Miss Basketball Thread for 2012-13

CoachT

I know for a fact McMinn Central didn't play Grainger at the Shelbyville camp because McMinn Central has never went and played in that summer camp. You must be thinking McMinn County. You can compare Allison Hodge and Elizabeth Masengil head to head. I checked into it and Masengil stats look like this...... 23.4 pts 12.8 rebound 2.5 steal 4.1 assist per game. She usually play 2 and a half to 3 quarters a game. When she plays a whole game she is avg around 32 pts 15 rebounds. She has lead the Chargerettes to 3 state tournament( runner up freshman yr, state championship sophomore yr, and elite eight junior yr).

I know for a fact McMinn Central didn't play Grainger at the Shelbyville camp because McMinn Central has never went and played in that summer camp. You must be thinking McMinn County. You can compare Allison Hodge and Elizabeth Masengil head to head. I checked into it and Masengil stats look like this...... 23.4 pts 12.8 rebound 2.5 steal 4.1 assist per game. She usually play 2 and a half to 3 quarters a game. When she plays a whole game she is avg around 32 pts 15 rebounds. She has lead the Chargerettes to 3 state tournament( runner up freshman yr, state championship sophomore yr, and elite eight junior yr).

That's exactly what I was thinking about this summer. And when it comes to stats, nobody in the state in AA is going to compare heads up with her, especially against top talent. She does it against anybody and everybody. She deserves this award again. Abby Sissom is great out of Cannon as well. There's a decent chance they'll meet in Sub-State or possibly in the Boro. With all of the great teams in 8AA, sadly, only 1 will make it to state. That team will be the one that doesn't have to travel to the Round House for substate. Just my thoughts on that matter.

Edited by Cody

Van Buren's freshman Lakelyn Bouldin deserves mention in Class A.....she has good stats for a freshman averaging 10 boards a game, over 20 pts a game, 80 % free throw shooter, all around player both offensive and defensive. She moved up after her 8th grade season last year and made an impression in the 4 games she played and has continued to work hard her freshman year.

Van Buren's freshman Lakelyn Bouldin deserves mention in Class A.....she has good stats for a freshman averaging 10 boards a game, over 20 pts a game, 80 % free throw shooter, all around player both offensive and defensive. She moved up after her 8th grade season last year and made an impression in the 4 games she played and has continued to work hard her freshman year.

IMO, she's the best freshman in the state...hands down. However, anyone but Jaycee Coe for this year and 2014, is a sham.

IMO, she's the best freshman in the state...hands down. However, anyone but Jaycee Coe for this year and 2014, is a sham.

I think Blackman has a very good freshman too. The girl from Van Buren is for sure the best freshman I have seen. (Kassidy Allen from JC is not far behind her)

I was told Blackman's Crystal Dangerfield is ranked at the top nationally but here are my Miss Basketball pics: Nina Davis, Olivia Jones, Tyisha Petty, Rachel Bell, Elizabeth Masengil, Alexis Lang, Jaycee Coe, Sarah Raby, Makenzie Hensley, Kaylah Keys Derika Wyatt, Kennesha Nichols, Jasmine Cincore, Jada Johnson. I know there are alot more great players in TN but this is my list. GOOD LUCK GIRLS

Coe from JC is the real deal but would her numbers be as good without Hensley's presence inside to draw attentnion away from her? Could Coe put up the same numbers with constant double or triple teams that she would have if the post game of Hensley wasnt so strong? I'm not knocking Coe at all, just wondering if the two of them actually hurt each others chances in a contest liek miss basketball.

Coe from JC is the real deal but would her numbers be as good without Hensley's presence inside to draw attentnion away from her? Could Coe put up the same numbers with constant double or triple teams that she would have if the post game of Hensley wasnt so strong? I'm not knocking Coe at all, just wondering if the two of them actually hurt each others chances in a contest liek miss basketball.

Saw a first the other day when JC played Van Buren Co. Makenzie Hensley put close to 30 on them the first time we played them, so when they came to JC they were determined to not let her repeat that. Hensley has had plenty of double teams, but I would call this one a Makenzie Sandwich defense. They literally had one leaning on her back and one leaning back on her from the front. Of course they had to stop doing it because Coe was starting to light them up! So back to man in the second half and Hensley started to light them up. Both of these girls deserve to be finalists! Playing on the same team should not count against them.

D1-AA Miss Basketball... Has to go to Grainger's Allison Hodge. This young lady is the total package. Scoring, Defense and can run the floor. I rate Allison Hodge higher than Elizabeth Massengil because I seen Grainger play McMinn Central this past summer at Shelbyville Camp. Grainger won by 15 or so. Allison Hodge just elevated her game and did everything. She is always around the ball....And seems to always make that big play when her team needs it. She has led Grainger to a D1-AA 22-0 record and a unanimous #1 State Ranking. Let's go by the stats...

Points Per Game Avg - 16.0, Assists Per Game - 2.5, Rebounds Per Game -10.2, Steals Per Game - 2.4, Blocks Per Game - 1.2.

Most games she is only playing 3 quarters....

Elizabeth Masengil broke the all-time scoring record at McMinn Central last night in a romp of a solid Meigs County team. She had 28 points, 10 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists against double and triple teams. 22 points in the first half, 17 in the second quarter alone. She currently has 2370 points in her career passing former Miss Basketball and Clemson star, Julie Aderhold (now Goodin). She passed former Lady Vol and member of UT's first national championship, Jennifer Tuggle for second all-time earlier this season. Only played a few seconds of the 4th quarter before being taken out. As I mentioned earlier, no other player in AA can put up those kind of stats against elite competition each and every game. If she doesn't win this award again, it will be a travesty.

Edited by Cody

Makensie and Jaycee should be finalist but they may offset each other as the winner. It would be a shame for that to happen but stranger things have.

Also to jump into the freshman talk. Houston High Shchool in Memphis has a freshman starting as point guard, Jaida Roper. Averaging 14.9 pts a game.