Best Pitchers

Deion24

After hearing about MiMi Cartwright pitching a no hitter against Riverdale I would say she is top 5 in the state. Riverdale was on everyones radar as the best AAA team in the state at this point and Cartwright pitches a no hitter. This is the can anyone confirm this??? I heard the score was 5 to 1 anyone know how they scored if she pitched the no hitter?

I think Cartwright is a good pitcher and a versatile softball player but not top 5 pitcher. There are D1 pitchers in the state that are going to pitch at college and Cartright will see limited if anytime in college pitching

Didn't know what you did against Riverdale was the tale all measuring stick either.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20130408/SPORTS08/304080056/Goodpasture-no-hits-Riverdale-softball

I think Cartwright is a good pitcher and a versatile softball player but not top 5 pitcher. There are D1 pitchers in the state that are going to pitch at college and Cartright will see limited if anytime in college pitching

Didn't know what you did against Riverdale was the tale all measuring stick either.

http://www.dnj.com/a...erdale-softball

Cartwright isn't going to Lipscomb to pitch, but she's an excellent high school pitcher. Top 5? I don't know, But give credit where credit is due. She no-hit a perennial top 5 program in the state, and at this point in the season as well. They are 21-2 in arguably one of the toughest districts in the state. Was that not impressive? If your princess no hit Riverdale, I'd be typing the same thing. Why the haterade?

Edited by 2minutedrill

No hatetred at all.. Riverdale had 8 base runners on a no hitter. That is a crazy box score is all i'm saying.

Okay I have been following your post and now I'm gonna have to call you out. You posted about your Ashton Edwards as one of the top five in the state or best pitchers, but yet you say Cartwright isn't ??? According to a Riverdale parent they haven't had a no hitter pitched against them in like 70 games or longer. Also I watched your pitcher pitch to 9 batters only and then come out against Goodpasture why would that be didn't wanna hurt those great stats you say she has?? By the way Cartwright finished and Goodpasture beat you. For anyone to pitch a no hitter against Riverdale is a real accomplishment. Now about those base runners I hear thru the grapevine the strikezone was very small for both teams and a passed ball have up the run. Please let me know when your pitcher goes up against a all state program and pitches a no hitter, and stop being so biased makes ya sound kinda cheesy!!

Got a lot of questions there Guru..

Not cheesy at all. Our pitcher came out against Goodpasture because it was a pool game... Had not been for error, goodpasture would have lost, those are the facts. our number 2 held goodpasture scoreless until extra innings.. cartwright didn't hold richland to a no hitter, so that make us better than riverdale? of course not.. i dont think this riverdale team is as good as past teams. that is my opinion and time will tell.

and to let you know richland beat gibbs this past weekend. was it a no hitter? no, but when did no hitter be the only stat that mattered in a game? I do believe they won AA state last year over goodpasture. just saying..

We will play anybody in the state in classification. playing trinity and walker this weekend, good chance of playing beech saturday. Already asked to play top teams in coffee classic.

playing better teams make you better, we just trying to get to the boro, where we wont have to play goodpasture, riverdale, coffee, baylor, walker, insert higher classification team here _________

Got a lot of questions there Guru..

Not cheesy at all. Our pitcher came out against Goodpasture because it was a pool game... Had not been for error, goodpasture would have lost, those are the facts. our number 2 held goodpasture scoreless until extra innings.. cartwright didn't hold richland to a no hitter, so that make us better than riverdale? of course not.. i dont think this riverdale team is as good as past teams. that is my opinion and time will tell.

and to let you know richland beat gibbs this past weekend. was it a no hitter? no, but when did no hitter be the only stat that mattered in a game? I do believe they won AA state last year over goodpasture. just saying..

We will play anybody in the state in classification. playing trinity and walker this weekend, good chance of playing beech saturday. Already asked to play top teams in coffee classic.

playing better teams make you better, we just trying to get to the boro, where we wont have to play goodpasture, riverdale, coffee, baylor, walker, insert higher classification team here _________

Okay Gibbs is your claim to fame this year thats great! Historically good program, but what if I was to tell you that there pitcher last year was a senior and prob one of the best if not the best in the state. Easily a top 5 along with MiMi Cartwright who went head to head. In that AA game Gibbs had the better all around team not to mention Goodpasture fielded I believe only 11 players, yet the still were in the Championship game, see a pattern here??? You put your pitcher out there as one of the best in the state, and she is very talented hard to beat her speed, but location location location is what in my opinion separates her from others. Lets talk about this topic its not about getting to State as you proclaim in your last post but BEST PITCHERS, and you opened this can of worms by stating Cartwright wasn't in your opinion one of the best, yet she pitches a no hitter against a team that has solid batters from top too bottom. They don't have a weak spot like most teams do after the top five batters. It's very impressive and ranks up there with one of the best performances I have seen. Another thing, tell me about these D1 pitchers you speak of???? Who are they and what makes them the best??? Is Ashton one of these D1 pitchers because you say she is one of the best?? Let's not cast judgement by saying Cartwright isn't one of the best because up unto this point she has proved herself not only this season but by getting to the State Championship her junior season. I say this Goodpasture team surprised me this season thought it was going to be a rough one for them, but because they have a pitcher who can control a game and coaches who know how to win when its on the line(reference back to your tie game with them) that makes the difference. I am sure Cartwright don't need your approval but anyone who knows softball knows that girl can bring it. I would even venture to say the Riverdale faithful would put her as one of the best in the state!!! Edited by AAsoftballguru

I swear my ADD has kicked in and couldn't read all of that. Good luck to you and your team. can have my opinion and you have yours.

Good luck to you and Ashton and as for me I don't have a dog in the fight my daughter graduated a few years back. I just try and keep up with highschool softball and I might even be recruiting some of your players one day you never know!!!! Sorry if I caused the ADD to kick in but to say Cartwright isn't one of the best is a little far fetched, and needed to be addressed by a non biased person!!!! Edited by AAsoftballguru

One of the best pitched games I have seen. Riverdale is very solid, top to bottom best batting lineup I have seen this year. Mimi is not only a great pitcher but a great leader and I think she deserves to be named with the best pitchers in the state this year. I hope she continues to stay healthy and I am a glad that my two daughters have such a great senior leader!!! GO COUGARS!!

Don't know if anyone has thrown Smyrna's Makenzie Prince into this topic, but she deserves to be mentioned after a 1-hit shutout against Riverdale tonight with 9 Ks. She's even better than she was last year...and she was 7-AAA MVP last year.

Edited by MTSN