out of players. Sad but true. Good luck to all the teams in the tournaments.

Actually harder to transfer there than anywhere else in Rutherford County. 1) You have to have the grades and get accepted and 2) because the entire county is the zone, you can't just move in the zone and play. If you played at another high school, TSSAA rules you would have to sit out a year until you're eligible.

Actually harder to transfer there than anywhere else in Rutherford County. 1) You have to have the grades and get accepted and 2) because the entire county is the zone, you can't just move in the zone and play. If you played at another high school, TSSAA rules you would have to sit out a year until you're eligible.

Alright, then you explain to me how the Norfleet kid is eligible when he played in the State Tournament last year for Riverdale? One calendar year would be the end of May.

Edited by Wrigley

Tgoad

Posted 10 hours ago

Heard 3 or 4 quit before season ended, 1 or 2 just went on to track or spring football, and rumors are flying of some are heading to the other end of the county. I think they have 4 district wins in 4 years now. Seems like the higher ups would be making some changes but then again the parents may not be voicing their concerns or maybe just not to the right people. That team had more overall talent that that program as had had in years and was still not able to compete, but hey, you play the way you practice, and well, their record should speak for itself on that.

It was stated earlier that york only practices an hour and a half, well this is not correct.They have practiced an hour and a half once and the rest of the year it has been 45min to hour. I understand the coach has other responsibilities but this is not fair to all those young men who play for her and have hopes and dreams of playing at the next level. This group of players have all been somewhat successful at the youth level, They have won county championships,played and won some district championships and played in some state tournaments as well,with one group of 14yr olds finishing 5th in the state last year.The talent is there and the players know that it takes A LOT of hard work and PRACTICE to be competitive at this level. Not a 45min or 1hr practice 3 to 4 days a week. A sophmore pitcher was thrown 150+ pitches a few weeks ago for absolutely no reason. The game was 3-1 in the middle of the 5th with york down. The kid was clearly tired but sent back out. With 5 other pitchers available and only one non distict game left in the week. He began struggling and they ran it up to about 8-1 and still no change in pitchers, kid was past 100 pitches by this time. A parent finally walks over and ask the coach if she knows how many this kid has thrown. she doesnt acknowledge the parent but one coach ask a player on the bench for a pitch count and they tell the coach 130 something and the parent leaves in disbelief.The game ends in 6, 11-1 with the pitcher never being pulled. He finishes the game with 150+ pitches being thrown. He had not pitched in 2wks so guess what the outcome was. yep u guessed it!!!!!!!

Good job to everyone that played in the tourney there was some goo games.

Rumor is York is getting a new coach next year. So if it is true maybe they will be able to compete. I watched the game where the kid pitched 150+ it was uncalled for. There was also a Junior that pitched 2 district games in 4 days and threw 100+ in both of those.