TWF TSSAA 2012-13 DI-DII WEEK 7 (1/7/13) Rankings Are In

trickk

Explain to me how, Byron Smith beats Austin Stevison yet neither move. Tre Delgato beats Austin Richards yet Delgato doesnt move up, BUT Lane Dickeson beats Kyle Lee and moves all the way to 4. Might i add that Lee also almost lost to Butler from Beech. These seem a little biased to me. Not to mention, Podany from Beech sits behind Reagan when he has beaten everyone, his only loss coming in OVERTIME to perhaps the best wrestler in state history. The current record holder for wins, Amos Mason. And if i am correct which i know i am, the last time they met, Podany won. The only reason a see for Reagan being 1 and Podany 2, is beause Reagan placed higher at state. Somethin kinda not a fair reason because they didnt wrestle the same people. Reagan is undefeated yes but who has he faced? Podany has faced much better competition and has just one loss in overtime to Mason. This is all a bit off and a little biased if u ask me

As much as i respect your right to believe that the rankings are biased, that doesn't make you correct in that assumption. In the examples mentioned, Dickeson has a 5-1 record. His loss being a defensive pin loss to Becci (Brentwood Ac) while he was ahead on points with 3.9 seconds remaining on the clock. Pair that with a win over then #4 ranked Lee, and he moves up the rankings. Please believe, if Becci were Division I, he would be ranked ahead of Dickeson, but he is not.

Richard has 3 losses (Langford (Walker Valley), Jefferson, Ga, and Delgado (Hendersonville)) on the year and has defeated all of those ranked below him. On the other hand, Delgado, while a VERY tough wrestler has reported losses to guys that are not ranked. Including a loss to Oakley (Creekwood). Richard was ranked much higher in previous rankings, but dropped this week after losing.

Also, with there being no posted Ryan results anywhere, i had to go off of my memory. And once you have had so many blows to the head as i have, coupled with getting older, it may not be so great. I appreciate the criticism, and i want to keep these rankings as legitimate as possible. If you don't agree with them, well, that makes it that much more entertaining.

Edited by Hamm

Also, in the case of Byron Smith. Byron last week had a very decisive win over the defending state champ and previous #1 guy. Stevison and Stevens have split this year. Insalaco has a win over Byron. Byron lost to Poole, and did not place at Soddy and Poole has lost twice to Bromley. As of Sunday, there was no Greenville Invitational results posted and I was not aware that Boatman had decended. So with all of that information, you really have to do the best that you can.

• Upvote 1

Podany has beaten a lot of quality wrestlers, which gets him to the number 2 slot, but until he defeats the #1 guy, the highest he can reach will be number 2. All this should be settled very soon. I believe they have 2 dates coming up this month where they will see one another.

As much as i respect your right to believe that the rankings are biased, that doesn't make you correct in that assumption. In the examples mentioned, Dickeson has a 5-1 record. His loss being a defensive pin loss to Becci (Brentwood Ac) while he was ahead on points with 3.9 seconds remaining on the clock. Pair that with a win over then #4 ranked Lee, and he moves up the rankings. Please believe, if Becci were Division I, he would be ranked ahead of Dickeson, but he is not.

Richard has 3 losses (Langford (Walker Valley), Jefferson, Ga, and Delgado (Hendersonville)) on the year and has defeated all of those ranked below him. On the other hand, Delgado, while a VERY tough wrestler has reported losses to guys that are not ranked. Including a loss to Oakley (Creekwood). Richard was ranked much higher in previous rankings, but dropped this week after losing.

Also, with there being no posted Ryan results anywhere, i had to go off of my memory. And once you have had so many blows to the head as i have, coupled with getting older, it may not be so great. I appreciate the criticism, and i want to keep these rankings as legitimate as possible. If you don't agree with them, well, that makes it that much more entertaining.

well maybe some of these kids were ranked to high to begin with. I guess we will see how it plays out in a few weeks. not sure how a kid with a 5-1 record is ranked higher then some other 106 guys that have a lot more matches under there belt.

And to take it one step further about the comment about the rankings don't change much from week to week. Lets examine the comment, a rankings system that doesn't change much would say to me it is pretty accurate with results coming in and those ranked wrestlers staying relatively the same with some minor movement. A ranking system that changes dramatically tends to scream inaccuracy.

I know Bray and I know he takes the same care and time to do rankings as Hamm and House, however if you ask 10 people to do rankings not one of them will be the same. With respect to everyone doing rankings its a difficult job, pains taking, and most of the time done without accurate information due to coaches not posting results.

Not to mention the most important thing, rankings don't guarantee a medal they are projections based on current given indicators with head to head matches and other determining factors. At the end of the day the TSSAA doesn't give out state medals for ANYONES rankings, those medals are earned through hard work and not conjecture.