What's going on at JCM?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think his firing had anything to do with on the field results. I know one of the assistants there and I'm sure he'll get a shot at getting the job. He's a great coach. I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he loves being at JCM. Goes on and on about the kids. He said he thought they'd have a good team this year. Didn't mention this though. The timing of this might have been a surprise. Anyway, good luck to JCM and whoever they hire.

Edited by bigorangefan911

I don't think his firing had anything to do with on the field results. I know one of the assistants there and I'm sure he'll get a shot at getting the job. He's a great coach. I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he loves being at JCM. Goes on and on about the kids. He said he thought they'd have a good team this year. Didn't mention this though. The timing of this might have been a surprise. Anyway, good luck to JCM and whoever they hire.

So your saying he was fired??? I suspect your probably right about it not being related to on the field performance as he definitely had the team going in the right direction. So if this is not the reason..... what is?????

Principal says he will have a new coach in place by next week according to a quote in the Jackson Sun. Personally, I think the coach and the principal must of had some sort of disagreement. You don't fire your head coach and get quoted saying you will have a new coach within a week unless you already had someone in mind. This is a very odd time of the year to fire your football coach. It reeks of what happened up at Humboldt to Bland. JMO

So your saying he was fired??? I suspect your probably right about it not being related to on the field performance as he definitely had the team going in the right direction. So if this is not the reason..... what is?????

Bigpurp.....remember the fired JCM coach got suspended for a game last season ( the Liberty game....prob the most important game of the season) for improper contact with middle school players (verbal contact, not physical) that might have had something to do with it...prob a culmination of things...

Bigpurp.....remember the fired JCM coach got suspended for a game last season ( the Liberty game....prob the most important game of the season) for improper contact with middle school players (verbal contact, not physical) that might have had something to do with it...prob a culmination of things...

Illegal recruiting?

I do remember there being a thread on here about something like that!! Good to hear from you coach!!!

Any rumors on new coach?

No, interviews start today or yesterday. So basically no names have floated around yet. JCM will probablt struggle on finding a coach due to where the high school is located in Jackson and the lack of intrest. But whoever is there will get some skill players that are young. Example: Terrance Kinnie, Tydarious Tyson, Malic Clark, Jacob Chandler, Dennis Jones, and Ben Whiclin all class of 2015, and all of them are dangerous playmakers. JCM is a young team.