ONEIDA COACH

OLDSCHOOL44

Just to throw out a little more info about this....there wasn't a night at the district tournament last season where they sold more than 800 tickets. For the girls games, they didn't sell more than 600 tickets on any 1 night, including championship night.

So it looks to me that a school that can seat 800 plus can manage it (I know the TSSAA number says 1,000). Don't forget that the host school gets a cut of the money for being the host school. Wartburg has got that 7 out of the past 8 years!

Additionally, like some of you have said already, getting to play at your home gym IS an advantage.

I agree that the best team usually wins no matter where you play, but this is something that should be rotated or nuetral. Pretty much the rest of the state does it that way, why not district 4?

One last thing, if the district tournament is going to stay at Wartburg, then maybe all teams should be allowed to get practice time there leading up to game night.

For those of us that have been around long enough to remember the reason it is at Wartburg is mainly due to the fact that the tournament lost money when held elsewhere. I like having it there and know that it is a pain for the teachers and admin/coaches there also. Yes, it is an advantage but it is also extra work. I think that nobody would be crying over it if they hadn't been winning lately. I don't believe hosting at Jellico would be profitable and think it would literally be dangerous to have it at O.S. due to fire and other overcrowding issues. Neutral Site would have to be Roane State or Scott High I would think. Last year the tournament made a little over 6,000 dollars and Wartburg only got what they earned in tournament share same as the rest of us. I'm by no means a fan of the Dogs but think if we are going to debate this we should at least have some facts. 4A teams share the profits and loss if no money is made.

I'm for going to play and not cry over where the game is. My opinion it's closer for me to drive there than it is anywhere in the district. Go Jackets and go win 4A wherever it's played. Stop crying and play the game!

If Wartburg gets to hosts the tournament every year then might I suggest the other teams should be allowed to practice there 2 times with 2 hour practices each time the weekend before and the few days before the District tournament begins. The teams that wish to should be allowed to do that.

You say where would Wartburg practice well 2 times just like the others. during that time then go to their Middle school to practice.

Edited by Hopi

For those of us that have been around long enough to remember the reason it is at Wartburg is mainly due to the fact that the tournament lost money when held elsewhere. I like having it there and know that it is a pain for the teachers and admin/coaches there also. Yes, it is an advantage but it is also extra work. I think that nobody would be crying over it if they hadn't been winning lately. I don't believe hosting at Jellico would be profitable and think it would literally be dangerous to have it at O.S. due to fire and other overcrowding issues. Neutral Site would have to be Roane State or Scott High I would think. Last year the tournament made a little over 6,000 dollars and Wartburg only got what they earned in tournament share same as the rest of us. I'm by no means a fan of the Dogs but think if we are going to debate this we should at least have some facts. 4A teams share the profits and loss if no money is made.

I'm for going to play and not cry over where the game is. My opinion it's closer for me to drive there than it is anywhere in the district. Go Jackets and go win 4A wherever it's played. Stop crying and play the game!

great post and yes they divide the money up and it's only the final 4 teams that play at Wartburg

Good teams win no matter where the game is played at! Wartburg has the nicest gym in that district and the best seating capacity! The only reason most people are belly aching is because they're getting smacked in the mouth by wartburg night in and night out. Having it elsewhere is not a great idea, Wartburg is the most neutral location in that district and that's where it should be! And let me add this, the first game is played at the higher seeds home gym. Win that game and you don't have to worry about being elminated. You go to Wartburg to try and win the district but you ARE in the region! Stop crying and play where you have to play!

That was like standing in quicksand. It just got worse and worse because the more you tried to make a move the deeper we seem to get. We never manufactored any momentum after falling behind early. I would think OS had their season high in offensive rebounds. Boog, pretty much has the understatement of the year. I guess both teams liked their game plan as neither stayed in the locker room very long at the half.....but then when you have played twice to blow outs it figures that what you want to do should be effective. This outcome is stunning, IMO.

Kazzy