Region 6-AA Tournament

howdoitknow

This should be a really good region tournament. I'm making the trip to Pat Head Summitt gymnasium Saturday night to watch Cheatham play Summit and I'll also be making trips to Creekwood next Tuesday and Thursday night to watch the rest of the region tourney. I think it'll be a Cheatham County vs Creekwood region championship matchup with this game being a toss up. Creekwood should win their side of the bracket and it also helps that they'll have home-court advantage the whole tournament.

Edited by War Eagles

This should be a really good region tournament. I'm making the trip to Pat Head Summitt gymnasium Saturday night to watch Cheatham play Summit and I'll also be making trips to Creekwood next Tuesday and Thursday night to watch the rest of the region tourney. I think it'll be a Cheatham County vs Creekwood region championship matchup with this game being a toss up. Creekwood should win their side of the bracket and it also helps that they'll have home-court advantage the whole tournament.

not so fast my friend. Creekwood has good chance with easier bracket but CC Giles and Waverly all are equal

not so fast my friend. Creekwood has good chance with easier bracket but CC Giles and Waverly all are equal

You said a couple of weeks ago that Cheatham County beating Waverly was "an upset" didn't you?

I do think Creek Wood has the easier bracket to make it to the finals. But at this point, with the way Waverly is playing, there is no way to say they are equal to Cheatham Co. and Giles Co. If Waverly gets back to playing like they did in the early part of the season then they have a chance. Waverly's problem will be their lack of size inside, that's where Cheatham has the advantage and Creek Wood with Morgan as well.

No matter who makes the finals you want to make sure and win it because the loser gets to see CPA! And I have watched them all play multiple times, preseason scrimmage be d**ned, CPA will not lose to any of the Region 6 teams, Cheatham included. I hope I am wrong but don't see it happening.

Why are you guys overlooking Spring Hill? Last year the 1 and 2 seeds from 12aa ran the top teams from 11aa off the court in Regions. I know this is a new year and teams are different. But the talk about Creek Wood just having it "so easy" is dumbfounding to me.

If Creek Wood beats Fairview that is a big if as this game will come down to the final minutes, then they get an athletic Spring Hill team who has a big man down low to match whatever Creek Wood throws at them. This is the same Spring Hill team that beat Giles as well.

Sorry just feel like 12aa is getting disrespected early on, if 11aa proves it on the court Saturday night, I will give them credit, but right now I am skeptical.

Why are you guys overlooking Spring Hill? Last year the 1 and 2 seeds from 12aa ran the top teams from 11aa off the court in Regions. I know this is a new year and teams are different. But the talk about Creek Wood just having it "so easy" is dumbfounding to me.

If Creek Wood beats Fairview that is a big if as this game will come down to the final minutes, then they get an athletic Spring Hill team who has a big man down low to match whatever Creek Wood throws at them. This is the same Spring Hill team that beat Giles as well.

Sorry just feel like 12aa is getting disrespected early on, if 11aa proves it on the court Saturday night, I will give them credit, but right now I am skeptical.

I am in no way overlooking Spring Hill....I simply said Creek Wood has the easier bracket. Spring Hill is a tough out for anyone. But no one can argue that the top bracket of this Region is not one of the toughest in the State. Cheatham, Waverly and Giles are 3 very good teams that are sectional if not state quality.

As for the bottom bracket it is not easy by any stretch. Fairview has defeated Creek Wood at CW and Spring Hill obviously beat Giles...so there will be no easy road to the sectionals

No matter who makes the finals you want to make sure and win it because the loser gets to see CPA! And I have watched them all play multiple times, preseason scrimmage be d**ned, CPA will not lose to any of the Region 6 teams, Cheatham included. I hope I am wrong but don't see it happening.

Not if they play like they did for 2 plus quarters vs Pearl-Cohn

You said a couple of weeks ago that Cheatham County beating Waverly was "an upset" didn't you?

Yes. On that night it was an upset. On that night Waverly had the better team like the first game they played, CC had the better team. My whole point is there is not one team that is a clear cut favor to win region. Edited by papatiger

I think only the first round game with CC and Summit is a given. The rest are toss ups and the top bracket is the toughest and any of the three teams can win it. CC, Waverly, Giles are as even as they come. No one has a clear cut shot at any title and any team that already think they have it are dilusional. In fact, Giles and Waverly getting upset put a huge damper on CC's chances.

Agree completely and ill be at waverly/giles this saturday and will give updates...and expect and look frwrd to updates in all games saturday...

We ought to have the first round of regions out of the way by now and it would be done this weekend. Basketball post season is as long as the dang season almost. Why do we drag it out like this?

I have asked the same question. Also, it hurts teams who have baseball players on the basketball team. Tuesday should have been the first round games, then Friday, Saturday at Creekwood.