New Favorite Wrestlers

coachknepper

These are just my thoughts on some of the guys that I enjoyed watching in this year's tournament thus far that I really didn't know much about or get to see much:

106 Kevin Knier (West Creek)...can't say enough about this Sophomore...got outwrestled by Navarro, but was not really on anyone's radar to place coming out of West Creek.

126 Tucker Russo (Soddy Daisy)...kid is a NATURAL. I see big things out of him the next 3 years.

145 Nate Croley (Pigeon Forge)...I've seen him wrestle before but he really impressed me today with 2 big wins over tough opponents. Very Solid Wrestler that will do well in college.

152 Joseph Giattino (Stone Memorial)...this kid is one of the strongest wrestlers I've seen...came out of nowhere for me.

160 Tanner Reynolds (Ravenwood)...do I need to comment?? Wow...one of Ravenwood's biggest wins ever in my opinion (until tomorrow)

170 Derrick Tucker (Germantown)...beat a very tough Sean Kennedy this morning and almost beat Tyler Crane...another Solid Wrestler.

182 Clifford Terrell (Brentwood)...kid is an animal...very aggressive with his motion and handfighting

195 Billy Raulston (Walker Valley)...very smart wrestler...wins when it counts.

I cant tell you how proud I am of my son kevin knier. A month ago I predicted him to win the region and it was clear that it was an opinion only shared by the west creek community so instead of responding we decided to let the proof come out on the mat and we are very pleased with a region championship and fourth place state finish.

I cant tell you how proud I am of my son kevin knier. A month ago I predicted him to win the region and it was clear that it was an opinion only shared by the west creek community so instead of responding we decided to let the proof come out on the mat and we are very pleased with a region championship and fourth place state finish.

Congrats! Job well done

Edited by dca44

Ahh i knew you were his dad! I am here openly apologizing for putting your son down in anyway. You made a bold statement predicting him to win regions. And i just did not agree with that. Clearly he has proved me wrong! Very proud of Kevin. Repped Region 7 well. First state medal to west creek and couldnt have gone to a tougher kid! S/O to young Mr. Knier. I look forward to watching him compete over the next 2 years