9a vs.10a.

archangel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston County could take Moore County in the finals if they make it. I honestly believe it would be a great game to watch, but also Houston County would have to show up ready to play. Here are my reasons I think HC could win against MC.

1) Moore County has their post as their top player, while she is good- HC has a 6"+ Freshman post that plays as if she is a senior when it comes to knowing the game. The MC post may get some points underneath, put I expect them to be limited or when the HC Freshman is sitting out. Even from the 3 she will be heavily guarded.

2)HC has 3 point shooters who can hit lights out if its the right day

3)HC has a great defense from all 5 players, MC will have to take a lot of contested shots

BUT, like I said that is if HC makes it to the finals and shows up. I mention the HC freshman having basketball knowledge, BUT if MC gets under her skin like NC did.... HC will have problems. It was evident that her anger got the best of her in the district championship and HC suffered a few plays from it. She does not foul much but I believe she got 4 in the champ. and most were near the end.

Plus, in all honesty I know that MC players and fans have a way of getting under your skin. I watched the MC & HC regional game last year as a fan and MC got under my skin. However, that is part of the rivalry from the 2 districts.

If that game does end up becoming the regional championship, I would love to come watch and see a great fierce game.

I think Houston County will have a very difficult time knocking off Moore County. With that being said, if Raby were to pick up some early foul trouble it could be a completely different ballgame. To have a chance you have to turn MC over and get some easy buckets from those turnovers. In a half court setting they are as good as anyone you will see defensively and offensively.

I watched the district championship game between MC and Cascade and I would say that MC had at most 7 or 8 turnovers. That is against a team that tends to throw the kitchen sink at you defensively. In a half court, grind it out type of game they are going to run their stuff and take the shots that they want. Raby is very good back to basket but she has gotten to the point where they use her a primary ball handler if she has a good match-up. She is very capable of stepping out to 18-20 feet and knocking down a jump shot. I would say she is the best player you will see until the state tournament.

When it's all said and done most teams that are playing in a region semi final game are very good and on any given night the team who shows up most prepared will win the ballgame. I don't want to discount anything Houston County has accomplished this year, I just think Moore County is the better team.

In all honesty it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Houston County proves me wrong.

I think Houston County will have a very difficult time knocking off Moore County. With that being said, if Raby were to pick up some early foul trouble it could be a completely different ballgame. To have a chance you have to turn MC over and get some easy buckets from those turnovers. In a half court setting they are as good as anyone you will see defensively and offensively.

I watched the district championship game between MC and Cascade and I would say that MC had at most 7 or 8 turnovers. That is against a team that tends to throw the kitchen sink at you defensively. In a half court, grind it out type of game they are going to run their stuff and take the shots that they want. Raby is very good back to basket but she has gotten to the point where they use her a primary ball handler if she has a good match-up. She is very capable of stepping out to 18-20 feet and knocking down a jump shot. I would say she is the best player you will see until the state tournament.

When it's all said and done most teams that are playing in a region semi final game are very good and on any given night the team who shows up most prepared will win the ballgame. I don't want to discount anything Houston County has accomplished this year, I just think Moore County is the better team.

In all honesty it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Houston County proves me wrong.

Mc sounds a lot like HC then. Seems like it will be a low scoring game with two great defensive teams. However, they are both good at stealing the ball and scoring too so who knows.

Both teams have to get through Friday night before this even matters. Coach Slatten has the girls focused on WH\Heritage now, but will immediately have the girls in the gym Saturday if they win tomorrow night to be loading up for whomever they will play.

You are correct. I think there is a significant gap between MC and WHH. Forrest is a little scary depending on how they shoot the ball. They play a very up tempo game and have 5 girls on the floor at any given time that can knock down the 3. They don't have a true post presence so if the big girl from HC can get herself established she could be a difference maker.Overall I expect there to be very good games during the satellite round of the tournament.

Community was a minute away from knocking off Moore County and that was without their best offensive threat for the final 3 quarters. They lost to Forrest in the consolation game in overtime without the same player. I do not think they are your typical 4 seed. I do think they are susceptible of coming out flat on the road as they play a ton of young girls.

At this point in the year I just hope all teams come to play and represent their district well.

Both teams have to get through Friday night before this even matters. Coach Slatten has the girls focused on WH\Heritage now, but will immediately have the girls in the gym Saturday if they win tomorrow night to be loading up for whomever they will play.

Sleepy will have his team ready and they will beat WH Heritage with ease. I say MC goes to the glass house again.