Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

Well to add my 2 cents I've seen SC play a few times and I think there a ok team to be in there area there in..For the past few years the thing that killed SC is speed "Fairview & PC" I think I would be good for SC to scrimmage and play 1 or 2 Hard nose teams..I know they would have to travel a Hour or So to find somebody but it would be good in the long run..And another thing I never understood why the RB don't play both ways...He would be a good LB..When you don't have that many Athletes to pic and choose from you have to keep the ones u do have on the field!

Guest Termite

Well to add my 2 cents I've seen SC play a few times and I think there a ok team to be in there area there in..For the past few years the thing that killed SC is speed "Fairview & PC" I think I would be good for SC to scrimmage and play 1 or 2 Hard nose teams..I know they would have to travel a Hour or So to find somebody but it would be good in the long run..And another thing I never understood why the RB don't play both ways...He would be a good LB..When you don't have that many Athletes to pic and choose from you have to keep the ones u do have on the field!

Come on 26, ......" the thing that killed SC is speed" then say play 1-2 "hard nose teams". That's two different animals. SC can play hard nose ball year in and year out. But speed is like height .....you either got it, or you don't. You adjust and prepare as best you can to off set speed. Work on angles, schemes, ball control and the likes. Taking a work mule to a bunch of races won't get them ready for the Kentucky derby. I do agree you put the best 11 on the field, but maybe the coaches know the best 11, or the 11 that give them the best chance based on what they see everyday.

This has got to be the most stupid post I have seen! Alcoa, the BEST 3A team in the state year in and year out, Gordonsville, STATE CHAMPS, Cookeville - Giles County beat them a couple years ago, their QB is the starter for Ole Miss, shows you know so little about high school football. Giles County has one of the best programs in the state, just ask any team that plays them. Yes, Warrren is the lone weak team. I ask you again, what team do you support? I asked you once and you never identified yourself with a local team.

Like I said before.......live in Rickman so i support LA, but also have good freinds from work with kids at deAkalb and Upperman and I support and follow them to. I have lived here since 2001. And your post made my point for me. Does Carthage have a qb going to theSEC or a team like Giles? No. Do I think they can beat Cookeville? No. abd fact, CAK has won the district last two years, not Alcoa. Gordonsville is a great program for 1a........but could you ever even think of teams like CAK, Giles, or Knox Fulton bragging how tuff a 1a team they have on the schedule?

Lol, I have definitely noticed Basil is a major troll, but couldn't resist pointing this out. Macon plays three teams out of SC's district that is so horrible.

Lost to Smith 0-49.

Lost to DeKalb 7-45.

Lost to Livingston 7-38.

These were all with back ups getting alot of time. Yeah we have our down years like most public schools, but I don't think there's room to say much from a Macon fan.

Come on now....it works both ways. I think Macon was only 5-5 in 2010 when they beat LA, Smith, and slammed Dekalb 56-14. Every public shcol has its ups and downs.

Yep. The year DeKalb went 3-7. The only season since 08 they didn't have atleast 7 wins. Macon has been slammed by Smith and DeKalb every year except that one since this district has came back together. I agree they have ups and downs. My point was a Macon fan trashing our district when their own team hasn't faired well at all over the last 4 years against teams from it.

It was satterfild who couldn't take us beating TC 2 years before by a total of 75 to 0. Back to back shutouts.Then he gets up on us and acts like a little bully.You know how a bully works.If you kick his butt he shuts up but when he thinks he up he is a drama king.

HAHA yalls feeling stil hurt after we blanked yall. Night chickens to da BONE. Scared yall get smoked again. B)

Edited by oldchsman

Creasy is fine he is not the one who cused our kids.

Good luck to the Smith County Owls with their search for a new coach.Unlike some on these boards, I have nothing but respect and praise for your community and football program.Is it true that Smith County will offer Creasey from Trousdale the job? He would be a great catch if Smith can lure him away.

Seems like Creasy has been brought up at several openings. Most he probably hasn't applied for. Who knows what will happen at Smith. I know Coach Maynord did a great job there and now has taken a job close to home. The Smith program is a strong program that will hire a quality coach and will expect nothing but success. Good luck to the owls.

Like I said before.......live in Rickman so i support LA, but also have good freinds from work with kids at deAkalb and Upperman and I support and follow them to. I have lived here since 2001. And your post made my point for me. Does Carthage have a qb going to theSEC or a team like Giles? No. Do I think they can beat Cookeville? No. abd fact, CAK has won the district last two years, not Alcoa. Gordonsville is a great program for 1a........but could you ever even think of teams like CAK, Giles, or Knox Fulton bragging how tuff a 1a team they have on the schedule?

You are so wrong about CAK and Alcoa. They played in Week 10 at Goddard Field and Alcoa won the final score was 31-28 Alcoa...so that made them district champs, and then CAK won the quarterfinal matchup. Go ahead and look it up I am right and rarely ever wrong!!! You obviously think you know, but you don't cause you are way wrong.

I would like to thank Jimmy Maynord for all the hard work he has put in to the Smith County program while he was here. He made tremendous improvements to the program and brought it back to the level when Rankin was here. I agree with his statement that he has taken the program as high and far as he could. I wish him much success at Cookeville.