Oak Ridge Opening?

springtime

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea, but I'm sure who ever they get will be an improvement. Froning has frustrated enough players and parents. If he taught his players anything, it's how NOT to lead and coach a team.

Seems you have been misinformed. From what i know of Froning he may not be a "great" coach, but i have heard from many parents that he is a great man. Why would you post this? The guy is leaving to spend more time with his family. Not a good post, at all.

Seems you have been misinformed. From what i know of Froning he may not be a "great" coach, but i have heard from many parents that he is a great man. Why would you post this? The guy is leaving to spend more time with his family. Not a good post, at all.

Who said he wasn't a "great man?" I said he wasn't a good coach or leader on the field. You obviously never stood or sit near the parents I have over the years, or talked to many of his former players/parents that went on to play college ball. Its one thing to have a kid or parent grip about not getting playing time, it's another to have four year letter winners and scholarship athletes to look back and say the negative things they say. I stand behind my post.

Who said he wasn't a "great man?" I said he wasn't a good coach or leader on the field. You obviously never stood or sit near the parents I have over the years, or talked to many of his former players/parents that went on to play college ball. Its one thing to have a kid or parent grip about not getting playing time, it's another to have four year letter winners and scholarship athletes to look back and say the negative things they say. I stand behind my post.

Good for you. Opinions are like you know whats, everybody has one. You can't please everybody.

Edited by SweetScience

What a twit you are Karns Baseball! I have known Froning for years and know the program well. He is a great coach who gets more out of limited baseball talet than many of his competitors. Dont post on things that you are only hearing about second hand from some disgruntled parent of the past.

I have heard for years that there are no talented or less talented athletes in Oak Ridge.....which is a shame that coaches would tell players that .....While they are going to a school with State Championships in every Boy sport except Baseball...... Oak Ridge baseball is constantly out coached.......... fresh blood in the program would have to be a plus.........I hope the school hires them a good coach ...........Is the coach at HVA a math teacher? He seams to be able to coach to his players strength's and change his game strategy accordingly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they go to Regionals last year or the year before? A lot of times it starts with feeder programs. Does Oak Ridge even have a middle school program? Are they any good? Young travel ball teams in the area? ect.

The coach at the most successful high school programs are like CEO's in that they oversee the middle school programs and youth travel programs.

Edited by cbg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they go to Regionals last year or the year before? A lot of times it starts with feeder programs. Does Oak Ridge even have a middle school program? Are they any good? Young travel ball teams in the area? ect.

Oak Ridge has never had a baseball team(s) @ the Middle School level or Junior High level when i was in school. I'm sure their are some travel ball teams, but not sure. I think you bring up a great point, though. I think not having baseball at the middle schools really hurts the program...Oak Ridge has just never put a lot into a baseball program, it has most always been about football here.