TCA vs Booker T

Intense

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sit and watch grown people treat kids the way the refs did BTW regardless of who you cheer for is wrong. Right is Right and wrong is wrong. TCA is a great school with great fans and a great team. It's ashame for that game to be called the way it was called in the third and forth quarter. We try to teach kids to do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may at the end you hold your head up and move on. The humanitarian in me will never allow me to treat any kid wrong regardless who I cheer for. We all deserved to see a fair game between the two good teams that played tonight. I will not take anything away from TCA they played the game the way it was given. I would still say the same if BTW would have pulled it off. It was not fair and everyone who was there should be honest. TCA deserved to win a game that was called fair. That's my Explinatiom

As a lifelong basketball fan I can say that I've had those same feelings serveral times,and though I try and allow for the "human" element such as plain old mistakes,crowd influence,one coach pleading his case harder than the other,ect...sometimes another human element is plain to see.For any "grownup" to be biased for or against any person or team while having the authority to change the outcome is worse than a thief.I was not at the game so I will not comment wheather I think this happened or not...for you to post in such a respectful manner gives creedence to your opinion,agree or disagree.

Booker T had many calls go their way in the first half. There were a ton of fouls called on Trinity's kids in the first half, number 5 and 11 had 3 fouls at the break I think. I have no bias toward either team because I am not from Jackson or Memphis. Trinity showed a lot more fight at the end of the game and just wanted it more. If BTW would've kept the gas on the pedal they would've never been in that situation and would not be sitting at home for the rest of the year. They sat back and let a team take it from them that shouldn't have.

BTW in my opinion, was the better team last night but everyone knows that if you are going to beat Trinity then you have to beat them from the beginning to end. If Trinity finds their selves in a game where it is close then you begin to play into their hands. Don't get me wrong they are a great team with great kids but late games always go in their favor because of the referees. I don't know how many calls last night that were made or ignored down the stretch to give Trinity the momentum. The referees can't pick and choose when they want to participate in the flow of the game. If you want a physical game then call it that way. Like I said Trinity is a great team, but if you asked anyone at the game the referees were Trinity's best players.

Lake - I posted on your "it's a disgrace" thread you started. I went to see a good game and did not care who won, but I did not see the refs changing this game. I thought BTW got some calls in first half and can remember one where I thought TCA got call in 4th quarter. Overall, I thought it was a well called game. Tough loss for BTW - congrats to TCA. It was a great game and great atmosphere for a high school game.

westtnman- I didn't start the disgrace thread I just agreed with what was said about the refs. It was a great atmosphere but I just didn't like how the refs missed calls down the stretch.

Fair enough. Been there and understand the disappointment of a big game loss. If game had ended up the other way, sure TCA fans would not be happy about refs either. Thanks to both teams for an entertaining night.

BTW in my opinion, was the better team last night but everyone knows that if you are going to beat Trinity then you have to beat them from the beginning to end. If Trinity finds their selves in a game where it is close then you begin to play into their hands. Don't get me wrong they are a great team with great kids but late games always go in their favor because of the referees. I don't know how many calls last night that were made or ignored down the stretch to give Trinity the momentum. The referees can't pick and choose when they want to participate in the flow of the game. If you want a physical game then call it that way. Like I said Trinity is a great team, but if you asked anyone at the game the referees were Trinity's best players.

Hey Coach, that's a pretty ridiculous post coming from a coach. There were some missed calls both ways. I can name you at least 3 calls in the first half that went in favor of BTW. Yes, TCA probably got two or three calls in the second half but it balanced out. BTW is not the better team. Your team is better than BTW and Humboldt is for sure better. They have a lot of quickness and are a very good team but they are not better than TCA. Last year, no doubt they were the better team. TCA had two Freshmen, 4 Sophs and a junior that made major contributions last night so West Tn will see a whole lot more of TCA. We are losing two great Senior guards but we have replacements waiting.

Calls made in the first half are not the same as calls made in the 4th quarter in a close game. Again I'm not saying BTW or TCA should have won the game and I am a BTW fan. Im saying it should have been played out on the court FAIRLY. TCA deserves to get the win without this type of conversation about the game. BTW deserved to loose the game on a bad game plan, missed freethrows, and miss easy buckets. Don't try and justify by saying it "balanced out" no it did not, Why was those calls that you say went for BTW did not go for BTW in the 4th quarter. Did TCA stop playing aggressive? As a matter of fact they went man to man. The only time the whistle blew on BTW side of the floor in the 3rd and 4th was to call bogas offensive fouls against BTW. I will not comment any longer becasue obvisouly you are willing to justify wrong. Good luck to those kids from TCA. The kids did their part, the played the game that was presented to them.

Edited by Nodoginthwhunt