Callie Hackett 8AA MVP

brutal

So explain to me why Smith County is home after round 1 of the district tournament Antwan. If this coach is so good how is this possible? The last time Coach Brown was in this district he won 4 state championships in a row! If I had a daughter that was a good ball player and lived remotely close to Gainesboro that's where she would play. Jim Brown sends more players to college on a scholarship than all the other coaches combined in the Upper Cumberland and they get a chance to play for a state championship almost every year. First round exit of the DISTRICT tournament is unacceptable to me but thats just me.

Coaches dont hit shots or play defense. I have never seen Coach Brown score a single point or get a single rebound. The man knows how to put players in the right positions but to say someone is not a good coach based on the outcome of a particular game is wrong. If that was the case, Coach Brown would not be considered a good coach because he lost the championship game last year. Do I think the team that beat them had the better coach? Heck no! I think Coach Brown is the best in the mid-state by far but on that night, the JCHS players were off for whatever reason just like SCHS. Kids have nights where all the coaching in the world cant buy you a bucket. Coach Brown is by far the top dog around these parts but it doesnt mean that Coach Smith is not good either though.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So explain to me why Smith County is home after round 1 of the district tournament Antwan. If this coach is so good how is this possible? The last time Coach Brown was in this district he won 4 state championships in a row! If I had a daughter that was a good ball player and lived remotely close to Gainesboro that's where she would play. Jim Brown sends more players to college on a scholarship than all the other coaches combined in the Upper Cumberland and they get a chance to play for a state championship almost every year. First round exit of the DISTRICT tournament is unacceptable to me but thats just me.

I think the newbie said it pretty well. YAI has a pretty good veteran basketball team capable of beating anyone on a given night. They are not Pickett or RBS...or even Clay or G'ville. Looks like JC didn't do so well against good teams this year. You split with LA...beat Macon by 2...split...so far with Clarkrange...and got absolutely plastered by a very good Ensworth. Do those teams have better coaches than Brown? By your logic...certainly Ensworth does. Actually...I don't think Brown is the best coach in his district...but that's just me. :D :grin:

Edited by Antwan

I think the newbie said it pretty well. YAI has a pretty good veteran basketball team capable of beating anyone on a given night. They are not Pickett or RBS...or even Clay or G'ville. Looks like JC didn't do so well against good teams this year. You split with LA...beat Macon by 2...split...so far with Clarkrange...and got absolutely plastered by a very good Ensworth. Do those teams have better coaches than Brown? By your logic...certainly Ensworth does. Actually...I don't think Brown is the best coach in his district...but that's just me. :D :grin:

Well now wait a minute here, you left off the fact that we beat LA by 23, beat Clarkrange by 32, beat the defending Class AA state champion CPA by 15, beat #22 in AAA Cookeville twice, beat #22 Gordonsville by 27 and beat #6 Ezell Harding and as you put it only beat the #2 ranked AA Macon County by 2 like that is a bad win???? Don't just show part of the picture Antwan show it all!!! Speaking of schedules i took the liberty to look at Smith County's and for the most part all you play outside of your district is Class A competition why is that? Why is Smith County not playing Macon or Jackson County? Why would you play RedBoiling and not Macon? Explain this kind of weak scheduling for us will you? Why not step up and play teams that can make you better?

At Jackson County we will play anyone, anywhere, anytime unfortunately most WILL NOT play us. The only reason RBS played us was because the new director made them because of the gate potential. Smith refuses to play us for obvious reasons, York will not play us they dropped us from their schedule, we've tried to schedule Cannon but with no luck, Dekalb won't play us, Cumberland won't play us so what do you suggest we do sir? We advertise for open dates and the only one that wanted to play us was some private school why is that Antwan?

Edited by devilfanatic

Coaches dont hit shots or play defense. I have never seen Coach Brown score a single point or get a single rebound. The man knows how to put players in the right positions but to say someone is not a good coach based on the outcome of a particular game is wrong. If that was the case, Coach Brown would not be considered a good coach because he lost the championship game last year. Do I think the team that beat them had the better coach? Heck no! I think Coach Brown is the best in the mid-state by far but on that night, the JCHS players were off for whatever reason just like SCHS. Kids have nights where all the coaching in the world cant buy you a bucket. Coach Brown is by far the top dog around these parts but it doesnt mean that Coach Smith is not good either though.

Remember what got this started newbie... Antwan said JayCee Coe would look good in black and gold and i stated a fact and that was it wouldn't do her any good as SC doesn't have a good enough coach to help her. When you have a talented 6'7 girl and all you can do in 4 years is win 1 region game, then you don't have a coach that can develop talent. Thats fact! Antwan you never did say why in those 4 years your coach was only able to win 1 (ONE) YES ONE region tournament game in those 4 years. I stated the Puckett girl would look good in blue and white and she would flourish under a coach like Jim Brown. Girls with that kind of talent under Brown get MAJOR D1 scholarships, at Smith Co. she will be lucky to get Cumberland or Tech to look at her. Another true statement. Any questions?

