Makenzie Hensley sets TSSAA record

bob77

Teams like Lee and Cumberland could put it to quite a few Division I, NCAA teams. Lee played OVC runner up Tennessee Tech even in an exhibition and for a half, hung with Chattanooga. In women's basketball especially the division often doesn't mean a lot when it comes to a player's ability. When you start comparing to the Baylors and Tennessee's now there is a clear difference, before anyone mentions those type teams, but not so much in a lot of the mid major types.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams like Lee and Cumberland could put it to quite a few Division I, NCAA teams. Lee played OVC runner up Tennessee Tech even in an exhibition and for a half, hung with Chattanooga. In women's basketball especially the division often doesn't mean a lot when it comes to a player's ability. When you start comparing to the Baylors and Tennessee's now there is a clear difference, before anyone mentions those type teams, but not so much in a lot of the mid major types.

Agreed!

I agree, major D-1 is a totally different ball game. As good as the Upper Cumberland girls basketball has been over the years, I can only think of two players that I think COULD have played at that level that I saw. Upperman's Emily Christian and Jackson County's Andrea Davidson. They ended playing at Tn Tech and UNC Charlotte respectively. Beyond that level, I agree, it really does not matter. As long as you are happy with where you end up, that is all that matters.

Edited by bob77

I agree, major D-1 is a totally different ball game. As good as the Upper Cumberland girls basketball has been over the years, I can only think of two players that I think COULD have played at that level that I saw. Upperman's Emily Christian and Jackson County's Andrea Davidson. They ended playing at Tn Tech and UNC Charlotte respectively. Beyond that level, I agree, it really does not matter. As long as you are happy with where you end up, that is all that matters.

LA's Beechboard could be included on that list.---- I agree, the education and self satisfaction is what it's all about. I don't think anyone has to worry about this young lady, she'll do well with whichever choice she makes!

I could care less who is after this young lady. Just let the facts speak for themselves. 65.1% career field goal percentage for her entire career. If I read it correctly, that is 5th nationally all-time, not just this year. Wow, congrats to Bob77 on this young ladies outstanding career. I wish her well at the next level. Don't understand how anyone could take this thread and put any negativity into it. Again, Congrats to this outstanding young lady! That is my 2 cents from 5AA. Go Chargerettes.

LA's Beechboard could be included on that list.---- I agree, the education and self satisfaction is what it's all about. I don't think anyone has to worry about this young lady, she'll do well with whichever choice she makes!

I think if your gonna add Beechboard, you would need to add Marissa Hensley from Jackson Co (makenzie's older sister) She had some major programs looking at her before she chose Tech. They had similar stats, and had some great battles against each other.

As for negativity, you would have to ask sportslover88 about that. Seems like a jealous Westview fan that still isn't over the fact that we beat Westview in the state finals about 10 years ago. I'm over it though.

Edited by bob77

I think if your gonna add Beechboard, you would need to add Marissa Hensley from Jackson Co (makenzie's older sister) She had some major programs looking at her before she chose Tech. They had similar stats, and had some great battles against each other.

As for negativity, you would have to ask sportslover88 about that. Seems like a jealous Westview fan that still isn't over the fact that we beat Westview in the state finals about 10 years ago. I'm over it though.

Darn, I'm still mad at Westview from 1996, when they beat LA from the free throw line with no time left on the clock! I don't happen to agree with 'sportslover88' but he is entitled to his opinion. It may be hard for you to believe, but everyone is not jealous of Jackson Co.

Darn, I'm still mad at Westview from 1996, when they beat LA from the free throw line with no time left on the clock! I don't happen to agree with 'sportslover88' but he is entitled to his opinion. It may be hard for you to believe, but everyone is not jealous of Jackson Co.

I never said everyone was. I just looked at his past posts and noticed he talked about Westview. Just trying to come up with a reason for why he would come on a post congratulating my little sister for setting a state record, and talk about why he thinks she was not a D-1 player. Honestly at this point I could care less. I just did not like the way he choose to put down the young lady the way he did. It was uncalled for. But just go ahead and pile on.

Edited by bob77

• 2 weeks later...

All of this garbage makes me not want my children to play sports at the high school level. Good or bad, the kids play the game and NO ONE has the right to say ANYTHING about them. Suck it up, let go of your past, and let these kids play without making them feel bad about some post where you hide behind your screen name. I KNOW that you would not say these things about her to MY face so dont try to say them behind a screen name either. You know exactly who i am talking about (Sportslover88).

Good post owl25!

Why anyone would come on this thread and talk like that about Makenzie is beyond me. Congrats to Makenzie for being named First Team All UpperCumberland today.

On another note who came up with the Class A TSWA All state team? How was Makenzie not one of the top 13 players in Class A? She made the team last year, and her stats were better across the board this year. Just baffled by that. Thought the Reedy girl from Union City and the two sophomores from Clarkrange got robbed two. Just a surprising all state team.