Watertown JC hosing!

back_4_more

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a bad call and had it been turned around a Watertown fan would have said the same thing. We were trying to foul. We fouled him 3 or 4 times before the intentional foul was called. It's like he waited until we did something drastic an then called it intentional. Then with 3 seconds to go in the game we foul again but no call and time ran out. This is why a team should not be allowed to host a game of this magnatude. The one ref was biased and it showed. He represented well. Watertown played hard they are a good team with a very good coach and I hope they go on to win it all. JC had their chances we had the ball down one with 25 seconds to go and turn it over so some of the blame falls on us but the one ref clearly decided the outcome and thats what hurts.

Lets see, you admit you were trying to foul and cant understand why an intentional foul was called. hmmmmm

I am not even from Watertown and I laugh at this. I was at the game, it was the correct call. JC did a great job fighting back and showing a lot of heart but the refs had nothing to do with the outcome.

Lets see, you admit you were trying to foul and cant understand why an intentional foul was called. hmmmmm

I am not even from Watertown and I laugh at this. I was at the game, it was the correct call. JC did a great job fighting back and showing a lot of heart but the refs had nothing to do with the outcome.

The question I have is .....why is a school hosting a Region Tourn. at their school ?? I know every other year JC - CLAY- PICKETT ETC ETC play at a neutral site when the Region starts...Livingston Academy. And they also play at LA during the District Tourn. as well. Big advantage and also the refs should be from a different Region. Just asking !!! Looks like Lebanon or a school down that way could host this tourney every other year ??? Edited by Rocking Chair

We are not he only school that host a region tourney there are other schools in different regions. Im sure those other schools have the same complaint.....I have no qualms having the kids play at a neutral site. If the people in charge of deciding where it is played will change it if they see fit.

We are not he only school that host a region tourney there are other schools in different regions. Im sure those other schools have the same complaint.....I have no qualms having the kids play at a neutral site. If the people in charge of deciding where it is played will change it if they see fit.

Yeah just saying im sure this is happening all over the state. BTW I just read the JC- Crange thread they have already been talking about this. Didnt mean nothing bad towards H2O but it should be held at a neutral site.

how does anyone propose the neutral sight be decided? What do you consider a neutral sight, a gym that is not the home of anyone in the region? Or wait until the regional teams are determined and then pick a gym to host? That is unheard of and irrational.

Was Watertown a favorite to get to regionals? Was it 100% that Watertown would get to regionals? Schools submit to have the regionals at their facility at least one year in advance maybe more and it is usually alternated from one district to the other.

So you are saying if your team is down and they foul at the end of the game to stay in it, it should always be called intentional?

Edited by HardTimes

It is alternated from one district to another but every year when district 7A hosts it is at Livingston Academy. Not JCounty, Clay county or any "home" school. It's in a complete different county from any school in the district. The gym is huge with plenty of parking and plenty of room for fans. Nothing against watertown. They are playing the games wherever they are told to play the game and I dont blame the school. I blame whomever is in charge of placing these games. Watertown's gym is not that big to be trying to host a region tourney. Expecially with the amount of fans these two regions have. This is probably one of the biggest fan bases in the state. Parking at Watertown is almost as terrible as the seating. I've complained about parking since I started having to drive there. And not to mention the drive. Our whole district has at least a 2 to 21/2 hour drive to just get to watertown. The site should be determined by a gym that has nothing to do with this region. LIke some have mentioned Smith Co. or somewhere in Lebanon. There are gyms that are closer, bigger, and frankly better suited to host these types of games. JCounty and Clay CO both are bigger than Watertown and they still aren't suited for a region game. So how is it irrational??? I paid 5 bucks to watch two games and there was absolutely no room left in that gym expecially after the game was over. People were parked up and down the road. So it is irrational that some want a better seatin or better parking? We host our district tournaments at Livingston Academy with up to 5 schools and everyone's fan base there and have plenty of seating for everyone and plenty of parking.

how does anyone propose the neutral sight be decided? What do you consider a neutral sight, a gym that is not the home of anyone in the region? Or wait until the regional teams are determined and then pick a gym to host? That is unheard of and irrational.

Was Watertown a favorite to get to regionals? Was it 100% that Watertown would get to regionals? Schools submit to have the regionals at their facility at least one year in advance maybe more and it is usually alternated from one district to the other.

Watertown's boys have been ranked in the state most of the year. With only 5 teams in their district, yes they were 100% going , should have been addressed before the year. Now tonight JC has to drive an hour and Clarkrange like two hours to play each other again . Just don't make sense.

Im from LA so I don't have a dog in this fight but my .02 is this: The schools of the hosting Region get to pick where there going to be played. Just like JC, PC, Crange choose to have it at LA on a netural court for all teams. Even though they all come to LA once a year during the regular season. Why not do the same down there and just agree to move it to a netural site? Smith Co. is right there and has a 3x bigger gym than any school in your region. This region is having the same problem that 8-AA had a few years ago trying to cram 5 teams fans into one small gym in Baxter at Upperman High School. The way it sounds if there was ever a fire or emergency where you are playing a lot of people could end up getting hurt before you could get everybody out or rescue crews in if your blocking the street.. I know the hosting school is supposed to be able to handle a certain number of fans to be able to host and I'm wondering if these numbers are way to small for the fan bases around here. Also I think that it's stupid that if one region is completely put out of the tourny after the first round that the other District has to travel two hours still to go play the games instead of bringing it back home. LA boys are in the same boat. I could rant on for a while more but ill leave it at this: The TSSAA needs to get there act together and get things straighten out and stop worrying about how much money they are going to make at the expense of what its costing the schools.They need to have some sort of responsibility for there officials, and make sure that playing areas are adequately large enough, and teams are not having to travel 2 or 3 hours for no reason.

Im from LA so I don't have a dog in this fight but my .02 is this: The schools of the hosting Region get to pick where there going to be played. Just like JC, PC, Crange choose to have it at LA on a netural court for all teams. Even though they all come to LA once a year during the regular season. Why not do the same down there and just agree to move it to a netural site? Smith Co. is right there and has a 3x bigger gym than any school in your region. This region is having the same problem that 8-AA had a few years ago trying to cram 5 teams fans into one small gym in Baxter at Upperman High School. The way it sounds if there was ever a fire or emergency where you are playing a lot of people could end up getting hurt before you could get everybody out or rescue crews in if your blocking the street.. I know the hosting school is supposed to be able to handle a certain number of fans to be able to host and I'm wondering if these numbers are way to small for the fan bases around here. Also I think that it's stupid that if one region is completely put out of the tourny after the first round that the other District has to travel two hours still to go play the games instead of bringing it back home. LA boys are in the same boat. I could rant on for a while more but ill leave it at this: The TSSAA needs to get there act together and get things straighten out and stop worrying about how much money they are going to make at the expense of what its costing the schools.They need to have some sort of responsibility for there officials, and make sure that playing areas are adequately large enough, and teams are not having to travel 2 or 3 hours for no reason.

Good Job LA_Wildcats you spoke it well!

Watertown's boys have been ranked in the state most of the year. With only 5 teams in their district, yes they were 100% going , should have been addressed before the year. Now tonight JC has to drive an hour and Clarkrange like two hours to play each other again . Just don't make sense.

Amen to that bob77, it does not make a lick of sence considering both teams are from District 7A.