Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

Good greif, their heads are big enough over there in Carthage why did you have to go and say this kind of stuff Rocking Chair? Laying all bull aside, Maynord will be a hard act to follow with what he's done over there. He came from a 5A school that won championships(Riverdale). I feel this really gives a coach in a smaller school a huge advantage. He came in looking to play one way football. I'm speaking of the opposite of iron man football. From what Ive seen in my days of watching football, its hard to go away from riding your best horse in the ground. Sometimes it takes knowing how to distribute the players you have and keep them rested. He also was pretty good about making adjustments. I do respect what Smith Co. has done with their football program. Its came along way since the thrashing we gave them back in the day.

The sky is falling, pigs are flying, and it is freezing down below - Postie gave Smith County a compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postie is a closet SC fan. I hope he just stays in the closet.

Good one Glover. Postman as well everyone in the area knows what kind of program SC has had thru the yrs. He about like everyone else just trying to get a rise from you guys. Which is what makes this site fun. The bickering from yr to yr has been funny as .... looking forward to football already.

Jimmy Maynord has raised the bar even higher during his tenure. imallin said it best though...SC football has gone about as high as it can go with their on kids. In order to take it to the next level combining with Gordonsville or going private is about the only option. And who wants that...Gordonsville and SC is the best game in town and has been for many moons. The Private issue is worse .....I know I wouldnt want to win watching kids from all over the state coming here. SC has one of the best programs in the state bar none.for their size. Who knows someday a kid may come along a once and a lifetime player like Cates was at LA and will win the big one for u guys. I know I have watched some dandy games at SC thru the yrs. The 04 game against Fulton will always stand out to me. The Owls was in it till the end of the 3rd and a incomplete pass at the goal line on 4th down took the wind out of their sails.

Just hope that you all can find a good fit for your kids. Postman good luck to your Eagles they had a pretty good yr just didnt have the Athletes to compete ( just like everyone else in the area) when you got deep into the bracket.

Still like Steve Robbins to direct the Owls until you guys can get you a homey like the RB that played for SC that coaches at Alcoa Hackett or Tackett cant rem his name. He is learning from one of the best in Rankin.

He said greatness! Told you he was a closet fan.

He said greatness! Told you he was a closet fan.

Thanks for correcting me Glover, even you know greatness isnt the word. I probably should have said consistency cause you know getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round would definitely not qualify for greatness.

Thanks for correcting me Glover, even you know greatness isnt the word. I probably should have said consistency cause you know getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round would definitely not qualify for greatness.

So...I guess getting boat raced in the 2nd round does.

All joking aside Postie, what kind of team will Westy have next year?

Thats a good question. We lost some key players. Lane Troutt was one of the best defensive players we've ever had up there at linebacker. He broke the all time leading solo tackle award previously held by yours truly. A 17 year old record. So he will definitely be missed due to all his leadership and experience. He was also a good running back and reciever. Hodge was also a game changer last season. He was a threat to take it 100 yards if need be everytime he touched the ball. We also lost a good fullback in Steven Johnson who could get you the tough yards plus had some break away speed. In the middle of our defense we lost the nose guard who was a great run stopper in J.C. Fitts. We lost some size on our offensive line in Kemper and Marcus Troutt. Last but not least we lost our senior wide out who made some huge plays in clutch situations his name was Wyatt Carter. However, we return players who pretty much shared time with all those guys equally. Like Ward at wing back, Patrick French at Fullback. We also have our starting QB back that was only a sophmore last year. We also have a dynamic player that ran a 99 yard kickoff return against York in the playoffs last season named D.J. Smith. He could play a huge roll next season in how good our record turns out. I think our offensive line can be better than it was last season. All in All its hard to answer your question as to next year but I think we can be as good or better than last year. Just depends on the work ethic in the off season this year. I really think our passing game will play an important roll in our success next season. We will have many capable receivers in my opinion. Edited by Mr. Postman1

So...I guess getting boat raced in the 2nd round does.

I'd say you would have loved to have just gotten to the second round last season Antwitt. Matter fact getting boat raced in the playoffs never stopped you from boasting you got a little further than your competition. I'll make a bet with you. I say you'll get boat raced the first game of the year next season and start out 0-1.

I'd say you would have loved to have just gotten to the second round last season Antwitt. Matter fact getting boat raced in the playoffs never stopped you from boasting you got a little further than your competition. I'll make a bet with you. I say you'll get boat raced the first game of the year next season and start out 0-1.

Wow...you are so prophetic. Who do you open with? Poteland? Heck...you might just get boat raced by them. We haven't been boat raced like you did except for one time in the last 10 or so. That was by Pearl Cohn a couple of years ago...the year before we shut them out.