Trousdale County Yellow Jackets 2013

TCstinger

Let me ask you Trousdale people a question. That other thread said that Satterfield man didnt want to play those Goodpasture boys. Is it not up to that Creasy man? Does that Satterfield man still call the shots for the football team? What kind of mess is this?

What other thread? Post a link.

Edited by slimshady

Let me ask you Trousdale people a question. That other thread said that Satterfield man didnt want to play those Goodpasture boys. Is it not up to that Creasy man? Does that Satterfield man still call the shots for the football team? What kind of mess is this?

The Goat sez; ^^^ best troll on coach t. IMO ^^^

Satterfield in the news this morning whining about doing what is best for our students? How is showing them how to be quitters doing what is right? The argument is that they can't compete with the private schools, well why even play then because you can't compete with the Memphis schools either? What will be funny is if they end up having to play Goodpasture in the District tournament, then what? Forfeit away the entire season because you are scared to play. Next year should be interesting to watch

I am in no way affiliated with Trousdale Co.'s program but have to say, look in the trophy case and in the tssaa record books. These kids on the creekbank are afraid of no one! And yes, from what I have heard the name Satterfield does carry that much weight in Hartsville.

The Sept. 20 football game between Trousdale County and Goodpasture will be the only

regular-season meeting in any sport between the two schools once they become fellow members of District 8-A in the fall.

Clint Satterfield, director of schools for Trousdale County, said the Yellow Jackets will not schedule games in any other sports against their new rival.

“We don’t have anything against Goodpasture,†Satterfield said. “We don’t have any experience with them. We don’t have any ill will or anything like that. This is what we feel is in the best interest of Trousdale County High School and our student-athletes.

“I don’t see where it’s going to be advantageous for us to play them in those non-revenue sports. We have to play them in football to be in the playoffs, but there’s no penalty for not playing them (in the other sports).â€

Satterfield would not elaborate when asked whether he thought Trousdale County would struggle to compete with the Madison private school, which is dropping from Class AA to Class A for the next four years.

Goodpasture has won four Class AA softball championships and three baseball titles along with a runner-up softball finish and one in volleyball over the past eight years.

“We were hoping to play everybody, and it’s disappointing that that’s not the case,†Goodpasture athletics director Clint Parnell said. “Why does (Trousdale) not want to play us, is the question. Is it a public/private thing, or is it because we’re Goodpasture?â€

Trousdale County might have some company among other District 8-A teams. Red Boiling Springs and Gordonsville are leaving their options open. Officials at Merrol Hyde and Watertown said they intend to play Goodpasture in all regular-season district competition.

“We’re looking at what Trousdale’s doing and deciding whether we want to follow suit, just talking amongst ourselves,†Red Boiling Springs athletics director Don Jones said. “For us, it’s an absolute unfair advantage for them. We have to play with what we’ve got living here.â€

Said Gordonsville athletics director Steve Armistead: “We have no intention of not playing, but that could change. The biggest and most honest reason would be that we probably can’t compete.â€

With an enrollment of 335 and a multiplier of 1.8 — required of all private schools that participate in Division I — Goodpasture’s enrollment for 2013-17 classification purposes was 603, making it the largest Class A school in Tennessee.

The number is larger than 23 schools in Class AA. However, because schools can’t be moved up more than one class in any sport, Goodpasture could not be moved from Class 1A to 3A for football. So the Cougars will be Class 2A for football and Class A for all other sports.

Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association executive director Bernard Childress said Trousdale County’s decision will force the district to devise a means for appropriately setting up its postseason tournaments.

“We’ve had several schools that have not played, for several different reasons,†Childress said. “The problem with that is, when the schools get together to set their district schedules, they’re going to have to decide ahead of time where to seed schools that do not play each other.

“It’s a concern because we always want schools to be able to get a schedule. It’s not widespread.â€

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130507/SPORTS07/305070027/2072/SPORTS

Clint has had a "thing" about playing the private schools for a number of years. I remember talking with him about it when I was head coach at Watertown. He had that tone about him that he just didn't think it was fair, and he wasn't going to do it, unless made to. He told me one time that he would get 5 or more games out of state, rather than playing any of the private schools.