9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

unless someone moves into Sumner County, i dont think there will be any 4 or 5 stars in the near future. this year was a special one for Sumner County talent in the football arena.

I believe maybe a few 3 star kids in the near future. Summer combines and exposure for some with help. Also, some great athletes have been injured this past season that will be back.

Any one of these can win it next year, WC, MJ, Hville, Beech, SC, GHS. As mentioned above injuries just like this year can play a major role. 9-AAA is not the SEC of high school football but a lot of very good players coming back (Angel and Johnson for WC, Chowbay for MJ, Elston, Turner and Schwerdt for Hville, the VanZant brothers and Wright for Beech, Mason, DeVault and others for GHS, and T Malone and Anderton for SC). Throw in Davis from Lebanon and you will have some exciting football to look forward to.

Good Athletes. Possibly a couple 3-star guys there and for the young ones, who knows, may end up 4-stars.

There are always a lot of good athletes in 9AAA. There will also be some surprises. Don't know about 4-5 stars; but then those ratings don't always pan out. Until J Malone went to all of the camps; he was under the radar. It makes you wonder about other athletes and the different schemes they play under. No doubt there are some terrific athletes that don't necessarily play in the position that is best for them; but that is best for the team.

2014 will be an exciting and very competitive year.

There are always a lot of good athletes in 9AAA. There will also be some surprises. Don't know about 4-5 stars; but then those ratings don't always pan out. Until J Malone went to all of the camps; he was under the radar. It makes you wonder about other athletes and the different schemes they play under. No doubt there are some terrific athletes that don't necessarily play in the position that is best for them; but that is best for the team.

2014 will be an exciting and very competitive year.

I completely agree on the camps and exposure. The more you go to and do well the more your stock rises. I do not know if Sumner Co will ever have 2 back to back Mr Football winners and top recruits in the nation again. But I do think that their exposure will help some other athletes if they continue to improve.

There may not be any 5 stars right now, but you're a fool to say some of these kids don't have the POTENTIAL to hit the mark

Well call me a fool. Not sure who you are, but it's apparent you don't know how difficult it is to get that fifth star. That's not to say Sumner County doesn't have some legitimate D1 talent, just no 5 stars.

Key word is potential buddy.

There are two 5 stars in TN this year... They just happen to both be in Sumner County. I'm telling you there's not a 5 star athlete at any school in 9AAA right now. There may be one that transfers in, but I see that as the only "potential" of having a 5 star anytime soon.

I would agree with Eers. Until this year I am having difficulty remembering a 4 star player in 9-AAA in the past 5 years. Someone help me out here but the only former player in the SEC is Joe Townsend from Hendersonville. Very good district with a lot of good players just not the superstars but always in contention state wide.