Miss Basketball Thread for 2012-13

CoachT

Raby is a good player no doubt but the reason she leads Class A in scoring is the cupcake schedule Moore County plays. I didnt see one good team on their entire schedule. Coe and Hensley would average 30 a game against competition that weak.

Like the old country saying about a frog and wings... If a frog had wings, it would not bump it's butt when it hopped.

Why do you always put someone else down to try and support your players or team? You do not know if anyone would average anything because they don't play. Especially on this thread. Voters and others will see your negative comments and could hold that against the two girls. I am pretty sure Coach asked us to promote our choices, not critizise others.

Raby is a good player no doubt but the reason she leads Class A in scoring is the cupcake schedule Moore County plays. I didnt see one good team on their entire schedule. Coe and Hensley would average 30 a game against competition that weak.

Have you really looked at the schedule? Page is #11 in AA, Lincoln County is a 17-6 in AAA, Summertown is top 10 in A, Harlan County is a 1500 student school in Kentucky and is 21-2, North Sand Mountain is #4 in Alabama 2A. I'm not so sure those teams would be considered "cupcakes"

Have you really looked at the schedule? Page is #11 in AA, Lincoln County is a 17-6 in AAA, Summertown is top 10 in A, Harlan County is a 1500 student school in Kentucky and is 21-2, North Sand Mountain is #4 in Alabama 2A. I'm not so sure those teams would be considered "cupcakes"

He just likes getting people stirred up sometimes. I have seen her play, and she is very good. (That was her freshman year though when we played them in the state finals.). I'm sure she is even much better.

Like the old country saying about a frog and wings... If a frog had wings, it would not bump it's butt when it hopped.

Why do you always put someone else down to try and support your players or team? You do not know if anyone would average anything because they don't play. Especially on this thread. Voters and others will see your negative comments and could hold that against the two girls. I am pretty sure Coach asked us to promote our choices, not critizise others.

Let me go on record to say that I was NOT in any way trying to discredit this young lady in any way. She is a very good player and any team would be lucky to have her. Now the schedule her school choose to make has nothing to do with her performance on the floor. She would be a star whever she plays!

In AA, Gatlinburg-Pittman's Karsen Sims should be in the conversation. Karsen has signed with Division I, Coastal Carolina University, and has been her teams leading scorer for the past 3 seasons. She is currently leading her team in points per game, rebounds per game, and steals per game. Karsen has led the Lady Highlanders to an undefeated 8-0 start in District 3AA with wins over AP ranked #7, Fulton, and Region foe, Alcoa, who is undefeated in District 4AA, which holds CAK. The Lady Highlanders are currently 18-5.

Karsen is an excellent athlete, having been named to the All-State soccer team on multiple occasions, as well as finishing 7th in A/AA state pentahalon last year. She scored a 32 on her ACT and would be a great representation of Tennessee High School Basketball.

For the AA conversation, Allison Hodge from Grainger should most definitely be considered. She averaged 10.6 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 2 steals per game as a Freshman starter while helping her team to a 23-9 record that season. As a Sophomore starter, she averaged 13.2 points, 10.1 rebounds, 2 steals, and 1.5 assists while helping her team to a 31-4 record, a District 2AA Championship, a Region 1AA Runner-Up and a berth in the Sectional game. This season as Junior she is averaging 16 points, 10.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 2.4 steals, and 1.2 blocks per game, while helping her team to a 22-0 record and a unanimous #1 ranking in the Class AA polls. Averaging a double-double in points and rebounds for three consecutive seasons while helping her team to a 76-13 overall record as a starter should in my opinion get considered for this award.

In AA, Gatlinburg-Pittman's Karsen Sims should be in the conversation. Karsen has signed with Division I, Coastal Carolina University, and has been her teams leading scorer for the past 3 seasons. She is currently leading her team in points per game, rebounds per game, and steals per game. Karsen has led the Lady Highlanders to an undefeated 8-0 start in District 3AA with wins over AP ranked #7, Fulton, and Region foe, Alcoa, who is undefeated in District 4AA, which holds CAK. The Lady Highlanders are currently 18-5.

Karsen is an excellent athlete, having been named to the All-State soccer team on multiple occasions, as well as finishing 7th in A/AA state pentahalon last year. She scored a 32 on her ACT and would be a great representation of Tennessee High School Basketball.

