AP Poll Out of Touch..7A should be #1 & #2

bobcatfan300

No disrespect to the new #1 and #2 teams, but Clarkrange and Jackson Co. should be #1 & #2.

7A has dominated for many years and last year both schools from 7A were in the finals (Jackson Co vs Clay Co...who won it). Clay Co should be in the poll as well. Most 7A losses are from within the district or to other Upper Cumberland powers such as Livingston, Cannon Co, York or Upperman, White Co, or Cookeville.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect Bobcat,but UC has given the numbe 3 team in AA in Martin Westview,their only 2 losses.They have 3 losses to AAA Munford by 1 in OT,MHEA by 2,and Ensworth by 4.The same Ensworth that beat Jackson Co by about 30.These rankings dont mean anything.To me,they are a joke.I saw on another website for boys were the person gave his ballott for boys and he didnt vote UC boys in his top 10 because he havent seen them play.It will all work its way out when tournaments start.

Most of the people that vote dont have a clue as to who the best teams are and these polls dont mean a thing in the grand scheme of things. West Tn folks will always make an arguement for their teams as will middle and east tn folks. The bottom line is district 7A has won the last 4 gold balls with 2 silvers to go with them and for me that says it all. 7A is to Class A basketball in Tennessee as the SEC is to college football. Its not if we are going to play for the championship but which team in 7A is and some years 2 teams will play eachother to decide it. Which could be the case again this year. No disrespect to UC but until you beat a Jackson County or a Clarkrange when it counts you'll just be another Notre Dame in the end. Y'all have a nice day :)

No disrespect Bobcat,but UC has given the numbe 3 team in AA in Martin Westview,their only 2 losses.They have 3 losses to AAA Munford by 1 in OT,MHEA by 2,and Ensworth by 4.The same Ensworth that beat Jackson Co by about 30.These rankings dont mean anything.To me,they are a joke.I saw on another website for boys were the person gave his ballott for boys and he didnt vote UC boys in his top 10 because he havent seen them play.It will all work its way out when tournaments start.

Here we go, comparing scores again, you really need a new argument.

Most of the people that vote dont have a clue as to who the best teams are and these polls dont mean a thing in the grand scheme of things. West Tn folks will always make an arguement for their teams as will middle and east tn folks. The bottom line is district 7A has won the last 4 gold balls with 2 silvers to go with them and for me that says it all. 7A is to Class A basketball in Tennessee as the SEC is to college football. Its not if we are going to play for the championship but which team in 7A is and some years 2 teams will play eachother to decide it. Which could be the case again this year. No disrespect to UC but until you beat a Jackson County or a Clarkrange when it counts you'll just be another Notre Dame in the end. Y'all have a nice day :)

7A didn't win it in 2011 devil, but since JC dropped down to Class A after 2005, there has been at least one 7a team in the finals every year but two (2007, 2011). With a all 7A finals twice (2008, 2012).

Edited by bob77

It doesn't matter who is number 1 now. All that matter is who is holding the gold ball in March. It might be Jackson Co,Clarkrange,UC,or somebody else.Someone pointed out that Clarkrange should be 1 and Jackson Co 2.Jackson Co was 1 and they lost.So that opened the door for UC to be number 1.Its just rankings that probably dont even have really the best 10.Like i said,it only matters who is holding the gold ball.

7A didn't win it in 2011 devil, but since JC dropped down to Class A after 2005, there has been at least one 7a team in the finals every year but two (2007, 2011). With a all 7A finals twice (2008, 2012).

Yes youre right Bob my bad we've won 4 out of the last 5 Gold balls along with 4 Silver balls since 2006.

Edited by devilfanatic

Just remember one of those 7a teams was lucky to be in the finals last year-an 0-eight minute scoring drought and they won by 1 pt in overtime on a missed lay up at the buzzer.....just saying........and I must agree that these polls are out of touch.....you dont jump 4 teams that did not lose on the basis of 1 win.....Also keep in mind that there is one team out there that has not lost a game to a tennessee opponant

Just remember one of those 7a teams was lucky to be in the finals last year-an 0-eight minute scoring drought and they won by 1 pt in overtime on a missed lay up at the buzzer.....just saying........and I must agree that these polls are out of touch.....you dont jump 4 teams that did not lose on the basis of 1 win.....Also keep in mind that there is one team out there that has not lost a game to a tennessee opponant

Ok....never mind. 7a is just lucky, not good.

Whats the bottom line Chris? Who WON the game? I say your team was lucky to even be there! How about that? As far as not losing a game to a team from Tennessee well it sounds like your team needs to actually play SOMEONE! We see teams like yours every year at the tournament. 31-1 33-2 erc etc etc. You know what else they have in common? They ALWAYS lose to a team from 7A. See you in March. :)