8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

District MVP - Hard to say. Lots of players stepping up. Atnip or Fullilove at DeKalb. Livingston has a player whose name escapes my mind at the moment. A little early to answer this one.

Four Teams to advance - DeKalb, Livingston, Upperman, Cannon

Coach of the Year - May be too early to answer this as well. I usually like to think of coach of the year as one who had a turn around season, but that hasn't seemed to happen this year. I am admittedly biased toward DeKalb, but they are getting it done (knock on wood) so I'll throw Coach Martin out there in the discussion.

Sleeper Pick - Not sure. Not bashing teams, but lately it seems there's a bit of a drop off after you get past Upperman in the district.

District Team Champ - DeKalb

I think the District MVP discussion will come a little closer to being decided tonight.

MVP: Atnip, Fullilove, Ramsey, or McCoin

Advancing teams: DC, LA, UHS, and CC

CoY: Martin, Miller, or McWilliams. I'm leaning towards Miller just for the simple fact that he lost the most players from last season.

Sleeper: Definitely Smith. If Carr, Huff, and J. Craighead are all hot, they can give teams problems. Props to York also, though. I just picked Smith because I feel that Craighead still hasn't reached 100 percent yet.

District Tourney: Going to make a very odd prediction here: the LOSER of tonight's game between DC and LA will win the district tourney.

Edited by dctiger

Dont count out Case or Jones from Upperman for POY.

Still alot of games to go.

Advancing teams, all the top 3 will go. Either Smith, Cannon or York will be last team to advance.

DCtiger. If i pick one COY, I like our own coach. Molander missed a couple district games and Howell missed 4 and the way we stay in foul trouble and win blows my mind. Upperman how did we win. Just my

thoughts and opinions. Who did LA lose from last year. Didnt watch as much last year.

District tournament will be great. Good luck to all.

No disrespect meant, but I'm standing next to my prediction that MVP will come from LA or DC.

They lost Logan Ramsey, District MVP, Reeder, and Beaty just off the top of my head. All three starters.

I would also like to see Coach Martin win CoY, but I just think people are going to say "Oh, well, they brought their whole team back. They SHOULD be good." Instead of looking at the preserverance the team has had to show while playing shorthanded.

Even though LA still had McCoin and Ramsey with significant playtime last year, they still lost more pieces.

I really look for Smith to make some noise by the end of the season.

I was thinking Smith was looking like they'd make some noise as well, but then Friday night happened. I don't know if we are just really playing some good ball right now or what, but that Smith team wasn't nearly as impressive as I expected at this point in the season.

As for Martin getting CoY. I totally get where you're coming from with the whole team coming back, but still. He has been having great seasons consistently and this year IMO has done a great job with the player rotation. We have so much depth after not having two players for so long that now, after they are back we switch in and out without missing a step and he does a great job of it.

I look forward to tonight, especially seeing Atnip and Ramsey.

MVP: Atnip, Fullilove, Ramsey, Eldridge, McCoin or Jones

4 Teams: DC, LA, Upp and Cannon

COY: DC, LA or Upp coach

Sleeper: York

Dist Champs: Hopefully DC

These are all great kids and players you have named as MVP candidates. Take any of them off their team and how successful would their team be? I will admit that I'm bias but: Take Ramsey off the LA team and they would be, not much more, than very competitive. Unless LA falls flat of their face, during the post season, Ramsey deserves the MVP award!

These are all great kids and players you have named as MVP candidates. Take any of them off their team and how successful would their team be? I will admit that I'm bias but: Take Ramsey off the LA team and they would be, not much more, than very competitive. Unless LA falls flat of their face, during the post season, Ramsey deserves the MVP award!

I agree that his impact and numbers cannot be ignored. But I think that LA will need a share of the regular season title for him to get it. (Hence why I said the race may be clarified more after tonight's game.)

Most people on here seems to agree for the most part. LA, Dekalb, Upperman, Cannon top 4. I think Smith co is sleeper. Alot of debate surrounds coach/player of the year. Since none of the coaches have done a 180 then I think it goes to district champs. Player of the year should probably go the same way unless one player is putting up 35pt a night. Though I feel Mason Ramsey is the best player in the district hands down, win or loose! Any given night Mccoin can still the show also. Just dont want this co coach/player of the year crap like we've done in the past. Tonight's game will probably shed alot of light. The district mvp has to show up big tonight! No disrespect to Case or Jones, they still have time to make a case for themselves.

DeKalb won 78-71. No disrespect, Ramsey is good, but did not show that he was the best in the district tonight. He made some open threes, but Atnip seemed to dominate down low. DeKalb didn't use the whole bench tonight, and a few of those players have had many double digit games. LA is good, but I think this is DC's year. As stated above, if you stop Ramsey, LA struggles. Maybe it was just one of those games, but I don't think McCoin or Eldridge are in the MVP talk.