Day 1 Ramblings from State!

BigENS

After watching a few of the games yesterday I came away with a couple of thoughts.

1. Southwind should win this tournament easily and not have a game within 15 points.

2. Blackmon, what a let down! Up 18 at half and play scared/stupid the rest of the way.

3. Congrats to Brentwood and Coach King, HUGE WIN!

4. Also congratulations to the second oldest HS player in TN (outside of the kid from Ridgeway). Asa Duvall for hitting the biggest shot of his long HS career. After transferring from BA due to financial hardships (Dad builds MANSIONS all over Williamson Co?) Duvall takes Coach King one step closer to that elusive title.

5. Hats off to Oak Ridge. Well coached team who played with a ton of heart.

6. Dyer Co vs Hillsboro = HORRIBLE! Best thing from this game was Dyer Co smoking hot asst coach. Hubbs did not live up to the billing.

7. Maryville vs Siegel blah....

Look forward to hearing thoughts and observations.

just because this seemed like the most appropriate thread unless i start my own...

west TN is currently 4-0 with 2 games left...jackson south side will dominate and mitchell will most likely fall leaving us 5-1 in the opening round...

any other region close to that so far???

and no i wasnt impressed with dyer county...they shouldnt be there...but they are

just because this seemed like the most appropriate thread unless i start my own...

west TN is currently 4-0 with 2 games left...jackson south side will dominate and mitchell will most likely fall leaving us 5-1 in the opening round...

any other region close to that so far???

and no i wasnt impressed with dyer county...they shouldnt be there...but they are

You my friend are wrong! If you would have watched DC through the reg. season you would see why these boys are still playing. Number 1 ranked player in the state who is one of the most whole hearted kids you'll meet as well as most all of DC's roster. These boys play with heart and unselfishness. If the shots are falling they still find a way to win, thus they are still playing while others are home. Just because their shots don't fall doesn't mean you can take anything away from them by saying they don't deserve to be there.

You my friend are wrong! If you would have watched DC through the reg. season you would see why these boys are still playing. Number 1 ranked player in the state who is one of the most whole hearted kids you'll meet as well as most all of DC's roster. These boys play with heart and unselfishness. If the shots are falling they still find a way to win, thus they are still playing while others are home. Just because their shots don't fall doesn't mean you can take anything away from them by saying they don't deserve to be there.

dyer county would have lost by 20+ to ridgeway...fact...dyer co struggled to beat westview fact...not a very good team at all...dyer co barely got by bolivar central in a serious down year for the tigers fact...dyer co had plenty of issues beating jackson north side as well...to the tune of shooting 60 FTs in the game to win it by a few buckets...heck...DC got beat by munford of all teams...TWICE!!!

this is not the best DC team youve had...just because they are nice kids with "whole hearts" whatever that means in basketball terms...doesnt mean they can compete and beat the elite...

what DC did prove yesterday was that they do a whole lot of talking against a bunch of chump teams but still have yet to take down a top team in the state of TN...much less a memphis school

just be happy the fortunes fell ur way this year and u didnt have to play a substate game

I'll jump in on this convo.... Dyer Co. IS NOT unselfish... the only one who is unselfish is Hubbs. I've been to multiple Dyer Co. games this year where Hubbs has been open and someone else forces up a bad shot instead. I enjoyed watching Dyer Co. this year because not many teams play like them, but I still don't think they're the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best AAA team in the state.... dhs makes some valid points.... they did lose to Munford twice and lost to Houston (average Memphis AAA) by 11. If I were a DC fan, I'd be humble in the fact that you guys are lucky to be there.

I never said DC was the best team there nor the best in the state now did I? I know they aren't my point is that this team does what needs to be done to win at the right times.

Period fact of the matter is DC is playing tomorrow against Siegel if the shots don't fall they go home but I bet if shots are falling they'll be playin SW.

And obiously you should look at some stats to see how unselfish the DC squad is. Majority of game with all 5 starters in double figures.

No matter who the team is you can't say they don't deserve to be at sate when they have already made it to the final four.