Question for the refs

BigG

OK. Didn't know the answer to this one.

Had a coach call me today and present a situation.

A PK was called against team A. Team A asks the ref if they can switch their goal keeper with a field player. Ref allows it.

Team B scored anyway.

But I was still puzzled to know if that was within the rules of high school soccer.

MVM?

OK. Didn't know the answer to this one.

Had a coach call me today and present a situation.

A PK was called against team A. Team A asks the ref if they can switch their goal keeper with a field player. Ref allows it.

Team B scored anyway.

But I was still puzzled to know if that was within the rules of high school soccer.

MVM?

Rule 3-5 of NFHS Soccer Rules specifically addresses changing a goalkeeper with a field player. It states that a gk can change with a player on the field whenever the clock is stopped or a substitution takes place. The ref must be notified.

Rule 3-5 of NFHS Soccer Rules specifically addresses changing a goalkeeper with a field player. It states that a gk can change with a player on the field whenever the clock is stopped or a substitution takes place. The ref must be notified.

Many thanks, my friend!

Think Notre Dame boys team has a chance this spring?

Many thanks, my friend!

Think Notre Dame boys team has a chance this spring?

The Irish always have a chance but face a tough road game on Tuesday at Signal Mountain. SM won 4-3 in district play. Irish goals have been a rare occurrence this year, though defense has been solid with exception of SM game. Against McCallie a few days ago, a key player had his head split open. Hopefully, he will be able to suit up on Tuesday. I think the SM game will be tougher than the CCS game will be on Thursday.