Best Pitchers

Deion24

Don't know if anyone has thrown Smyrna's Makenzie Prince into this topic, but she deserves to be mentioned after a 1-hit shutout against Riverdale tonight with 9 Ks. She's even better than she was last year...and she was 7-AAA MVP last year.

I had the privilege to watch this young lady pitch twice and WOW!!! She is a baller. She is easily one of the best in the state, if not the best at this point. Congrats to her and Smyrna!!
  • Upvote 1

AA softballguru, ellen renfroe is an all american and they dont come along every year. my point is you look at records some of these teams of girls mentioned and sometimes it isn't just pitcher. Prince is Kentucky comitt and very very good. Her Westview team record on coacht is 1-3, Jennings a UTC comity is 2-5, but she has been hurt some this year. Riverdale and Coffee pitchers aren't committed but are very good. Coffee 9-2,,Riverdale 14-1.. Takes defense and hitter and a very good pitcher

Meagan Prince definitely has to be on this list. She is a lefty that has signed with Kentucky. Westview is 15-5-1 this year and she probably has several shutouts. She has good speed and hits her spots well!

Which pitchers do you speak of and what stats are you talking about??

I think I will leave the names out. I have a daughter too. (none pitching daughter). Everyone can go to the team schedules and scoreboards here and see the wins & loses and read the articles on the teams. And most also have gamechanger and you can see every pitch. All I am saying is I didnt get some of the picks.

I think I will leave the names out. I have a daughter too. (none pitching daughter). Everyone can go to the team schedules and scoreboards here and see the wins & loses and read the articles on the teams. And most also have gamechanger and you can see every pitch. All I am saying is I didnt get some of the picks.

Well some of the picks are probably biased, but some are very good pitchers as well. Alot of pitchers pitch great games against not so good opponents, but its the one's who shine when they are playing teams that win constantly and put up big strike out numbers and give up less hits against very good hitting teams. Look at some of these teams stats as far as points scored and when you have a team averaging over 10 points and a pitcher shuts them down thats a good sign she is for real. I do agree some of the picks are a little biased.....

In the Chattanooga area the pitching, compared to last year, is not as competitive as It was. So far I have not seen a dominant pitcher that you could hand the ball to with a one run lead and guarantee a win. I have not seen every pitcher in the state by no means. But from reading this thread there must be some out there. I hope I get to see the Richland girl pitch.