Watertown JC hosing!

back_4_more

Lets see, you admit you were trying to foul and cant understand why an intentional foul was called. hmmmmm

I am not even from Watertown and I laugh at this. I was at the game, it was the correct call. JC did a great job fighting back and showing a lot of heart but the refs had nothing to do with the outcome.

Normally i dont answer ignorant posts like this but I will do it this one time. Do you understand the game of basketball? If you're down towards the end of the game a team will foul to put the other team on the line to stop the clock and hope the other team misses so they have a chance to win. The problem I have with this call was the one biased ref would not call a foul. We fouled him going for the ball 4 times but there was no whistle. Fans are screaming for this ref to blow the whistle but he didnt so the player shoved the other player trying to get the clock stopped. The biased ref then called it intentional. One foul shot was made JC is down 2 with 3 seconds to go Watertown inbounds the ball we foul but no whistle they just ran off the court and then Watertowns finest took the floor facing ONLY the Jackson County side. I wonder why?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question I have is .....why is a school hosting a Region Tourn. at their school ?? I know every other year JC - CLAY- PICKETT ETC ETC play at a neutral site when the Region starts...Livingston Academy. And they also play at LA during the oDistrict Tourn. as well. Big advantage and also the refs should be from a different Region. Just asking !!! Looks like Lebanon or a school down that way could host this tourney every other year ???

has been at h20 since late 80s used to be there ever yr and now there is an advantage because h20 has a chance to win the region for 1st time ever. WOW...where was all this home court advantage the past 25 yrs. Edited by diesel28

Who cares where the game is played. If playin at watertown infront of 200 fans if that many makes a difference then your not going go very far. Teams go on the road in football playoffs an win all the time kinda the same thing. Always the losing team gets cheated lol

Edited by biggest

Since when has basketball been so closely related to football? I guess its the same sport now. And no one said anything about losers being cheated. I'm a firm believer in the better team will win the game. If clarkrange wins they are/were the better team no matter where its played. Weather you want to believe it or not a basketball player's home court is a flight advantage. Players have "spots" on their floor to shoot from, etc. Again I'm not saying that determines the game. What sucks about the school is lack of seating and parking for 4 teams and fans

Since when has basketball been so closely related to football? I guess its the same sport now. And no one said anything about losers being cheated. I'm a firm believer in the better team will win the game. If clarkrange wins they are/were the better team no matter where its played. Weather you want to believe it or not a basketball player's home court is a flight advantage. Players have "spots" on their floor to shoot from, etc. Again I'm not saying that determines the game. What sucks about the school is lack of seating and parking for 4 teams and fans

whats the difference football goes on the road. Build a bigger gym an maybe you can host a game instead of spending money on girls for your girls teams

Why do we need to build a new gym Clay Co has one of the nicest gyms in the state. what does spending money on girls for your girls team mean, can you be a little more clear about that.