AP Poll Out of Touch..7A should be #1 & #2

bobcatfan300

Just remember one of those 7a teams was lucky to be in the finals last year-an 0-eight minute scoring drought and they won by 1 pt in overtime on a missed lay up at the buzzer.....just saying........and I must agree that these polls are out of touch.....you dont jump 4 teams that did not lose on the basis of 1 win.....Also keep in mind that there is one team out there that has not lost a game to a tennessee opponant

Well I guess that S-Town was lucking just to be in the semi's since you had to beat Lake Co. in OT........you really wanna play that game?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that S-Town was lucking just to be in the semi's since you had to beat Lake Co. in OT........you really wanna play that game?

Sure do! District 7A is by far and away the best Class A district in state. They have proven this time and again where and when it counts and that is in Murfreesboro at the glass house. More Gold and Silver than ANY other district and maybe all the others combined!

Union City can not compete with Clark Range or Jackson County, they would be embarrassed. One huge difference is both 7A teams have great coaches. Also you cannot lose your best player like Union City did and not expect a huge dropoff.

Union City is the best team in 14A but 14A is way way down this year.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

If you're talking about C-Range, their loss tonight was to one of the powerhouses mentioned in the very first post: Livingston Academy.

JC, LA, CR, and many times Upperman beat up on each other all year long and it pays off in March. You want to see some real "teams from Tennessee" schedule a couple of these teams other regular season. Am I saying that your team played cupcakes? No. But the teams I mentioned run a GAUNTLET in the regular season. No one can deny that.

Didnt say all that....what I said is your state champs were not that much better than everyone else as you so claim.....btw, watch who moves up to 3 this week.....nice way to follow up a win over JC with a loss....just saying

I could careless if you moved to #1. What does that win you? I bet youre one of those people that actually count games you win in summer camp arent you???? Notre Dame was the "consensus" number 1 in the voting polls and what did that win them? Keep on playing those cupcake schedules and see how you come out when you play a real team!

Union City can not compete with Clark Range or Jackson County, they would be embarrassed. One huge difference is both 7A teams have great coaches. Also you cannot lose your best player like Union City did and not expect a huge dropoff.

Union City is the best team in 14A but 14A is way way down this year.

Well, greenfieldfan, you are spot on once again and I couldn't agree more. I especially agree with the obvious appropriateness of your use of the word "embarassed." I know that I, as a long time union city fan (though admittedly, mostly for the boys team in the past) would be extremely "embarrassed" by our girls pitiful showing if they were to be lucky enough to face one of those teams. How horrible it would be if this team could once again find itself fortunate enough to play in a state tournament, what with its attempts to overcome injury (one most teams would have rolled over and played dead after) and years upon years of (bad) history and the fact that nobody wants to see them succeed anyway. These girls "embarrass" me every time they overcome a new obstacle. And for the record, nobody in UC is putting these girls in Murfreesboro, but I and many others are enjoying this "embarrassing" team on a weekly basis.

As for our coaches, well, I heard they had open tryouts a few years ago and, just like our "embarrassed" kids, they were the best who showed up so, thinking it was the right thing to do, we went ahead and put them on the team anyway.

I know, but this group should be praised for what they are doing, and I'm not even talking about winning. They work hard, play together, and don't make excuses. I just don't see many of the other fans bashing teams, more supporting their own. I like beating other teams, but not bashing them. High school sports should be a positive experience for fans, but more so for the kids who play. I'll support UC over anybody, and then 14a over anybody else...win or lose.