District 10A

d10baller

Any thoughts on the district or upcoming games? The district seems to have become extremely weaker this year. Houston Co and McEwen play today with East Robertson playing McEwen friday. At glance these are the games of the week. Houston County and McEwen still have games against Nashville Christian coming up with the last meeting with HC ended up going into over time and won over McEwen by two. White House Heritage and East Robertson also seem to be contenders in this district. Thoughts?

Houston County wins by 20+ and is in first place in the district. Nashville Christian also wins last night giving them sole possession of 2nd place with McEwen in third and White House Heritage in fourth. Will this be the way the district plays out?

That is very well possible. Houston County seems to have 1st place as a given, but when tournaments come anything can happen. NC may pull an upset against HC seeing as they have come the closest to beating them. McEwen missed a lot of free throws and outside shots weren't falling all night, very interested to see their next game against Houston County. East Robertson and WHH will probably fight for 4th place. I think the top three in tournaments could go either way but with HC favoring first. Could the tournaments end up being a repeat of last years seatings, will NC be taking MC's seat, or will NC lose it in the tournaments again? Should be interesting to say the least.

Edited by d10baller

It is possible.

*HC stands a good chance against Forrest or Community which are district 9a's current regular season 3/4 teams. After that I am unsure. HC is quick and has a good team from all 5 positions with a few good players that come off the bench, however I do not see them making it to state. Substate...possibly.

*McEwen has a three shooter and a post that can be a great duo if they both show up. Depending on the seatings, they could win their first game if they play well. After that district 9 has the better chances but anything can happen. Will be interesting if McEwen gets on a roll.

*Nashville Christian has a good team but they easily get themselves into foul trouble and usually rely on one player to put up the big points. They also lack a true post unlike Houston Co. and McEwen. Again, depending on the seatings it depends if NC can show up as well as if the other team is having an off night. If the other team has a good tall post, NC will have major issues stopping the inside.

The fourth place team probably will not advance past the first round. The 3rd place team will depend on who they play, because we all know how crazy the tournaments turn out. Does anybody know anything on district 9a?

As far as I know, yes regional is at Eagleville. I know Moore County lost their leading scorer with their post taking in most of the points now. Houston County did lose two seniors, but the starters and all that come off the bench are scorers and with their 6ft post this year added on to good/great players at the other 4 positions, they are a threat to not be dismissed. They beat Cascade last year but it does seem Cascade is doing better? However, I think HC has approved too except for ball handling. By the end of the season, it will be great to see all the teams compete.

Houston County by as much as they want

East Robertson by 20....depends on if they show up to play or not

White House Heritage by 10..Merrol Hyde has stepped it up a little this year but do not believe it be enough to pull out against WHH

Mc vs. NC either could win...the win should not be by more than 8 points, I expect it to be closer. MC has home court advantage so I will give them the benefit and say they pull it out. All truly depends on who shows up ready to play and fouls may take part in the outcome.