A Disgrace To The Game

Nodoginthwhunt

I just returned home from a great school with a great fan base with a really strong team that is well coached. That team deserved to win a game that was fair and just. So did the other team! Both teams are made up of kids playing a sport where the team that plays the best should win. Tonight the refs at TCA tarnished a game that should have been great. BTW deserved to play a fair game where they had the same chance to win as TCA. The refs tonight took that away and it disgraced the game of basketball. For anyone to say that game was fair and was called just, you are just as much the problem as the refs tonight. I'm not saying BTW or TCA deserved to win, I'm saying they both deserved a game that was decided by the play on the court fairly. So congratulations TCA you move on to the championship and sectionals those kids played a good game and won the game.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen you post this on two different sites. I too attended the game as an unbiased outside observer because of the hype of this game. Did officials make mistakes --- yes. Did I think they were slanted to TCA----absolutely not. Would be interested in specific calls you are talking about that "tarnished the game". At one point in the game the fouls were 7-2 in favor of BTW. I thought refs took Hall kid out of game with 2nd foul in first quarter that was questionable. I do remember one call in 4th quarter that I thought foul should have been called on TCA and they ended up getting ball out of bounds - that was the only questionable call I can remember. The charge at the end of the game was definitely a charge and should be called if first play in first quarter or last play of the game.

I agree it was a great game with two great teams but these rants about BTW not having the same "chance" to win as TCA----I did not see other than the fan base....I do think playing at home in front of that crowd was a definite advantage.

I know that it was a disappointing loss to BTW but would love to hear your specifics as to when the officials threw the game.

It doesn't really matter at the point for you to try and justify by saying BTW got calls in the 1st half and TCA got them late in the game tells the entire story. If I was TSSAA or anyone else I would want TCA and their 5000 fans to BTW and their 50 fans. I have the tape I will post it on youtube later. At this point Memphis has a much bigger battle they should be fighting. The injustice of having 14 teams in 16A next year where the rest of the state has a max of 9. in AAA Memhphis and Shelby county has 3 district 14AAA with 6 15AAA with 7 and 16AAA with 7. 16AA will have 10 teams in one district loosing their 15AA District next year.

Edited by Nodoginthwhunt

It doesn't really matter at the point for you to try and justify by saying BTW got calls in the 1st half and TCA got them late in the game tells the entire story. If I was TSSAA or anyone else I would want TCA and their 5000 fans to BTW and their 50 fans. I have the tape I will post it on youtube later. At this point Memphis has a much bigger battle they should be fighting. The injustice of having 14 teams in 16A next year where the rest of the state has a max of 9. in AAA Memhphis and Shelby county has 3 district 14AAA with 6 15AAA with 7 and 16AAA with 7. 16AA will have 10 teams in one district loosing their 15AA District next year.

You would not have a 14 team class A district next season if you did not have so many start up charter schools in Shelby County. Memphis created the mess, deal with your own mess.

To solve your problem, take your 14 team district and divide it up into two divisions or sub districts. Play each team in your division twice and each team in the other division once. Play two sub district tournaments with each one advancing 2 teams to a semi final round district tournament format. There you have it. A very simple solution to your problem of an oversized district. You can send me check anytime for solving your issue.

Why should Memphis have to do the job every school in Tennessee is paying TSSAA to do? Every three years TSSAA realigns the districts. What trips should you make 15aa and 16aa have always been in Memphis so now with more teams you take one district away. But I have found you guys will justify anything to fit your needs. It is amazing how grown folks don't think all kids deserve a fair chance. As long as your kids have a chance dam the rest, especially the kids in Memphis. What Memphis should do is put more into their own city tournament and pull out of TSSAA.

Why should Memphis have to do the job every school in Tennessee is paying TSSAA to do? Every three years TSSAA realigns the districts. What trips should you make 15aa and 16aa have always been in Memphis so now with more teams you take one district away. But I have found you guys will justify anything to fit your needs. It is amazing how grown folks don't think all kids deserve a fair chance. As long as your kids have a chance dam the rest, especially the kids in Memphis. What Memphis should do is put more into their own city tournament and pull out of TSSAA.

Design your own Memphis athletic association where recruiting is legal and everyone has to play everyone. There is enough high schools in Memphis to make it successful.....

You would not have a 14 team class A district next season if you did not have so many start up charter schools in Shelby County. Memphis created the mess, deal with your own mess.

To solve your problem, take your 14 team district and divide it up into two divisions or sub districts. Play each team in your division twice and each team in the other division once. Play two sub district tournaments with each one advancing 2 teams to a semi final round district tournament format. There you have it. A very simple solution to your problem of an oversized district. You can send me check anytime for solving your issue.

I personally am ok with 16A having 15 teams next year. I look at it this way, there might be 14 "schools" in that district, but let's be honest, there will only really be 5, maybe 6 teams that could even play dead in a cowboy movie. Its not like there will be a boatload of teams fighting for only 4 spots come district tourny time... If Memphis would actually zone their schools and not have open enrolment, maybe they wouldn't have to shuffle so many school between classifacations every four years.

Oh and I actually love your sub-district idea.

Edited by crazzyness