Brentwood vs. Blackmon

terop

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm can't say I'm surprised as I didn't know much about either team. Will be tough challenge for Brentwood to contain Southwind's Big Three. I know alot of teams have depth, but Southwind has D1 Depth. Deckie Johnson carried the Jags while Jajuan struggled.

If Brentwood hits alot of threes they could stay in the game similiar to OR, but they gotta maintain that hot hand through out the game. I expect J3 to see alot of traps and doubles in the paint, Jajuan and Husley with big games from the perimeter. Watch for Mieron Hardy this game.

Go Jags.

Terrible coaching job by Blackman in second half. What's with holding the ball? Don't get it. Thompson did not play well in the fourth quarter. Very costly turnovers. I thought Blackman looked like a title team in the first half, but Brentwood took it to them in the second.

Holding the ball was a stroke of genius!!!Blackman's coaches must have been at the Trinity Christian vs. Booker T. Washington game in last years regionals when Coach Horton held the ball and outsmarted Northcutt and his Lions.Only the gutsiest coaches in the land have the stones and the smarts to pull victory from the jaws of defeat using this technique,and it almost worked again!!! Before I get raked...I hope everyone can sense my sarcasm...the most epic failures in the history of sports are from fear of competition,and that's the only reason to hold the ball after playing to a big lead.

Blackman did not play a good game. Blackmans outside game was nonexistent in this game unfortunately and that hasn't happened all year. Typically, Dowdy or Rogan will be hitting their 3's and take the scoring load off of Darius, Q, and Coleman. Neither of them were ready for the moment. I did not like Blackmans coaches strategy in the 2nd half. When brentwood started pressing, blackman should have started running. Blackman is a better uptempo team than a slow down team but Blackman was too cautious against the press. Also, the fact that Blackman beat Brentwood by 30 earlier in the year and was up 18 at halftime I believe played in to their head and they thought they had it won and did not come to play in the 2nd half. You can not do that in the state tournament. Unfortunately Blackman will not get the chance to prove it was not overrated against Southwind. I watched Southwind today and it would have been a tough challenge but if Southwind got the real Blackman, it could contend with Southwind. We would have had a problem with JW3's size though. That kid was really good. I believe that Brentwood will be content winning a game in the state tournament and go down easy Friday. I also believe Siegel(a team Blackman beat 4 times this year) will beat Dyer county and then lose to Southwind in the final.

Blackman did not play a good game. Blackmans outside game was nonexistent in this game unfortunately and that hasn't happened all year. Typically, Dowdy or Rogan will be hitting their 3's and take the scoring load off of Darius, Q, and Coleman. Neither of them were ready for the moment. I did not like Blackmans coaches strategy in the 2nd half. When brentwood started pressing, blackman should have started running. Blackman is a better uptempo team than a slow down team but Blackman was too cautious against the press. Also, the fact that Blackman beat Brentwood by 30 earlier in the year and was up 18 at halftime I believe played in to their head and they thought they had it won and did not come to play in the 2nd half. You can not do that in the state tournament. Unfortunately Blackman will not get the chance to prove it was not overrated against Southwind. I watched Southwind today and it would have been a tough challenge but if Southwind got the real Blackman, it could contend with Southwind. We would have had a problem with JW3's size though. That kid was really good. I believe that Brentwood will be content winning a game in the state tournament and go down easy Friday. I also believe Siegel(a team Blackman beat 4 times this year) will beat Dyer county and then lose to Southwind in the final.

I can see your predictions happening...I think Brentwood doesn't stand a chance, but who knows? If Dyer plays like they did today they will lose to Siegel..Honestly, SW impressed me a ton more than any team i saw play today, period. If they play there game nobody stands a chance.

I can see your predictions happening...I think Brentwood doesn't stand a chance, but who knows? If Dyer plays like they did today they will lose to Siegel..Honestly, SW impressed me a ton more than any team i saw play today, period. If they play there game nobody stands a chance.

I agree SS. I heard from a lot of posters on here that the they weren't well coached.....BULL!!

I was very impressed with all of their fundamentals, pre-game drills and calm workman like approach. THEY WIN IT ALL.

Blackman Blaze were not overated. 30-1 speaks for itself. Great season.

I think Blackman was overrated......30-1 is usually misleading in Middle TN, especially when you look at their (Blackman's) schedule. Very soft. They played like they have not been in a close game. They looked very nervous towards the end. And Brentwood's coach put a clown suit on Blackman's coach.