Double AA substate games

swipper

Dang it! Why don't the rest of those inferior teams in AA step aside and give Grainger the state championship it has already earned? LOL I'm sure Grainger has a very good team and a great group of young ladies playing on that team, but an undefeated regular season earns you nothing but, 'an undefeated regular season'. Your team may walk away with the gold ball, but until they do, there are fifteen more teams that are your "equals". As an added note: I don't remember that any team from District 8 has been rated #1 this season and will probably not win a gold ball this year, but put that team in this district and see how many #1, undefeated seasons you have.

Actually Cannon County from 8AA was ranked #1 in the polls early on.

Edited by woodvegas

Here are my picks. B)

Elizabethton. (Any one else notice that Grainger got destroyed by them tonight?)

CAK (going on a gut feeling here)

McMinn Central (will be a very close game. Cannon will not be able to handle the round house)

Livingston Academy (will be a 20+ point game)

Creek Wood ( just a guess)

CPA ( just a guess)

Covington (won't be a close game)

Westview (know that they are always a tough team. Put my Chargerettes out at state a few years back)

I do believe McMinn Central is the favorite but I'm not sure playing in the round house is any worse than playing at Livingston. Cannon has played several close games this year, some they won and some they lost. Sissom has played a couple of games in the glass house in the Boro. I think it will take Cannon's best effort coupled with a little luck to come out on top though. Cannon's best hope may be McMinn's overconfidence playing at home.

I do believe McMinn Central is the favorite but I'm not sure playing in the round house is any worse than playing at Livingston. Cannon has played several close games this year, some they won and some they lost. Sissom has played a couple of games in the glass house in the Boro. I think it will take Cannon's best effort coupled with a little luck to come out on top though. Cannon's best hope may be McMinn's overconfidence playing at home.

That's a very good point 'woodvegas'. I've been to Livingston during tournament time, (Will be there this Monday night for boy's substate) and I must say it's just ridiculously hard to play there. I believe that's why Central and Livingston fans have so much respect for each other. We're mirror images of each other. Lot's of tradition, passion, and success. Livingston. I don't "like 'em", but I respect 'em. ;)

It will be a good game...I'm just saying its got to be the loudest gym in the state...especially when it comes to sub-state. I have not been to Livingston...or Cannon County at that...but I just find it hard to believe that there's a tougher atmosphere than our roundhouse. Of course...I am very biased...and just a fan that wants his team to win. All I know is that I have a sub state ticket with my name on it...and I'm ready to see the show down. :popcorneater:

Edited by chargerfanforlife

Hey BEARCLAW, several years ago, my team went 33-0 during the regular season, district and region tournaments, and sub-state....then we got to Murfreesboro and bounced in the first round by Livingston Academy. I thought my team was the best in the state that year too.....

It can and does happen. No one is assured of anything. Gotta play like it's the last game every time.

Hey BEARCLAW, several years ago, my team went 33-0 during the regular season, district and region tournaments, and sub-state....then we got to Murfreesboro and bounced in the first round by Livingston Academy. I thought my team was the best in the state that year too.....

That GC team was for real. They came through a very tough district 13 to get there. Westveiw, also from district 13, made it to the semi-final round. You just happened to meet a very good LA team that peaked at the perfect time. After having to hit a shot at the buzzer to beat Walker Valley in the sectional, LA improved from a very good team to a great one. Almost any other year, that GC team would have won the gold ball with an undefeated team! GC got even in 08-09 when they destroyed us in the fourth quarter to win the gold ball. That was a great GC team.

That GC team was for real. They came through a very tough district 13 to get there. Westveiw, also from district 13, made it to the semi-final round. You just happened to meet a very good LA team that peaked at the perfect time. After having to hit a shot at the buzzer to beat Walker Valley in the sectional, LA improved from a very good team to a great one. Almost any other year, that GC team would have won the gold ball with an undefeated team! GC got even in 08-09 when they destroyed us in the fourth quarter to win the gold ball. That was a great GC team.

Eh, it was a sickening feeling when we got thumped in the first round. We really thought that year was going to be our first gold ball at Gibson. We had all ingredients that year for a state championship team. The Katrina Beechboard(spelling?) girl killed us in that game.

Funny how these discussions always allow one team to trash talk another. Don't think I've hinted that the Lady Grizzlies were the best team in the state, although for my two cents they are. Knowing all the Lady Grizzlies and their coaches, I don't need a trip to Middle Tennessee nor a gold ball to make me more proud of them than ANY team in the state. It's tough to watch a great team get this close to state and have to go home, but it is what it is. In any game that is played one team wins and one looses. The good thing is there is always next year. I'm sure there are posters who will follow up with their childish comments, but that changes nothing. It does, however, show where the true class is.

Grainger got "destroyed". Give me a break. They got beat by 15. At least 8 of those 15 points came from intentional fouls at the end of the game and had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Elizabethton's abilities. I guess all the rest of you who didn't make it to #1 in the state have to do something to make yourself feel like you are our equals. Enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling it gives you. Maybe after you get your hats handed to you tomorrow night you can just live on those fuzzy feelings until next season. Maybe you can be us at some point in your hardwood career.

Funny how these discussions always allow one team to trash talk another. Don't think I've hinted that the Lady Grizzlies were the best team in the state, although for my two cents they are. Knowing all the Lady Grizzlies and their coaches, I don't need a trip to Middle Tennessee nor a gold ball to make me more proud of them than ANY team in the state. It's tough to watch a great team get this close to state and have to go home, but it is what it is. In any game that is played one team wins and one looses. The good thing is there is always next year. I'm sure there are posters who will follow up with their childish comments, but that changes nothing. It does, however, show where the true class is.

All the other teams that are not your equals?