Riverdale transfers next year?

WCG

Who will they be? Saw the Riverdale coach in the stands yesterday after the Warriors played. He watched all the games yesterday. Scouting the new recruits. Things never change. I think they should be allowed to use the fans and cheerleaders from the schools that lost this years transfers. It's only fair since they cheered for them all their HS careers but didn't get the chance to watch them play for their school. TSSAA loves Riverdale since they are HQ'd in Mboro. You would think with all the $ being made by selling $4 Gatorades and $5 parking they could cover the windows so players could see the rim. Horrible playing conditions during the day. Peace out!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know but someone on another thread said they would like to see T$$AA start making you sit out 1 yr automatically of you transferred even if you change addresses. I d like to see that also except that some do move because of parents work or family situation changes. It would push it back to talent and coaching. As it should be but that's the world today. We teach our kids they are right no matter what and to receive not earn.

Don't know but someone on another thread said they would like to see T$$AA start making you sit out 1 yr automatically of you transferred even if you change addresses. I d like to see that also except that some do move because of parents work or family situation changes. It would push it back to talent and coaching. As it should be but that's the world today. We teach our kids they are right no matter what and to receive not earn.

If you did this no.Memphis school would ever be eligible as those kids change schools every year and down there you don't even need to move and you can play until you're 23 lol

Who will they be? Saw the Riverdale coach in the stands yesterday after the Warriors played. He watched all the games yesterday. Scouting the new recruits. Things never change. I think they should be allowed to use the fans and cheerleaders from the schools that lost this years transfers. It's only fair since they cheered for them all their HS careers but didn't get the chance to watch them play for their school. TSSAA loves Riverdale since they are HQ'd in Mboro. You would think with all the $ being made by selling $4 Gatorades and $5 parking they could cover the windows so players could see the rim. Horrible playing conditions during the day. Peace out!

The current rules just penalize the honest and I'm with you on the parking and concession fees...heck its as bad as going to the movies...but then again somebody has to pay for the $166,000 Executive Director.

http://www.timesfree...ve/?sportspreps

In this, it says the move was job-related then the possibility of going to Riverdale came about. It could probably never be proved if the basketball part was first.

Lewis was tentative when her mother, Tara Short, first mentioned the possibility of moving to Murfreesboro for a job, but she perked up when the idea of playing at Riverdale was brought up. She had previous friendships with Riverdale players Tyisha Petty and Olivia Jones.

What's sad is that her former team went on the road and played a good game against Livingston in the sectional, if they'd had her still it might have been enough to get them to the state. She already had Division I offers before going to Murfreesboro so getting more college exposure wasn't part of it.

Edited by Indian

Not a fan of the concession stand prices myself, but I'm pretty sure that money goes to the university, not the TSSAA. The same is true of the parking I would assume.

I am shocked. I thought only the private schools were a problem due to transfers. You mean the public schools might also not be involved? Say it isn't so. Now, seriously, we live in a very highly competive sports oriented world. Fans demand it, parents propogate it, kids like it. So, if parents and their kids want to play for a certain school or coach, they will find a way. How do you stop it without infringing on their freedom? There are way too many accusations being hurled at schools when, in fact, the families are deciding where they want to play.

This is sour grapes. Let's penalize a girl her senior season of high school because her mom takes a job in a city almost two hours away. That is the lamest thing I've ever heard. As far as prices are concerned, parking, tickets, etc...You get to watch 6 games for the combined price of 15 dollars. That sounds pretty cheap to me. The state tournament is one time a year. Fork out the money and move on.

Some states allow an athlete to make one transfer during the four years without being penalized. I like that policy, as I see nothing wrong with transferring. Kids transfer for academic reasons and are still eligible to graduate with honors or even as valedictorians. Kids should be happy, and many times coaches get accused of recruiting when in actuality it is the program itself that attracts a family and not the coach. My daughter was heartbroken after her coach left her sophomore year. She wanted to transfer immediately. If I had had the means to do so, we would have transferred. I just don't see penalizing a kid. Also, it's funny that every program that becomes successful, people start crying and complaining about recruiting. When my son played at Bradley, they were in state every year and dominated the area. Naturally all the basketball players wanted to go to Bradley, and Bradley County does not have a zoning policy. However, the local schools began yelling about recruiting!,,, I mean seriously? What ball player who was serious about the sport would not have wanted to play for Kent Smith or Jack Harlow. Again, maybe we should allow one free transfer then make the athlete sit out.....