2013 4A Top 10

OldDoc

Who is the coach now at Lipscomb after their head coach passed. I am just wondering if the Mustangs will have a new look offensively and defensively?? Is it someone with a new philosophy???

Coach Scott Tillman who has been on the staff there for a long time. I imagine they'll still be Wing-T and run the trap, buck, and rocket offensively. I also imagine they'll still be a 40 Monster defensively and slant the front/play cover 2 in the secondary.

I know Fulton is the "Favorite" in 4A. Bur I'm really curious to see whats going on in District 15AA. Liberty (Semifinal team lost to Covington), Covington (State Runner-up) and Jackson North Side (5A Semifinal team lost to Beech last year) all in one district. That district would be exciting to watch.

I know Fulton is the "Favorite" in 4A. Bur I'm really curious to see whats going on in District 15AA. Liberty (Semifinal team lost to Covington), Covington (State Runner-up) and Jackson North Side (5A Semifinal team lost to Beech last year) all in one district. That district would be exciting to watch.

I would say that Liberty is probably the preseason favorite in that district with what they have coming back and given the fact that North Side and Covington both lost so much. But both of those teams have great coaches and will no doubt have some talent and be hard to handle. Anything can happen.

District 16AA is no slouch either with the addition of Craigmont along with Trezevant in 4A. Not to mention that Sheffield will be a force as well. It will be interesting to say the least.

• Upvote 1

I would say that Liberty is probably the preseason favorite in that district with what they have coming back and given the fact that North Side and Covington both lost so much. But both of those teams have great coaches and will no doubt have some talent and be hard to handle. Anything can happen.

Do not under estimate JCM, they are the only 3A team in this district. Have D1 talent on this team and a seasoned staff with Coach Taylor. Heard they are much stronger from the weight room also. Look for a more physical, hard hitting team than in the recent past.

Do not under estimate JCM, they are the only 3A team in this district. Have D1 talent on this team and a seasoned staff with Coach Taylor. Heard they are much stronger from the weight room also. Look for a more physical, hard hitting team than in the recent past.

No doubt JCM will be talented. Its just that I saw the level they were on last year and know what top tier teams look like in AA ball. JCM has a long way to go to be the type of team that makes a serious, deep run in the playoffs. I think they are very capable of making the playoffs and maybe winning their first rd game depending on who they draw. But any more than that and I will be surprised, but hey... I hope I am surprised!!! :mrgreen:

No doubt JCM will be talented. Its just that I saw the level they were on last year and know what top tier teams look like in AA ball. JCM has a long way to go to be the type of team that makes a serious, deep run in the playoffs. I think they are very capable of making the playoffs and maybe winning their first rd game depending on who they draw. But any more than that and I will be surprised, but hey... I hope I am surprised!!! :mrgreen:

Time will tell....by the way Milan is in 3A, could by interesting....not the same JCM team, you have to be close to the team to understand....there will be plenty of witnesses this year.

'kwc'

District 16AA is no slouch either with the addition of Craigmont along with Trezevant in 4A. Not to mention that Sheffield will be a force as well. It will be interesting to say the least.

'kwc' ive got to agree with you...everyone knows their area team/teams but always forget the the Mempho teams

The Elizabethton Cyclones will be making waves in the 4A ranks this year. They have been in the final four, 3 out of the last 4 years in 3A and will make a run this year. They are returning a 2000+ yard rusher and a top QB. Big Linemen and good skill players. Going to be a fun season.

4a is still a different beast than 3a. Granted 3a has a few hard hitters but the games leading up to the semis in 3a are far easier than 4a. Don't beat your drums just yet ole Betsy.

The Elizabethton Cyclones will be making waves in the 4A ranks this year. They have been in the final four, 3 out of the last 4 years in 3A and will make a run this year. They are returning a 2000+ yard rusher and a top QB. Big Linemen and good skill players. Going to be a fun season.

This devils fan knows what Elizabethton is capable of. As far as NE Tn 4A goes, Greeneville and Elizabethton will be thorns in each others sides. Two great schools with tons of history together. Doesnt get much better then that. Is it football season yet!!!!!