Cheatham hosting East Literature

cheathamcubs13

Please stop saying this district is strong........What has that tough district produced......I'm listening.........I'll wait all night on your response. As a matter of fact, i'll wait 1 year on your response. And i'll get the same answer, in my opinion this one of the toughest districts in the state......rotflmao!District 14AA is strong. 6 out the last 9 state titles come from that district. 7 out of 10 after next week.

How can you say the district is not strong? CPA and East Nashville have made multiple state tournaments the last 5 years with a gold ball and a couple of silver. No one said it was the toughest district but that it was strong.

You need to get that chip off your shoulder before you hurt yourself. :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

in my opinion its been one of THE toughest districts in the state the past couple of years. i know for a fact that teams in 8 and 9th in this district who beat or almost beat teams that are first in other districts.

I agree totally. I am from 11AA district. Cheatham was by far the best team in 11AA and our region which is 12AA. I watched Creek Wood play East Lit early in the season. East Lit beat them 55-50. Other than Creek Woods point gaurd everyone on East Lit was way more athletic. CreekWood slowed it down. Tonight I was in the stands at Cheatham. Cheatham had the size advantage, but East Lit was just to athletic and fundamental at the quard positions. East Lit plays so much more quickness and athletic teams in their district. Cheathams pressure wasn't quick enough to cause any problems for East Lit. They are used to it and even more. I really was pulling for the Cubs. I graduated from their. I think what hurt Cheatham is the fact that they pretty much rolled through their district other than Creek Wood loss and it hurt them, I think because having to play less athlectic teams down the stretch. Yes they bea Giles and Spring Hill. But we all know 12AA was a notch down this year as well. Over all both teams were very well coached and either team deserved to win.

Please stop saying this district is strong........What has that tough district produced......I'm listening.........I'll wait all night on your response. As a matter of fact, i'll wait 1 year on your response. And i'll get the same answer, in my opinion this one of the toughest districts in the state......rotflmao!District 14AA is strong. 6 out the last 9 state titles come from that district. 7 out of 10 after next week.

how about the defending state champs who are also going back to state again this year and all their starters are juniors and younger and east has produced many good-great teams recently and not to mention maplewood about 2 years ago. I did not say toughest, because i know there are other districts that I don't know much (if anything) about and heads up CPA is headed to Cheatham county's district next year i believe.

how about the defending state champs who are also going back to state again this year and all their starters are juniors and younger and east has produced many good-great teams recently and not to mention maplewood about 2 years ago. I did not say toughest, because i know there are other districts that I don't know much (if anything) about and heads up CPA is headed to Cheatham county's district next year i believe.

No CPA going to 12AA next year with Giles Co and Spring Hill.

If you had told me that Holt would score only 13 tonight I would have bet heavily against East winning. They are a tough team, with tough players and a tough coach. Thought Cheatham (who I think is also a very solid team) would win at home, but knew that East was very dangerous. Would be interested in hearing the Cheatham analysis of the game.

I really hate it for tthe cubs. I was sitting in the stands 30 years ago when Cheatham beat Pearl-Cohn. And I was sitting there tonight. If I remember right they started Lovell, Daniels, Dansby, Majors and Plunkett. They won at the end with a messed up time out call. Back then Cheatham was AAA and got beat in the first round of state by Briarcrest that had John Wilfohng. He had 38 pts in the game. And Briarcrest went on to win the AAA state title beating Memphis Melrose --William Bedford and crew. Melrose warmed up with one of there PG's on a unicycle. It was cool.

Any way I was really expecting to go to the state tournament and watch and cheer on Cheatham. I really hate it for the boys. But it was a great season and nothing to be down about.

As for Howdoitknow2. I'm glad you will finally shut up!!!!!! It would be so much more pleasant for Cheatham if you would let their play do the talking. As it did all year.

Congrats to Cheatham on a great season.

Howdoitknow2 has been awful quiet since the game is over. Congrats to Cheatham on a great year!

I have heard talk the 12AA teams may not play CPA in basketball, which will be interesting if it plays out that way.

Now back to the game tonight Congrats to both squads as Cheatham Co. has had a heck of a year.

i know basketball was a big reason why 10AA wanted CPA out of here because we all know over here in 10AA that they recruit in one way or another, whether its legal or not. the next year after they got beat in region a couple years ago by greenbier, bradshaw (who was at greenbrier and their easily best scorer) moved all the way down to CPA and went there. alot of the teams were petitioning from playing them next year from what i have heard. which is why they decided to leave. I could be wrong, but this is what i have heard from a couple of people. Edited by knightsfan

I agree totally. I am from 11AA district. Cheatham was by far the best team in 11AA and our region which is 12AA. I watched Creek Wood play East Lit early in the season. East Lit beat them 55-50. Other than Creek Woods point gaurd everyone on East Lit was way more athletic. CreekWood slowed it down. Tonight I was in the stands at Cheatham. Cheatham had the size advantage, but East Lit was just to athletic and fundamental at the quard positions. East Lit plays so much more quickness and athletic teams in their district. Cheathams pressure wasn't quick enough to cause any problems for East Lit. They are used to it and even more. I really was pulling for the Cubs. I graduated from their. I think what hurt Cheatham is the fact that they pretty much rolled through their district other than Creek Wood loss and it hurt them, I think because having to play less athlectic teams down the stretch. Yes they bea Giles and Spring Hill. But we all know 12AA was a notch down this year as well. Over all both teams were very well coached and either team deserved to win.

yea really rolled by Waverly by 3 & 9 points. And to borrow a quote from your very own Joey enjoy baseball season.