Div I AA

Agree Sims at Gatlinburg would be great choice.

Also Bell at Creekwood and Newman at Alcoa are great players.

Edited by TwinCityT

In AAA: Ashlee Mitchell from Tennessee HS. She signed with VCU over multiple other D1 offers. Here is a list of her achievments: single game rebounds record (24), single game assists record (also holds 2nd place), 2nd and 3rd place in single game steals record, single game 2 pt fgs made record, 1st 2nd and 4th in assists in a season, 1st 2nd and 3rd in steals in a season. For her career, she will end up 2nd in career scoring (behind Courtney McDaniel), 2nd in rebounds behind Courtney (she's 5'6"), and career leader in assists and steals (which she has been adding to since the 10th grade). She's simply an incredible player, excellent student, and great person.

Single A - Jaycee Coe - Jackson Co.

Double A - Elizabeth Massengil - McMinn Central

Triple A - Nina Davis - Memphis Central

D2-A - Derica Wyatt - FRA

D2-AA - Jasmine Cincore - Briarcrest

Figured I'd give a reasoning behind each of my picks...

In Single A, Jaycee Coe is one of the best shooters in the country. You better pick her up wherever she is past half court and better yet, you might want to just guard her in the full court. She can light it up and will go down as one of the best shooters this state has seen in a long time. She also plays on the best Single A team in the state and is headed to play at Kentucky in 2 years.

In Double A, Elizabeth Massengil is no big secret for anyone that has kept up with girls basketball from around the state. She was a huge factor in them winning the state tournament two years ago. I think she's the best player in AA this year and would be very deserving of winning this award. She'll be headed to UT-Martin next year.

In Triple A, I believe this is a definite for Nina Davis. In my opinion, she is the best player in the state of Tennessee regardless of classification. Central isn't having a national powerhouse year, but she's still doing her thing for Central this year. I know she has had a few 40 point games against some solid competition. There are some other good one's in Triple A, but I think Nina Davis should almost be a lock for this one. She is headed to Baylor next year.

In D2-A, Derica Wyatt is no big surprise here either. She's won this award since her Sophomore year if I remember correctly. She can pretty much do it all for her team and seems to be doing it again this year. She is headed to Oklahoma next year.

In D2-AA, Jasmine Cincore seems to be the best option here. I haven't seen as much of the elite talent in D2-AA as I've seen in other classifications, but I don't think you can go wrong with Cincore. She is a stud guard that is only a Junior, but probably the 2nd best Junior in the state behind Alexa Middleton from Riverdale. Cincore is receiving interest from UT-Martin, UAB, Ole Miss, Nebraska as well as many others.

Figured I'd give a reasoning behind each of my picks...

In Single A, Jaycee Coe is one of the best shooters in the country. You better pick her up wherever she is past half court and better yet, you might want to just guard her in the full court. She can light it up and will go down as one of the best shooters this state has seen in a long time. She also plays on the best Single A team in the state and is headed to play at Kentucky in 2 years.

In Double A, Elizabeth Massengil is no big secret for anyone that has kept up with girls basketball from around the state. She was a huge factor in them winning the state tournament two years ago. I think she's the best player in AA this year and would be very deserving of winning this award. She'll be headed to UT-Martin next year.

In Triple A, I believe this is a definite for Nina Davis. In my opinion, she is the best player in the state of Tennessee regardless of classification. Central isn't having a national powerhouse year, but she's still doing her thing for Central this year. I know she has had a few 40 point games against some solid competition. There are some other good one's in Triple A, but I think Nina Davis should almost be a lock for this one. She is headed to Baylor next year.

In D2-A, Derica Wyatt is no big surprise here either. She's won this award since her Sophomore year if I remember correctly. She can pretty much do it all for her team and seems to be doing it again this year. She is headed to Oklahoma next year.

In D2-AA, Jasmine Cincore seems to be the best option here. I haven't seen as much of the elite talent in D2-AA as I've seen in other classifications, but I don't think you can go wrong with Cincore. She is a stud guard that is only a Junior, but probably the 2nd best Junior in the state behind Alexa Middleton from Riverdale. Cincore is receiving interest from UT-Martin, UAB, Ole Miss, Nebraska as well as many others.

bingo