BCAT unsigned senior games at MTCS WHAT A JOKE!

4changes

First of all dctiger who do you think you are to say who got to play or not!!! The boys were there to get equal playing time (thats what they were told and thats what you were told) this was the purpose of the showcase!!! Second, if you think your "post" player was better than WC post player you are really sad! Let me guess dctiger this is as good as it will get for you right? You don't have the capablilites to go further in your career as a coach so you have to brag and showcase your boys to somehow make you feel adequate! The truth of the matter is my son has already decided where he is going, we were told by our coach to go and see who was there and keep our options open but in the big scheme of things there were no coaches there that mattered. So why am I so upset? Because YOU purposely didn't play the 2 WC players. But you just keep on defending yourself, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lol.. I didn't know coach was on the sidelines using his phone to post on coacht during games all season! Shame on you dc, how'd you get away with that all this time.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all dctiger who do you think you are to say who got to play or not!!! The boys were there to get equal playing time (thats what they were told and thats what you were told) this was the purpose of the showcase!!! Second, if you think your "post" player was better than WC post player you are really sad! Let me guess dctiger this is as good as it will get for you right? You don't have the capablilites to go further in your career as a coach so you have to brag and showcase your boys to somehow make you feel adequate! The truth of the matter is my son has already decided where he is going, we were told by our coach to go and see who was there and keep our options open but in the big scheme of things there were no coaches there that mattered. So why am I so upset? Because YOU purposely didn't play the 2 WC players. But you just keep on defending yourself, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Are you seriously ignorant enough to think that I was one of the coaches?! That tells me all I need to hear.

Also, in looking at the posts after yours, it looks like you are in the minority. Playing time WAS even until the last game. Quit whining.

And you're questioning DEKALB'S coaches abilities?! That's almost as foolish as thinking I was a coach. BOTH DeKalb coaches have gone farther in the post season than either WC coach, and our teams beat you many many more times than you beat us, which is pretty sad considering the much larger talent pool your school has. And just for the record, our district, despite being little ole AA, is better than yours in both boys AND girls.

WC post player is "better?" Really? Well think what you want. The records speak for themselves. 0-3 against DeKalb this year, twice by double digits on YOUR home floor without our best player. See you next season, my friend, expect more of the same!

ok whatever you say! You know everything! One player can't beat a team by himself. Futhermore, I agree WC coach is not good! But none of this has anything to do with Saturday! I am NOT the only person who saw the playing time was not equal I am just the only one saying anything! So think whatever you want to make you feel better. OH and one last thing so where is the two boys from Dekalb going to play college ball at???? For the record my son was not there playing Saturday he graduated last year and was offered basketball scholarships from Walters State, Bryan College, and a few more. So my comments are strictly based on what I saw when I was there Saturday. The facts are 1) Dekalb coaches should not have been allowed to coach their own teams. 2) Dekalb coaches purposely did not play the two WC players 3) The Dekalb players were by far not the best players on the court!!! END OF DISCUSSION

ok whatever you say! You know everything! One player can't beat a team by himself. Futhermore, I agree WC coach is not good! But none of this has anything to do with Saturday! I am NOT the only person who saw the playing time was not equal I am just the only one saying anything! So think whatever you want to make you feel better. OH and one last thing so where is the two boys from Dekalb going to play college ball at???? For the record my son was not there playing Saturday he graduated last year and was offered basketball scholarships from Walters State, Bryan College, and a few more. So my comments are strictly based on what I saw when I was there Saturday. The facts are 1) Dekalb coaches should not have been allowed to coach their own teams. 2) Dekalb coaches purposely did not play the two WC players 3) The Dekalb players were by far not the best players on the court!!! END OF DISCUSSION

The numbers don't lie my friend, even if they weren't the best there. They started, jumped out to leads, and had to clean up the mess the subs made in their EQUAL playing time. #20 from WC was the only player that should've been there, and guess what, he played the last game!

And no, despite "knowing everything" (your claim, not mine) I don't know where they will be playing ball, if they even will. I noticed that you said "your son," who somehow graduated last year now( more on that later), got offers but you never said he was playing. Where are the WC boys who were there playing ball?

I do find it odd that in one post "your son knew where he was going and the coaches told him to play anyways to keep his options open" and now he's a 2012 graduate.

Edited by dctiger

I was there and I saw the games. The playing time was even throughout and the last games were 5 minutes in length so it was situational like the end of a game. Something that many coaches look for when they recruit players. They probably didn't play your the Warren County kids because they weren't as good as the others pure and simple. Also, this is a free event that most kids would have to pay $50 to $100 to participate in so don't complain when they had the previous 1 hour and 45 minutes to prove to everyone they could play

Enough said. Hope you don't mind that I cut out some of the other stuff, myteam.

my son did graduate the one I was referring to is my step son (sorry for not saying "step"). I know Bryan college is looking at one of the WC players. As far as the other one can't say right now but will be in the paper soon. Should be in there after Saturday of this week. Not sure what "mess" you are referring to I saw several turn overs by the Dekalb players at one time the "big" post didnt even know which end of the court to be on. So you can't say all the "mess" was from the subs. And how do you get equal playing time when even the ref made the comment to the coaches "play the boys 5 minutes at a time thats what all the other teams are doing" I was standing right there when he said it and the Dekalb coaches wouldn't do it!!! I am not gonna just let you keep saying playing time was equal when in NO WAY it was!! It's just a straight up LIE to say otherwise.

as far as the comment "they had the previous 1 hr and 45 mins to prove to everyone they could play" lets break this down. 1st game they played 6 mins of 20 mins. 2nd game 6 mins of 20 mins. 3rd game 3 mins total 4th game NONE. Now this may be hard for you so get your calculator out and total that up...............15 minutes total playing time!!! Yep I bet they broke a sweat playing that much! I know the college coaches must have surely seen alot of their talent in 15 minutes of 4 games!!!! Yep your right!! My mistake! SMH!!!!!

Hahaha the ref that said that also said "but it's whatever you want to do." So please don't act like he was some authority that the coach trampled over.

Glad to hear that you think the people who have no stake in this argument are lying as well, because they agreed with me.

Also, we now have a stepson in the mix? How many stories are you going to tell? Either way, completely neutral parties were there, saw the PT was equal, and said that they way the five minute games were handled was the correct way. You're just whining now...

Look I could give a rats ........ what you believe or don't believe. I have no reason to lie, whine, whatever you want to say. It is what it is!!! Like I said whatever helps you sleep at night. When it's all said and done we will see who goes where and how far your so called "talent" from Dekalb goes. My point in all of this was very simple playing time wasn't fair and Dekalb coaches showed partiality to his players. Best of luck!!!

Ok I wasn't going to comment on this thread but I think I should say this: I was there Saturday and had a son there playing. It did seem like Dekalb coaches were playing his players more than the others. I just figured he was trying to help them out and get them some looks. I do think that maybe the guys over this shouldn't have let the coaches coach their players just to avoid this very thing where parents get upset. I know Dekalb and WC are rivials and would hate to think the Dekalb coaches deliberately didn't play WC players as much as his own. But who knows?? I was actually surprised to see Dekalb there at all, as I work in Dekalb and was told that none of the boys on the basketball team were going to try and play at the next level? I was disappointed that not many college coaches were there. When I went last year there were alot of coaches there and seemed to be much better than this year. Thats just my observation. :popcorneater: