I'll be the one to do it I guess.... D-1 vs D-2

WrestlingGod

I'm sorry I believe I may have been unclear. I was trying to say which sides champions had to go through tougher competition.

Well that would vary from weight to weight. Considering d2 is generally tougher kids I would say d2. Now if you are saying which kids wrestle more people then it would be d1. Don't confuse more with tougher because its not the same. Most weights the studs aren't challenged until the semis and that goes for both divisions.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised it hasn't happened yet, here's my picks...

106- Murphy (Baylor) dec Navario (Bradley)

D-1 (0) D-2 (3)

113- Oliver (CBHS) pin Debian (Cleveland)

D-1 (0) D-2 (9)

120- Stevens (Soddy) dec Elsea (McCallie)

D-1 (3) D-2 (9)

126- Gray (CBHS) dec Stevenson (Cleveland)

D-1 (3) D-2 (12)

132- Hamilton (Cleveland) dec Connell (McCallie)

D-1 (6) D-2 (12)

138- Olson (BGA) dec Langford (WV)

D-1 (6) D-2 (15)

145- Marchetti (Father Ryan) dec Freeman (Ravenwood)

D-1 (6) D-2 (18)

152- Baker (CBHS) major dec Dickerson (CC)

D-1 (6) D-2 (22)

160- Popp (Baylor) dec Clark (Bradley)

D-1 (6) D-2 (25)

170- Solomon (Maryville) dec Parker (Baylor)

D-1 (9) D-2 (25)

182- Henry (Soddy) dec Hoodenpyle (McCallie)

D-1 (12) D-2 (25)

195- Boykin (Riverdale) dec Garstin (MBA)

D-1 (15) D-2 (25)

220- Satterfield (WB) dec Mason (BA)

D-1 (18) D-2 (25)

Hwt.- Reagen (Clarksville) pin Robertson (MBA)

D-1 (24) D-2 (25)

Closer than I thought actually. D-2 picks up wins early but D-1 picks up Bonus points that make it close.

OW- Oliver (CBHS 113)

Best Match- I say Satterfield (WB) in OT at 220.

What do y'all think?

I think your pick at 138 is a bit off. Olson is a good wrestler but dont think he'd come out on top. Marchetti would lose to Freeman for sure in my opinion. Mason would lose to Satterfield. I'd pick Mason to win by 2.

I think your pick at 138 is a bit off. Olson is a good wrestler but dont think he'd come out on top. Marchetti would lose to Freeman for sure in my opinion. Mason would lose to Satterfield. I'd pick Mason to win by 2.

You are aware that Marchetti actually beat Freeman in a dual early this year right?

Marchetti already beat Freeman this year. Looking at the competition that Olson and Langford had this year, it's not close, the top 3 d2 138 take the same spots d1, the only difference maybe being Langford vs Sutherland.

Well that would vary from weight to weight. Considering d2 is generally tougher kids I would say d2. Now if you are saying which kids wrestle more people then it would be d1. Don't confuse more with tougher because its not the same. Most weights the studs aren't challenged until the semis and that goes for both divisions.

I don't think so Willis..... If you don't have your a game in the Man's div, you get your arse handed to you in the 2nd round... No A game in the DII, you tech fall your opponent .....

Bcb iii

I don't think so Willis..... If you don't have your a game in the Man's div, you get your arse handed to you in the 2nd round... No A game in the DII, you tech fall your opponent .....

Bcb iii

That means the studs in the mans division arent quite as good as the studs in d2 I guess. I would be willing to bet none of the d2 champs and runner ups would get beat in the second round of the di tournament.

I agree, in many weights the top 2 or 3 D2 were as strong or stronger than the D1 top 2 or 3, but there certainly isn't the depth of quality beyond the medalists. D1 has more kids, certainly the depth gives them more average and better than average wrestlers, while D2 has a talent drop after a few...but not just the top 2...D2 3rd place 106 medalist Cornell beat D1 106 champ Navarro in the semis of the Soddy Invitational earlier this season.

Bcb iii

Surely you missed the Walthall loss at 170 in the semifinals... He came without his A game and he paid dearly for it. Your argument holds no water in actual practice, since, according to your theory, Walthall should still have tech-falled his opponent. Your argument is null and void, sir.