CBHS Football coach steps down

kwc

Scott Vogel takes the reins at CBHS by John Varlas of the Commercial Appeal sure caught me off gaurd. I never expected a MUS grad to ever be the HC at CBHS. It just seems unnatural ... LOL :roflol: . Oh well, I'm sure he will do a very good job. I wonder how he will feel the first time he faces his high school alma mater? Edited by kwc

Scott Vogel takes the reins at CBHS by John Varlas of the Commercial Appeal sure caught me off gaurd. I never expected a MUS grad to ever be the HC at CBHS. It just seems unnatural ... LOL :roflol: . Oh well, I'm sure he will do a very good job. I wonder how he will feel the first time he faces his high school alma mater?

Best wishes to Coach Vogel! Plenty of coaches in D2 face their alma mater on a regular basis - doesn't seem to phase them and I doubt it will bother Vogel.

I have always seen CBHS as a "sleeping giant" in D2 football - with over 800 boys and what appears to be plenty of school pride, I have been surprised that they have not fielded better teams of late. Can the new staff unlock this school's football potential? I look forward to watching!

• 2 months later...

Interesting to see Locastro come out of "retirement" so soon. Guess he had that quality time with his family he wanted and then he was ready to hit it again....Is Lausanne trying to recreate the Ensworth monolith?...Can Ken Netherland be Ricky Bowers Part Deaux? Ensworth has the Frist empire backing them...Who are the the Bigs at Lausanne? Do they have a fleet of little buses ready to scurry around Shelby county picking up the top prospects?

I saw on John Varlas twitter tonight that Kevin is indeed helping out at Lausanne now . I really like Kevin personality as a person and a head coach but he stepped down at CBHS to spend more time with family I thought. So I am shocked to see him back on the football field in a way. I wish him the best. Confused.

I don't understand your confusion - surely you can see the huge time and commitment difference between being a head coach in D2-AA and an assistant in D2-A? Congrats and good luck to Coach Locastro.

I don't understand your confusion - surely you can see the huge time and commitment difference between being a head coach in D2-AA and an assistant in D2-A? Congrats and good luck to Coach Locastro.

So what is the commitment difference between D2AA and D2A? You are being paid to win in both divisions and in D2A you probably have fewer assistant coaches so it could take even more prep time the week before a game.

So what is the commitment difference between D2AA and D2A? You are being paid to win in both divisions and in D2A you probably have fewer assistant coaches so it could take even more prep time the week before a game.

I did not distinguish solely between the different divisions: Lacastro is also transitioning from a head coach in D2-AA to an assistant coach in D2-A. Some of the differences:

1. Administrative Duties: Huge difference between the responsibilities of a head coach as compared to an assistant;

2. Sheer Numbers: CBHS had A LOT of players - Lacastro had some responsibility for each and every one of them, both on- and off-field; Lausanne, not nearly as many; and

3. Expectations/Pressure: No comparison between an established D2-AA school and a first-year program in D2-A.

Edited by RedRobin