This is a Soap Opera at Ridgeway WOW! SIT DOWN

Galilee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach and AD need to be fired immediately if not sooner and Ridgeway needs to be banned from competing in high school post season tournaments for a minimum of 2 years. TSSAA needs to put a stop to this kind of blatant cheating by the Memphis schools. What kind of coach is this guy you know he had to know this ADULT was not an 18 year old kid!

And why not fire the principle, vice principle, janitor and Homeroom teacher? They had to know too.

Stop it Fanatic. You have no idea what the coanewer AD knew or did not know. And if the other players and students knew, what makes you think they would tell the school authorities? Did you do anything as a student that teachers, principle, coach or parents did not find out about? Are all the admin, staff, principle, AD, coaches, students or athletes at JC that perfect where they not hiding anything?

And why not fire the principle, vice principle, janitor and Homeroom teacher? They had to know too.

Stop it Fanatic. You have no idea what the coanewer AD knew or did not know. And if the other players and students knew, what makes you think they would tell the school authorities? Did you do anything as a student that teachers, principle, coach or parents did not find out about? Are all the admin, staff, principle, AD, coaches, students or athletes at JC that perfect where they not hiding anything?

You hypocritical moron there is no way a coach doesn't know one of his players is 23 years old and married to another one of his player's mother!!. Keep your mouth shut otherwise you remove all doubt that you're a bigger fool than I thought. You need to take those bible verses off your profile its definitely not who you are. We don't play 23 year olds thats for sure. What about the kids that are sitting at home because of this blatant act of cheating? What about those kids Doug?

Edited by devilfanatic

Im just ready to hear the full truth after the full investigation, glad they found out about this now and not after ridgeway won state. From what I've been hearing around here in memphis the coaches and principal had no idea about it and they reported it to tssaa as soon as they found out. To make things worse, the adult stusdent in question sucked and wasnt even a starter or in regular rotation. I feel bad for the honest players (especially seniors) on that team whos entire season has gone down the drain

You hypocritical moron there is no way a coach doesn't know one of his players is 23 years old and married to another one of his player's mother!!. Keep your mouth shut otherwise you remove all doubt that you're a bigger fool than I thought. You need to take those bible verses off your profile its definitely not who you are. We don't play 23 year olds thats for sure. What about the kids that are sitting at home because of this blatant act of cheating? What about those kids Doug?

Absolutely on point. As a coach, I think I might know if one of my 8th graders was 17. Also, what a shame. No way that the coach doesn't get fired and if he were not to, it only looks bad on the school and the type of program they support. I see T$$AA coming down big on them as well. Feel bad for the future as well as players who had no part of this will face the consequences of such foolish actions by the coach, player, and associates.

COach Henning has like 4 state championships already. I'm quite sure he wouldn't jepordize a whole great season on a 22/23 benchwarmer. Anything is possible but i'm quite sure he didn't know and had anything to do with this. The sad part is the players like Burroughs-Cook who are good players that could have showcased their skills on a bigger stage won't get the opportunity...

Absolutely on point. As a coach, I think I might know if one of my 8th graders was 17. Also, what a shame. No way that the coach doesn't get fired and if he were not to, it only looks bad on the school and the type of program they support. I see T$$AA coming down big on them as well. Feel bad for the future as well as players who had no part of this will face the consequences of such foolish actions by the coach, player, and associates.

The difference between a 13 year old male to 17 year old male is much greater than the difference between a 17 and 22 year old.

The difference between a 13 year old male to 17 year old male is much greater than the difference between a 17 and 22 year old.

I was a coach on a high school team for several years and i promise you that i knew everything about my players. You cannot hide the fact that you're 23 and married to one of your teammates mother for very long. I guarantee you this coach knew something wasn't right with this and elected not to do anything about it. I feel bad for the players on this team that put all the sweat and hard work into a season to have it ended by ADULTS and for the teams that were put out and are sitting at home instead of having a shot at going to the state tournament. The responsibility is solely on the coaching staff and the AD period and there should be suspension, fines and loss of employment for the coach. We all know Memphis schools operate under different rules than the rest of us, but playing a 23 year old is crazy and for some of you to get on here and say he had no idea that he was 23 and married to one of his other players mother is asinine. Get real people!

The coach isnt gonna get fired because he did nothing wrong. If he had known all along y would he wait until they were this deep in the playoffs to report it to tssaa. The coach and the school reported the incident to tssaa themselves once they found out something wasnt right, it only came to light because the student got in trouble at school that morning and it was some issues once they contacted the gaurdian. He and his fake gaurdian/aunt/gf/wife or whatever made up a whole story about how his biological mother died and she was his legal gaurdian now to transfer him to ridgeway from louisiana. They had false transcripts from a real louisiana HS. How can u know everything about a transfer from out of state who lied and had seemingly followed all the guidelines for the transfer? So please someone who believes that the coach and administration knew about it and is responsible for a bench warmer throwing their whole season down the drain please explain why the school would wait till his team was this deep in the post season to decide to turn the info over to the tssaa if they had known about it??? The only ones who should be punished here are the adult student and his fake gaurdian and u clowns who are so quick to crucify everyone at the school with out knowing the facts. Unfortunately the innocent players and coaches have to suffer a season wasted and im sure the loser will run back to louisiana and continue his loser life...

This might be the craziest TN sports story I've ever heard. This is almost Manti Teo stuff right here!

Now come on, this type situation can happen to any team at any time because it is almost impossible to keep a real check on all tansfers. A coach would certainly hope that the player and the family were truthful, but one never knows and this is easy to hide.