South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

I Wonder If Ole Stone Would Take It, Now That He's Been Passed Over Like A Johnny Come Lately...

Nah Stone didn't apply for the job. I talked with him tonight at the baseball field after their consecutive victories over the Warriors of Jasper in baseball. He said he would keep coaching baseball and would support the new coach and be a coordinator or assistant if the new guy wanted to go that direction.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Nah Stone didn't apply for the job. I talked with him tonight at the baseball field after their consecutive victories over the Warriors of Jasper in baseball. He said he would keep coaching baseball and would support the new coach and be a coordinator or assistant if the new guy wanted to go that direction.

What a shame, that feller is all about the Pirates and a proven winner. But good to hear he has the baseball team doing good, fact is consecutive wins over the Jasper fellers is great! Recon Old Pirate will be watching the baseball team! Where is a schedule? Edited by OLD PIRATE

Yep. The 10-1 record last year made it pretty easy to figure out. Not sure about all the hostility being shown towards him. Seems like a good coach. They hate you when your bad. They hate you when you're good. Fact is, if you coach, they hate you.

It has nothing to do about hate from my points. I have learned in life you can't take poision and expect someone else to die from it. I take pride in Moore County. Many times people on here are clueless to what goes on behind closed doors. It's kinda shameful on the program when your head coach publicly lobbies for other jobs. It's embarrassing to be honest and a slap in the face. I am all for coaches moving up the ladder and providing whats best for your family. I know all to well how bad of pay this career offers. No, I am not a parent or former parent. Many former players feel the same way I do. Our director of schools played for Mac.

I just find it odd to tell people you love your job and players but are still looking on the first train out. I have no hate, maybe a few sour grapes. I am not going to let that control my life. Like I said earlier wins and losses mean very little to me. If you love the program, do whats best for the kids, and take pride in the community then everything else will take care of it's self

Edited by BURLEY

again, and let me make this clear, i am not a candidate for this job, my wife and i have added on to our house although we do hope to sell it and build one of our own. We potentially have the best team coming back since 1999, potentially i say. If you look at the other posts around the blogs you will see that i comment on lots of jobs and some of the hires that are taking place, do i lobby no i just state opinion and sometimes gossip that i hear....i dont go looking up people although i do know that some have a wife that teaches and LES, works at Tullahma and coaches i believe bowling.....but i would never say who that is, people dont like my offense and they dont like my defense, i dont think even my dad does...again sorry for having an opinion and stating things that should be true about what you want in hiring a coach

again, and let me make this clear, i am not a candidate for this job, my wife and i have added on to our house although we do hope to sell it and build one of our own. We potentially have the best team coming back since 1999, potentially i say. If you look at the other posts around the blogs you will see that i comment on lots of jobs and some of the hires that are taking place, do i lobby no i just state opinion and sometimes gossip that i hear....i dont go looking up people although i do know that some have a wife that teaches and LES, works at Tullahma and coaches i believe bowling.....but i would never say who that is, people dont like my offense and they dont like my defense, i dont think even my dad does...again sorry for having an opinion and stating things that should be true about what you want in hiring a coach

Come on up.. you beat me in bowling and I will buy you a hotdog.

Edited by BURLEY

I will be the mean guy here but please take the baseball conversations to that board and stay on topic. People tend to fill us with complaints when people post on the board for a particular sport.

LOPAO......Deputy, ain't NO conversation about baseball, jest a few comments...sure ain't near as many as Ronnie's Red Eye, skillet slingers or HEEP of other non topic comments! Old Pirate says you deputies need to lighten up or else make every comment topic info, then......coacht will become an after thought and be so boring no one will give a quat. Recon this ain't on topic neither. So here goes topic driven comment: coach Vic should have a coach picked by now, what in the cat hair is the hold up?