Remember what got this started newbie... Antwan said JayCee Coe would look good in black and gold and i stated a fact and that was it wouldn't do her any good as SC doesn't have a good enough coach to help her. When you have a talented 6'7 girl and all you can do in 4 years is win 1 region game, then you don't have a coach that can develop talent. Thats fact! Antwan you never did say why in those 4 years your coach was only able to win 1 (ONE) YES ONE region tournament game in those 4 years. I stated the Puckett girl would look good in blue and white and she would flourish under a coach like Jim Brown. Girls with that kind of talent under Brown get MAJOR D1 scholarships, at Smith Co. she will be lucky to get Cumberland or Tech to look at her. Another true statement. Any questions?

Coe = Kentucky

Leonard = MTSU

Davidson = UNC-Greensboro or UNC Charlotte?

I grant you that UK is top notch. Mtsu is coming up but has never made too much big time noise. Other than that I cant think of anyone that went to a major D1 school in the Coach Brown years. Did I miss someone?

Coe = Kentucky

Leonard = MTSU

I grant you that UK is top notch. Mtsu is coming up but has never made too much big time noise. Other than that I cant think of anyone that went to a major D1 school in the Coach Brown years. Did I miss someone?

How many do you have from Smith County?

Coe = Kentucky

Leonard = MTSU

Ofcourse you have, there were a number of players off of the 4 STRAIGHT AA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS that went on to get a free college education. 7A Watcher would probably have that info i will find out tonight at the game and get back to you but here is a couple off the top of my head.

Warden=MTSU

Hensley= Tenn Tech

Notice i said "with that kind of talent" as in the kind Puckett has. Coach Brown does more with less talent than anyone around. Not all kids have the kind of rare talent that this girl does and thats what i meant when i said MAJOR D1 scholarships. This would not include every kid that came through your program. Make sure you read the post correctly.

Puckett? Who's that? Brown has sent really one girl to an sec school. I would call MTSU a good mid major school and she played the majority of her career at rbs. That's about it as the newbie said. Ferris signed with Vandy. So...your logic does not hold water again. No questions.

Ofcourse you have, there were a number of players off of the 4 STRAIGHT AA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS that went on to get a free college education. 7A Watcher would probably have that info i will find out tonight at the game and get back to you but here is a couple off the top of my head.

Warden=MTSU

Hensley= Tenn Tech

Notice i said "with that kind of talent" as in the kind Puckett has. Coach Brown does more with less talent than anyone around. Not all kids have the kind of rare talent that this girl does and thats what i meant when i said MAJOR D1 scholarships. This would not include every kid that came through your program. Make sure you read the post correctly.

Forgot about Hensley...still DI...but barely.

Well now wait a minute here, you left off the fact that we beat LA by 23, beat Clarkrange by 32, beat the defending Class AA state champion CPA by 15, beat #22 in AAA Cookeville twice, beat #22 Gordonsville by 27 and beat #6 Ezell Harding and as you put it only beat the #2 ranked AA Macon County by 2 like that is a bad win???? Don't just show part of the picture Antwan show it all!!! Speaking of schedules i took the liberty to look at Smith County's and for the most part all you play outside of your district is Class A competition why is that? Why is Smith County not playing Macon or Jackson County? Why would you play RedBoiling and not Macon? Explain this kind of weak scheduling for us will you? Why not step up and play teams that can make you better?

At Jackson County we will play anyone, anywhere, anytime unfortunately most WILL NOT play us. The only reason RBS played us was because the new director made them because of the gate potential. Smith refuses to play us for obvious reasons, York will not play us they dropped us from their schedule, we've tried to schedule Cannon but with no luck, Dekalb won't play us, Cumberland won't play us so what do you suggest we do sir? We advertise for open dates and the only one that wanted to play us was some private school why is that Antwan?

Maybe you should ask yourself why these teams won't play you. It doesn't look like they are afraid to play other teams as good as you.

Maybe you should ask yourself why these teams won't play you. It doesn't look like they are afraid to play other teams as good as you.

Really? Like who? Smith only plays LA, Cannon and Upperman because they have to. Its obvious by looking at their schedule that they are not going to schedule anyone that can give them a game. As for why they won't play us, you and i and everyone else knows why they won't play us. Because year in and year out it will be a loss on the schedule and the record at the end of the day won't look so good to the school board. There is no mystery there brother.

Edited by devilfanatic

No...actually this got started by you trying to recruit Callie to JC.