Cheatham hosting East Literature

cheathamcubs13

Since we're all on a first name basis now Keith I'll let you know that nobody held up a Chevy sign at a game this year. A kid at CCCHS made a sign however it was taken down before the games even started that evening.

I didn't go to the game Joey, but I think name calling (outside of our first names) and profane statements are out of line. Do you disagree? I haven't used your first name on this thread by the way but mine is not a secret.

I am old school. I got out of these threads when they denegrated into juvenile and senseless oneupmanship. When my kid hit his first homerun and was trotting around the bases, I was the one yelling across the diamond to put your hands down and act like you've done this before. When he got to third base he reminded me that he hadn't done that before. Well, act like you have. That was how I was brought up. I am glad that Cheatham went as far as they did and as a long time 11AA fan, I was hopeful they could make it to state. Lord knows those opportunities have been far and few between. I think the boys and their coaches did a good job. I think your posts on basketball threads this year have detracted from that in my honest and humble opinion. Cubs had a great year and they'll be hard to handle next year as well. Sorry for the seniors and good luck to the underclassmen.

Since we're all on a first name basis now Keith I'll let you know that nobody held up a Chevy sign at a game this year. A kid at CCCHS made a sign however it was taken down before the games even started that evening.

And the original post has been deleted it appears. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you thought I was responding to you in some manner. I was not.

alot of the teams were petitioning from playing them next year from what i have heard. which is why they decided to leave. I could be wrong, but this is what i have heard from a couple of people.

Actually TSSAA was the reason for the move of CPA to 12AA, CPA wanted to stay in 10AA and appealed the move but the TSSAA denied their request.

So you both were wrong in your Boro picks. B)

I quit the Big Ones contests when I couldn't get over that 65% hump.

I don't mind a little trash talking amongst fans when it's thought out and well played. I still miss the Harpeth and Sycamore student section posts from 2006-2007. Coach T was really entertaining back in those days.

We all love papatiger because he is such a homer. He just changed homes.

Edited by ksgovols

Actually TSSAA was the reason for the move of CPA to 12AA, CPA wanted to stay in 10AA and appealed the move but the TSSAA denied their request.

That's true and Lewis County having a board member that facilitated putting them in a district that almost runs from Alabama to Kentucky left 12AA short on teams when Hickman, East Hickman and Fairview went to that district as well. It's not just one thing. Goodpasture also was positioned to drop back down to A and Cascade moved up to AA. While I'm not a fan of private schools getting a choice in DI or DII, the ones in public districts are going to be subject to gerrymandering when the districts are realigned every so often. Particularly when everybody gripes about travel distances, it just smells hypocritical to me.

Edited by ksgovols

I know the last team from 11AA to go to state was Waverly. Was in 88 or 98? It's been too long. There's some pretty good basketball played inside the district, but it has not translated to success in the post season for whatever reason. Now that TSSAA has blown up the district it'll be Waverly, Creekwood and Camden's district to lose 9 years out of 10. Same for Cheatham, Sycamore and Harpeth in the new 9AA. The old 11AA rivals won't have to meet until the substate round in the future if they can make it that far.

Waverly went to the state in 1998 and beat Austin East (who most picked to win it) by 20 points in the first round then lost to eventual champion Memphis Kingsbury in the semifinals. We won the regular season district championship that year, but lost in the district tournament before winning the region championship and substate. I agree Waverly and Creek Wood should be the favorites the next few years, but some other schools have some good young talent as well so you never know.

So you both were wrong in your Boro picks. B)

I quit the Big Ones contests when I couldn't get over that 65% hump.

I don't mind a little trash talking amongst fans when it's thought out and well played. I still miss the Harpeth and Sycamore student section posts from 2006-2007. Coach T was really entertaining back in those days.

We all love papatiger because he is such a homer. He just changed homes.

Yes I was wrong but I didn't run and hide for a week after my pick was eliminated.

I'm just trying to facilitate a reconciliation. Now that you were wrong..............and admittedly, easier to live with, papatiger might come out on his own terms. Remember, somebody called him out of hibernation. He didn't just pop in one day to see how things were going in 11AA. He's not even in Waverly anymore. You're going to miss him when we change districts. :thumb:

Edited by ksgovols

I just wanted to say, the people of Cheatham County were very hospitable and gracious. Which, unfortunately, is not always the case across the state. It was a great atmosphere! Coach Dawson has done a great job of turning things around! The kids at Cheatham showed great class and character! I expect they will be strong again next year and welcome to the region!

I just wanted to say, the people of Cheatham County were very hospitable and gracious. Which, unfortunately, is not always the case across the state. It was a great atmosphere! Coach Dawson has done a great job of turning things around! The kids at Cheatham showed great class and character! I expect they will be strong again next year and welcome to the region!

Thanks coach and good luck at state!