Middle School Girls Basketball teams in East TN

bballfuture

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The area tournament is this week so they will have to get thru that first. I should be able to make it to watch them this week a couple of times so i will keep you up to date with how they do. If you can keep me up to date with Catons Chapel this week also. And im not sure of when the sectional is but i believe it will start this coming saturday and end the weekend of the 9th.

It's kind on the line of East Tennessee / Middle Tennessee, but York Middle School out of Fentress Co. (Jamestown) is one of the best teams I've seen - very quick, strong guard and big post players including a 6'1" girl who dominates - three girls on this team played for TN Flight out of Knoxville that have won the last two AAU D1 National Championship in 6th grade and last year in 7th grade. Other strong team is South Cumberland Middle out of Crossville, only two loses this year are are to York, once by 3 and the other by 11 this past Saturday in the James C Haile state tournament playing without their starting point guard (knee). South has played and defeated all teams played in the Knoxville / Maryville area over the past few months including winning Farragut's Christmas tournament in December.

Edited by Tenntwin

I went to the Gray girls game tonight. It was quarterfinal game of their area tournament. This may not be the exact final score but I believe it was 67-26 with what looked like their starters on the bench for the 4th qtr. They play semis tomorrow night and I will update again if i make it to the game or get a score update after the game.

Well, after i pumped York's girls up in the previous post, they got beat by University School of Jackson in the semi's of the James C Haile State Tournament in Murfreesboro Tuesday night. I don't think they took USJ serious and were in cruise control after beating South Cumberland in the quarters. York still one of the most talented and BIG teams in the area, but not their night on Tuesday in Murfreesboro. USJ does have a major player in #25, not sure of her name - but a player!