What's going on at JCM?

This information couldn't be further from the truth!!! Not sure if Coach Mac is in the running for the head coach position at JCM, but I do know that he calls all of the offensive plays. It is my understanding that he and Coach Vowell rarely even communicate with each other during the game. Coach Mac calls the offense and Coach Vowell calls the defense. If he is going to JCM, JCM is getting a great coach!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This information couldn't be further from the truth!!! Not sure if Coach Mac is in the running for the head coach position at JCM, but I do know that he calls all of the offensive plays. It is my understanding that he and Coach Vowell rarely even communicate with each other during the game. Coach Mac calls the offense and Coach Vowell calls the defense. If he is going to JCM, JCM is getting a great coach!

Oh, I didn't know that he was the o coord. I was under the impression a new coach was calling it after the Jacobs kid went to trenton

When Jacobs was at North Side, he called the offense from the sideline, while Mac was in the pressbox.

Now Jacobs is at Trenton calling defense, Mac is at North Side calling the offense from the sidelinem and Glover is calling the offense from the pressbox. (Glover was at McNairy Central on the fall of 2011)

Mac is the front-runner for the job at JCM. However If the JCM players called Vowell to come to JCM, Vowell will reject the offer quick. But Mac is the front-runner for the job.

Basically North Side is now "Tab Vowell University"

When Jacobs was at North Side, he called the offense from the sideline, while Mac was in the pressbox.

Now Jacobs is at Trenton calling defense, Mac is at North Side calling the offense from the sidelinem and Glover is calling the offense from the pressbox. (Glover was at McNairy Central on the fall of 2011)

Mac is the front-runner for the job at JCM. However If the JCM players called Vowell to come to JCM, Vowell will reject the offer quick. But Mac is the front-runner for the job.

Not how I heard it. I heard NS coaches were calling JCM kids to try to get them to come over there! Hopefully know something on direction of JCM in next few days going into Spring Break

Mac has always called the offensive plays! Mac called the plays from the box and Jacobs signaled them in to the team! Mac actually went to the sideline and started calling the plays during the 2011 season! He's been signaling his own plays since then. Glover was the spotter in the box. Mac rarely even wore headsets during the game. Didn't you guys read the article in the Jackson Sun about how Mac listens to music while he calls the game from the sideline?

Mac has always called the offensive plays! Mac called the plays from the box and Jacobs signaled them in to the team! Mac actually went to the sideline and started calling the plays during the 2011 season! He's been signaling his own plays since then. Glover was the spotter in the box. Mac rarely even wore headsets during the game. Didn't you guys read the article in the Jackson Sun about how Mac listens to music while he calls the game from the sideline?

Yes i did, but here is the deal. Mac is the O-Cord, Ryan Scott is the WR's coach, Tony Bonds is the O-Line coach. On defense, Vowell is the D-Cord and has the linebackers, Turner has the D-Line, and Glover is the backs coach. Glover also helps out with Mac on the offense, so Glover is a coach that can do anything (except for the line) and does a great job doing that. Davis came in mid September and does the Outside Linebackers and Vowell has the Inside Backs. Glover and Vowell do the Special teams. That is basically the coaching staff and what their job is. Glover is in the box doing everything, but most relies on the Safety's/Corners. So Slapper, your right. And I don't believe it when ya'll are saying North Side call JCM and told them to play over at NS. Believe it when I see it.

I don't think his firing had anything to do with on the field results. I know one of the assistants there and I'm sure he'll get a shot at getting the job. He's a great coach. I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he loves being at JCM. Goes on and on about the kids. He said he thought they'd have a good team this year. Didn't mention this though. The timing of this might have been a surprise. Anyway, good luck to JCM and whoever they hire.

Josh Puckett would be a good hire. He has plenty of experience, has been a coordinator, and served as the interim coach at one point in time if memory serves me correctly. I believe he would continue to turnaround that has been started at JC-M.